soo how "3D" is it?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I played with a 3ds today, the 3d effect was as expected, it adds depth and doesn't really pop out. You have to look at the screen dead on and after a second or two you see the full effect. I also played that flying game where you have to fly through a bunch of rings. Your plane was the closes object to you, everything else seemed further away. This is really not how I want to play a game, it seems like you can't move your head or the 3d effect will go away. After about 2 minutes of playing I stopped, and it didn't take long for my eyes to feel rather uncomfortable, and they still are now, hours later.

I will probably only use the 3d for some short videos and taking pictures, like I said in another post, to me it's all just extra gravy, I am buying the phone for the speed, not the 3d.

Reactions: blitz118

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
the specs minus the 3D is a reason for anybody to be excited about this phone. I've played with the 3DS just this past weekend and I admit it is pretty cool

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
the specs minus the 3D is a reason for anybody to be excited about this phone. I've played with the 3DS just this past weekend and I admit it is pretty cool

I agree, the 3d is cool, but unfortunately peopls physiology is different, some handle this eye fooling trick better than others, unfortunately, my eyes don't handle it very well. :-( Not sure if it is psychological with me or what, but I get sick playing first person shooters, however I can handle racing games perfectly fine. When I watch a 3d movie on a 3d TV or even in the theater, I see flickering, just like a computer monitor that's set to a very low refresh rate. I can't do rollercoasters and I get car sick and sea sick easily. I can't read on a plane, let alone a car. I guess if you have any or all of these symptoms, playing 3d games on any hand held device isn't a good idea.

DCLocal

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
The specs are what have me wanting this phone, but it kinda sucks that the camera got downgraded to 5 MP. SO now its between this and the Samsung Galaxy S II for me.
Keep in mind there are TWO 5MP cameras... There will be a lot of apps developed (if not available out of the box) that will do lots of cool things with two cameras that have nothing to do with 3D. Two cameras sensors can combine data for almost 10MP quality pictures, then consider real HDR, better noise reduction, etc... Lots of cool stuff to come.

I love the camera button. I take a lot of pics with my phone and hate unlocking, finding the camera icon and waiting for the app to start. It'll be great to just get to it.
+1

I see the 3d part of the Evo 3d as just extra gravy to the delicious meal that is the technical specs of this phone.
I agree completely. Personally I like the idea of 3D even if only a gimmick. But forget about the 3D altogether and the EVO 3D ROCKS!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I also have my doubts about 3D gaming on a touch screen. Also, the 3DS has a slider to change the intensity of the 3D. I don't think the E3D has that.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Like some others mentioned I checked out a 3DS for grins and giggles to see how this technology worked. I gotta say it was pretty cool.
Not sure how much I would like looking at it all the time on a phone, but I am pretty intreagued by this to say the least.

IM still reserved about getting this phone. I will likely wait a little after its out to see how things pan out, but Im heavily considering it.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just to reiterate, the 3D is only used for media and games. The OS and menus are not in 3D. So you could get this phone and very easily never utilize the 3D feature since there are no normal phone operations that use it.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Just to reiterate, the 3D is only used for media and games. The OS and menus are not in 3D. So you could get this phone and very easily never utilize the 3D feature since there are no normal phone operations that use it.

Well that's good to hear! I'd hate to open my Contacts and see the mother-in-law pop out at me in 3D! lol :-!

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the 3D is gravy on top of the killer hardware. I am stoked to get this phone. My new tv has 3D as well so i will have somthing to view the vids & pics on other than the phone.
It would be interesting what kind of apps or programs are made for the use of the two 5mp cameras. Mabey something like the augmented reality thing on the 3DS?

DezyDiablo

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
3D seems too gimmicky I dont see myself upgrading from my current phone to get it. I was so hype about video chatting with my Evo and i pretty much only used it twice since i had it...which has been like a year and some change already. Aside from the dual core snapdragon and android 2.3(which there will no doubt be a root for) upgrades i see no reason to trade up.

a comparison of Evo 4G vs Evo 3D:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/HTC-EVO-3D,HTC-EVO-4G/phones/5321,4382

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I haven't seen the 3d on this, but I have seen the 3d screen on the 3DS, and if it's a good as that is, I'll be impressed. It's quite neat.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am obviously super new to these forums and the Android format as well. I was a Pre faithful err hopeful and have given up all hope. I eyed the EVO until I realized the EVO 3d was coming out. I am color blind so 3d really doesn't work for me but EVERYTHING else about this phone does.

I do not understand the argument of "3d is a gimmick so I am not getting the phone". I have researched this phone as much as possible and it seems to me 3D is not the prime features to this phone. It was mentioned earlier 3D is the gravy to an already delicious meal and I couldn't agree more.

All I can say is I am anxiously waiting for this phone..had already saved up for the EVO but now I can get the EVO3D.

Look forward to more forum conversations.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I cant do 3d well because i have astigmatism in my right eye but not my left. Kind of hurts to watch anything 3d

Sent from my Inspiration

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It gave me a huge headache afterwards. I guess my point was the 3D is an added bonus to the awesomeness packaged in the EVO 3D.