Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I can't wait!!

I am stoked about the specs on the new phone!!!!

ROM
    OMJ's ROM

Post EVO 3D!!

Thoughts? Getting it or sticking with the original one (EVO 4G)
    Interested in your opinions.

I think the whole camera thing in the back is about the ugliest thing I have seen on a phone to this date. Great way to fck up a phone

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I will be getting it for sure. The specs seem better than the original EVO.

ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

I have cash NAO!!!

I'm not a fan of 3d, but will probably get it for the dual core and high res display.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

ROM
    OMJ's ROM

Yeah, love my EVO but the specs on the 3D are great, not sure about the battery life, even though its 1730mAh, also I agree with dkotoric, i don't like the back.

ROM
    OMJ's ROM

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I'm not a fan of 3d, but will probably get it for the dual core and high res display.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g
    Yeah, if I get it it will be because of that not only for 3D...

I still like Nexus S better.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I can't believe what they did to the back they ruined it. If the back was nice it would be a 9 out of 10 for me but the way the back looks really hurts it to a 7 out of 10. It could have been really great but now its just really good. I am still going to get it unless there is something better by release date.

What the hell is that ugly camera button there for? They couldn't design a better looking one?

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

^ agree

I like the phone and the specs seem cool. I'm just not too keen on chasing new technology like that.

i think its a great looking phone, can't wait to buy it

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

would so much rather have an 8mp rear cam than 2 5mp... 3d is very gimicky. dont think id ever use it. besides that very pumped about the specs!
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I have my upgrade so I can't wait either! I'm gonna get this and sit back and not look for anymore phones for 22 months. lol.

the nexus still intrigues me though. so simple.

What's gonna be then price tag on this, I wonder. 250... hmmm.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I also think it looks good, a true manly man phone haha. I just dont like the HTC logo on the back to be sideways, whats up with that...

Nexus S is prettier, and is also a awesome device. A buddy has one and ive played with it, pretty sweet.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I am not into the 3d part of it, I love my evo and one with dual core 1.2ghz is like holy sex!!!!! For me it is just an update on what I currently have

I really want this phone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by 18TGTI04 View Post
    I can't believe what they did to the back they ruined it. If the back was nice it would be a 9 out of 10 for me but the way the back looks really hurts it to a 7 out of 10. It could have been really great but now its just really good. I am still going to get it unless there is something better by release date.
    I think they should have put the cameras side by side with red led lights inside them so it could look like eyes staring at you!

I was hoping for a more streamlined smooth unibody design and it is not cool that the kick stand is gone . Htc opted for a more industrial design - but not bad looking. The cameras on the back are annoying, but so is the camera on my current Evo. I will more than likely be purchasing on day one.
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

EVO 3d is what the thunderbolt should have been without 3d

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

With my upgrade I'm 95% sure this will be the phone for me. I can't wait till June.

I'll be getting one for sure! From a design standpoint I think it's a great looking device, I LOVE the dedicated camera shutter (even if it's a little large). I never really used the kickstand on my original Evo so in won't miss it much, and I absolutely love the look of Sense 3.0!

Honestly Sense is the biggest feature for me. I'm one of the very few, especially around here, who really does not like stock Android. Sense just adds so much functionality and eye candy! Also, I can't wait to see what that qHD display looks like up close. Is there any word on whether it's a standard LCD or a S-LCD? I'm hoping for the latter but it isn't a deal breaker. I'd say the thing I'm least excited about is the 3D functionality. Sure it's cool but it's just an added gimmick that I will probably never use.
    Virgin Mobile K10 Royale> Virgin Mobile Snapper V7> T-Mobile Sidekick 3> T-Mobile Sidekick LX> T-Mobile Sidekick Slide> T-Mobile Sidekick iD> T-Mobile Sidekick 2008> iPhone 2G 16GB> T-Mobile G1> Blackberry Curve 8320> Blackberry Bold 9000> Blackberry Storm 9530> Blackberry Curve 8900> iPhone 3G 8GB> Blackberry Tour 9630> T-Mobile myTouch 3G> Blackberry Bold 9700> iPhone 3GS 16GB> HTC EVO 4G.

Here's the only modification i would make. Definitely getting the phone, so will most likely do this mod for real. the red outline is on the back cover and not on the actual phone hardware, so that will make it much easier to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EVO 3D!!-evo-3d-red-vs-black.jpg  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast