EVO 3D!!

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping for a more streamlined smooth unibody design and it is not cool that the kick stand is gone :-[. Htc opted for a more industrial design - but not bad looking. The cameras on the back are annoying, but so is the camera on my current Evo. I will more than likely be purchasing on day one.

cold war kid

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting one for sure! From a design standpoint I think it's a great looking device, I LOVE the dedicated camera shutter (even if it's a little large). I never really used the kickstand on my original Evo so in won't miss it much, and I absolutely love the look of Sense 3.0!

Honestly Sense is the biggest feature for me. I'm one of the very few, especially around here, who really does not like stock Android. Sense just adds so much functionality and eye candy! Also, I can't wait to see what that qHD display looks like up close. Is there any word on whether it's a standard LCD or a S-LCD? I'm hoping for the latter but it isn't a deal breaker. I'd say the thing I'm least excited about is the 3D functionality. Sure it's cool but it's just an added gimmick that I will probably never use.

rodeiguez102

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Here's the only modification i would make. Definitely getting the phone, so will most likely do this mod for real. the red outline is on the back cover and not on the actual phone hardware, so that will make it much easier to do.

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's the only modification i would make. Definitely getting the phone, so will most likely do this mod for real. the red outline is on the back cover and not on the actual phone hardware, so that will make it much easier to do.

I like the red ring, it's like the og evo and the incredible it sets it apart.

rodeiguez102

May 18, 2010
Visit site
True. i definitely enjoyed the red on the og evo camera and inside the back cover. i just feel like its overkill on this one, maybe i'll be the only one with a EVO 3D without the red ring..

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
This phone looks really interesting. Should definitly be Sprint's new flagship device. I wonder how the battery life will be since it is a 1.2 ghz dual core processor. I think the average user will get longer life with battery but power user will get a whole lot of juice for their needs.

The TBolt def should have been this device haha. Verizon messed up. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.....

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well Verizon has better phones in the pipeline, I really don't know what they were thinking when they commissioned the Tbolt, that thing is way behind the times not just compared to the Evo, but compared to many of the other phones VZ has in the pipeline, and it's expensive too, so it's not like it was meant to be a middle class phone like how AT&T treats the Inspire.

Anyhow, I like the red ring around the cameras, and I mean come on, we need the two cameras for 3d, how else would design it? Also, I like the textured back cover, I rather have something grippy than pretty paint or glass like the last two generations of iPhones that scratched up in no time at all. If that red ring does protrude passed the camera glass, then I'd be willing to carry my Evo 3d in nude, no case required!

I love the specs, but I think the software needs some work still, in a lot of the videos there were glitches and force closes with the weather app and the camera app.

Definite buy for me!

cold war kid

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I love the specs, but I think the software needs some work still, in a lot of the videos there were glitches and force closes with the weather app and the camera app.

Keep in mind that this phone isn't slated to be released until Summer and what we saw today at CTIA was prototype hardware, and very early software.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just imagine the Evo 4G had the specs of the 3D when it launched last year....the competition would have been caught with their pants down!

5 or 8 mp camera.....it's just a numbers game...Add the two 5s together and you have a total 10 mp! But seriously, the iPhone 4 only has a 5 mp camera, and I think it's pics look better than the one from my Evo, it's all about the software too!

And yeah, I can't wait! If it were to come out tomorrow, I'd pay full price, I just don't care.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that this phone isn't slated to be released until Summer and what we saw today at CTIA was prototype hardware, and very early software.

Oh yeah, I am aware of that, but Sense has been around for a while, and HTC seems to know what they're doing, and it crashed launching common apps like weather and camera....just kind of surprised me.

crgrapid

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
id definitly get it this summer, i like the cameras on the back, thats just me, only thing i could do with out is the camera button bien so big, anybody know if its only gonna be 3D or will there be an option to make it look like a regular screen

dbeazyy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Im definitely buying this phone the day it comes out..android 2.3 new sense sofware..dual core processor. I love my evo now..but im due for an upgrade in summer. Definitely getting this device. None of these little flaws are a deal breaker for me.

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
For sure buying this phone on launch day. I do love my kickstand so hopefully the kickstand case is available on launch day as well.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Although I love my Evo I won't miss the kickstand that I never use. I don't care about 3D but I will be up grading to this device. I happen to like sense on my devices and don't care for vanilla Android.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Now that looks like a good phone, wtf are they doing with that hidious red

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000