evo 3d price point

Parker Clack

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I believe it will be $199 after all the discounts not only to draw in new customers but get the current EVO 4G users like myself to upgrade.

Parker

crabjoe

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
hmmm. idk since the Echo is priced at $199. I would like the E3D to be $199, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was higher.

Echo has to be that price to cover the cost of dual screens and 2 batteries. But watch, you'll see that price on that thing drop FAST!

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this phone go for $249-299 on 2yr contract because the Thunderbolt was $249

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe it will be $199 after all the discounts not only to draw in new customers but get the current EVO 4G users like myself to upgrade.

Parker

that would be a great price that are looking at the best Android phone, and yes make it definitely easier for Sprint customers already

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
3 year contract I think a price of $0 with a deposit of $300 to secure you not closing your account not for credit purposes that will get refunded if you stay with Sprint. The refund will take place starting on the 18th month of the contract in $20 increments toward your bill. There will also be a ETF of $350 throught out the length of the contract just in case you decide to cancel your contract and you forfeit the deposit. If you decide you want to upgrade on the 24th month $150 of your deposit will get refunded when you renew your contract.

I would sign that contract.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this phone go for $249-299 on 2yr contract because the Thunderbolt was $249
The Thunderbolt is Verizon's best phone and is basically an EVO with LTE instead of WiMax.

The Atrix is ATT's best phone at $199.

The EVO 3D blows all that away.

Sprint under-priced the EVO at $199. Every store was sold out for months. As soon as they would get their EVO allotments, they were gone the same day. Did Sprint learn their lesson?

I hope the EVO 3D is at $199 but how could Sprint be stupid enough to price it that low?

Wait, Sprint took the Echo. There is hope!

Last edited:

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I too am a day one Pre owner and am fed up. I find myslef more and more coming to the android central forums than the preforums as there is never good news for us orignal Pre owners...until now.

WE have the luxury of the upgrade to what sounds like the best phone to be on the market. WE can also make a statement to HP/Palm that we are done waiting and you are too late.

My contract is up this month but I will patiently wait for this device to come out. I was already eyeing the EVO 4G but since this was announced I can wait a bit longer.

As far as the price...I knowthe EVO3D is not going to be more than I spent on my Pre original with upgrade:$299 and I know it will be far more successful than the crap Pre I am using today.

Reactions: jddavis11

BigFNj

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The Thunderbolt is Verizon's best phone and is basically an EVO with LTE instead of WiMax.

Sprint under-priced the EVO at $199. Every store was sold out for months. As soon as they would get their EVO allotments, they were gone the same day. Did Sprint learn their lesson?

I hope the EVO 3D is at $199 but how could Sprint be stupid enough to price it that low?

Has everyone forgotten that Sprint carried the Epic 4G at 249.99 until about a month ago, and they said it was because it had a keyboard, this ***** has 3D, it will defenitely be 249.99 AT LEAST.

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Thunderbolt still $249?

In any case, I'm going out on a limb here at putting the Evo3D at a price of $299.

:eek::p:cool:

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

You're right there's still hope LOL

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I was reading an interview with Sprint's VP of Product Development, and he said this:

"It’s got a qHD display, its got this dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor, and it’s got a lot of core ROM and RAM memory in it. Then you throw the 3D on top of that, and it’s just an added benefit, right? So if I was to look at that compared to an ATRIX for example, or a BIONIC, I’d say you know what? I get more for my money here. For the same amount I’m paying for these other devices, maybe I should just go with this EVO 3D. And whether I use the 3D or not, I’m going to buy it anyway."

Since the Atrix is at a $199 price tag, I'm thinking the Evo 3D will be the same. Thoughts?

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was reading an interview with Sprint's VP of Product Development, and he said this:

"It?s got a qHD display, its got this dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor, and it?s got a lot of core ROM and RAM memory in it. Then you throw the 3D on top of that, and it?s just an added benefit, right? So if I was to look at that compared to an ATRIX for example, or a BIONIC, I?d say you know what? I get more for my money here. For the same amount I?m paying for these other devices, maybe I should just go with this EVO 3D. And whether I use the 3D or not, I?m going to buy it anyway."

Since the Atrix is at a $199 price tag, I'm thinking the Evo 3D will be the same. Thoughts?

I hope your right! $199 would be amazing, but i can't believe they would pass up the opportunity to charge more for it lol.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I hope your right! $199 would be amazing, but i can't believe they would pass up the opportunity to charge more for it lol.

At the time the Evo 4G was released they could have charnged more then $199 as it was the only phone with those specs but the still stuck with $199 and thats one of the reasons why it was so succesfull. I don't expect it to be any more then $200

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

"It’s got a qHD display, its got this dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor, and it’s got a lot of core ROM and RAM memory in it. Then you throw the 3D on top of that, and it’s just an added benefit, right? So if I was to look at that compared to an ATRIX for example, or a BIONIC, I’d say you know what? I get more for my money here. For the same amount I’m paying for these other devices, maybe I should just go with this EVO 3D. And whether I use the 3D or not, I’m going to buy it anyway."

I read that interview and thought the same thing: the EVO 3D will be $199. Sprint wants a runaway bestseller (like they had with their EVO 4g). They won't price it higher, especially when they are trying to woo customers away from T-Mo.

SipperPhoto

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I gotta think it will come in at $199 with contract/rebates, etc. Sprint makes more money off the contracts than they do the phones. It makes sense, they would keep it around $200.