?? The Official Anticipation Thread For The EVO 3D? ??

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just want a new phone that will hold its own for at least one year without being completely overshadowed by new technology that wipes the floor with it. And seeing as how the original EVO is still one of the top 3 phones on the market after almost a year, I see no reason to not think that that the EVO 3D will be the same if not better. I'm starting my countdown to June now !!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just want a new phone that will hold its own for at least one year without being completely overshadowed by new technology that wipes the floor with it. And seeing as how the original EVO is still one of the top 3 phones on the market after almost a year, I see no reason to not think that that the EVO 3D will be the same if not better. I'm starting my countdown to June now !!
I second the notion...

At first not seeing any kickstand kinda startled me a little, because of how much time I spend watching videos and stuff. Then I saw the clip-on stand ... and felt a lot better.

Thank you HTC for not letting us down. I guess because of the changes HTC felt like this kind of stand/kickstand would be the best.

Lets say there wasn't any kind of stand/kickstand available - would you still get the phone?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I second the notion...

At first not seeing any kickstand kinda startled me a little, because of how much time I spend watching videos and stuff. Then I saw the clip-on stand ... and felt a lot better.

Thank you HTC for not letting us down. I guess because of the changes HTC felt like this kind of stand/kickstand would be the best.

Lets say there wasn't any kind of stand/kickstand available - would you still get the phone?

The lack of a kickstand would not keep me from buying this phone!

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm so excited n at the same time mad because I wish I can have it already, cmon summer hurry up...I wish I could time travel to the launch day of the mighty EVO 3D

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm so excited n at the same time mad because I wish I can have it already, cmon summer hurry up...I wish I could time travel to the launch day of the mighty EVO 3D

Easy Killer! Anticipation is part of the fun! First a hint at what's going to be announced, then you finally get to see clear pictures, then hands on videos, then maybe some benchmarking and early reviews, until the glorious day finally comes!

:D

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Benchmark won't make any difference to me... however, it would be nice to know the scores though.

(Q) - The EVO 3D will carry two 5mp cameras @•> one for 2d pics and both for 3d pic capturing. Is a 5mp camera better than a 8mp??

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Benchmark won't make any difference to me... however, it would be nice to know the scores though.

(Q) - The EVO 3D will carry two 5mp cameras @?> one for 2d and both for 3d pic capturing. Is a 5mp camera better than a 8mp??

Yeah, I am one of those people that need some sort of scientific confirmation that I have something fast. My poor car had to endure over 30 dyno runs until I was happy....lol.. so yeah, benchmarks are just for confirmation purposes. Even with the beta software running on the early demo units, everything looked fast in the videos.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, Sprint somehow screwed up my gold member status but I will still be getting the Evo 3D and as far as the kickstand goes I never used it. I guess i'll be selling my current Evo to make up the price difference a little. For those who qualify Sprint will be getting rid of their mail in rebates temporarily...although I always go to the Shack.

Bye bye Blackberry

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to drop my blackberry for this, and I've convinced my wife to return her Epic (within the 30 day window) and go back to her blackberry for this phone. I just want it before my trip to Canada so I can show my Iphone loving brother how much better my phone is.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, Sprint somehow screwed up my gold member status but I will still be getting the Evo 3D and as far as the kickstand goes I never used it. I guess i'll be selling my current Evo to make up the price difference a little. For those who qualify Sprint will be getting rid of their mail in rebates temporarily...although I always go to the Shack.
I only hope Sprint will work with me to get an early update... if not, I'll just buy one off Ebay.
I can't wait to drop my blackberry for this, and I've convinced my wife to return her Epic (within the 30 day window) and go back to her blackberry for this phone. I just want it before my trip to Canada so I can show my Iphone loving brother how much better my phone is.
I know he'll be pissed. Lol.

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just want it before my trip to Canada so I can show my Iphone loving brother how much better my phone is.

I know the iPhone is extremely popular and millions of people have it as well as Apple computers and they love it. But for me I just never really got the whole craze. It always just seemed like they were selling over-priced hardware with Apple logos on it. And that all of the cool kids have it and you aren't cool unless you have an iPod, or iPad or iPhone or whatever. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a Android / PC guy ? Maybe ;)

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I know the iPhone is extremely popular and millions of people have it as well as Apple computers and they love it. But for me I just never really got the whole craze. It always just seemed like they were selling over-priced hardware with Apple logos on it. And that all of the cool kids have it and you aren't cool unless you have an iPod, or iPad or iPhone or whatever. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a Android / PC guy ? Maybe ;)
iphone people will always think their phones are better no matter how much they're not, you just won't be able to get it out of there head

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Bye bye Blackberry

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I don't get it. I will admit I like the feel of the Iphone, but I don't like it any better than a lot of the Android Phones out there. I just really don't like that Apple has to control everything. Never owned anything by apple and don't see that changing anytime soon.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from an old Pre. I like what I see with the Evo. What if Sprint picks up the Samsung Galaxy II?

The only thing the Galaxy S2 brings to the table is the Super Amoled Plus display and maybe the processor, maybe because there are rumors that there will be two different version of the phone for different markets, one that has the Tegra 2, the other one that has the Exynos from Samsung.

If it's the Tegra 2, well, that's what we've seen in the Atrix already, good CPU/GPU but without any benchmarks of the new dual Snapdragon to compare it too (in final hard and software), the jury is still out which one is better.

As far as the display goes, yes, Super Amoled plus is great, but it's a lower resolution, a slightly smaller screen, and it can't do 3d.

I am sticking to the Evo 3d. I had interest in the Galaxy S2 until they officially announced the Evo 3d.

albj69

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
The 3D isn't a selling point for me. Its the other hardware like dual core and 1g of ram and a good looking screen. I like the look of the new Sense UI. I'm just playing devils advocate in my head, but will most likely get the Evo on launch day.

Reactions: crxssi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan