EVO 3D!!

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
RE comment: "5 or 8 mp camera.....it's just a numbers game...Add the two 5s together and you have a total 10 mp!" the HTC person in one video demo said that two 5mps working simultaneously still give you 5mp resolution.

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Call quality please!

With Motorola's Atrix 4G audio quality woes hitting big time, I hope that HTC will remember that some of us actually use our smartphones to make calls! But I'm hopeful they will judging from CNET's call quality review on the EVO 4 ("call quality was great"). Otherwise, I am really looking forward to getting the EVO 3D. It will be a big step up from my aging Palm Pre and its 243 available apps!

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks like this is the phone I'm going to get. Was thinking of the Nexus S because of size, but then someone so kindly pointed out they're about the same.. and they're right. RIP 3.7"

As for the 8MP vs 5MP cameras. Are you people serious? Has a camera phone EVER taken a picture that was good enough to use for such a large resolution? No. If you -NEED- 8MP you are either delusional or a good photographer and you have a real camera if it's the latter.

I don't particularly care about 3D on a mobile device, very gimmicky.
Same here.. It's last on the list of things I'm looking for. But hey, if it's there, might as well use it. At worst I'll pretend 3D isn't there and it's still better than the rest of the lineup.

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
RE comment: "5 or 8 mp camera.....it's just a numbers game...Add the two 5s together and you have a total 10 mp!" the HTC person in one video demo said that two 5mps working simultaneously still give you 5mp resolution.

Well that was meant as a joke.

But really....8 MP for a phone is overkill, the limited optics due to limit space in the phone are just not good enough and you really won't see the difference between a 5 and 8 mp camera. I have a 12 mp camera, and I never take pictures at the highest resolution, it's just a waste of space if all you do is point and shoot and then look at the pics on your computer or tv. If you want to do serious photography, the type where you want to print them out on a high quality printer using high qualtiy paper, then use a real camera.

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Nether can I. It's gonna be such an upgrade from my, count it 7th replacement palm pre. I can't wait to enjoy all that green robot goodness.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Same here, on my 5th Pre. been waiting for the right phone to switch to android. this is the one :)

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
id definitly get it this summer, i like the cameras on the back, thats just me, only thing i could do with out is the camera button bien so big, anybody know if its only gonna be 3D or will there be an option to make it look like a regular screen
There is a switch next to the camera button that switches between 2D and 3D.

crabjoe

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Prob more the TBolt came out recently for $250 and with these specs i'm sure it'll cost more.

Thunderbolt came out at $249, but even Verizon is already discounting it. The other day, Verizon was selling it for $149 with a new 2 year contract.

Problem with Sprint is, they don't like to discount phones, where Verizon will. Last year, Verizon was constantly offering sale pricing on their top tier phones by doing BOGO, $149, $99 and other pricing. When you look at how much Verizon cuts the phone costs, there's not much of a savings on Sprint, over a 2 year period.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz