How can I get the EVO3D at upgrade price?

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
So how do you plan on getting the EVO3D at upgrade price when you arent due for an upgrade for another 12 months?

Here is my details:

I got the EVO on lauch date, 6/4 last year. I am on the $69.99 plan, so that means I am only available for upgrade every 24 months. So how do I get the EVO3D at upgrade price when it launches this summer?

Assuming I can't get it at upgrade price, what should I do then? Buy the EVO3D at full price, then sell my EVO-OG on ebay or something?

Or do I start a petition to get sprint to offer upgrades to all EVO owners who bought them during the summer; esspecially the ones who were out there on launch day.

Last edited:

ekt8750

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So how do you plan on getting the EVO3D at upgrade price when you arent due for an upgrade for another 12 months?

Here is my details:

I got the EVO on lauch date, 6/4 last year. I am on the $69.99 plan, so that means I am only available for upgrade every 24 months. So how do I get the EVO3D at upgrade price when it launches this summer?

Assuming I can't get it at upgrade price, what should I do then? Buy the EVO3D at full price, then sell my EVO-OG on ebay or something?

Or do I start a petition to get sprint to offer upgrades to all EVO owners who bought them during the summer; esspecially the ones who were out there on launch day.

Do this today. Upgrade your plan to the Everything Data 900 which is the same as the 450 with double the minutes. It's $89.99 and will make you eligible for Premier Gold which has the yearly upgrades. After you get the Evo 3D you can downgrade back to the 450 minutes if you so choose.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
selling you evo-og (whatever that is) after the evo3d is out would be a terrible idea. sell it now to get the most profit and wait.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Do this today. Upgrade your plan to the Everything Data 900 which is the same as the 450 with double the minutes. It's $89.99 and will make you eligible for Premier Gold which has the yearly upgrades. After you get the Evo 3D you can downgrade back to the 450 minutes if you so choose.

Yeah....I am not sure if that's going to work...but you never know.

I for one am in a rather strange situation. I am on a shared everything data 3000 business plan which costs 189.99. According to Sprints rules, I should be able for the yearly upgrade, and I have been for the last two years. However, when I check my eligibility, they tell me that I am eligible for the 75 buck deal on June 1 of this year, and the 150 deal in April of 2012?? How does that make sense? I called Sprint about it, and they scratched their heads too. I had a guy looking into it and he called me back at least 4 times updating me on their findings until finally they came out with the rather unusual answer that I should be eligible for the 150 deal in June, the system will just adjust itself when the time comes. Uhmm? I am calling back tomorrow when the new rules take effect. I will also be checking the eligibility of my friends who, as of now, are still eligible for their full upgrades.

Should be interesting.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I would do. Sell your EVO and buy the nexus s. When the EVO 3d drops buy that and sell the nexus s. I think people will spend more for the nexus s in the summer that they will for the original evo at that time.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If anything, you should buy whatever phone you want now at Best Buy and pay for their buy back program. I think they will give you as much as 50% of the RETAIL price (which is around 500 to 600 bucks) back when you buy your next phone.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah....I am not sure if that's going to work...but you never know.

I for one am in a rather strange situation. I am on a shared everything data 3000 business plan which costs 189.99. According to Sprints rules, I should be able for the yearly upgrade, and I have been for the last two years. However, when I check my eligibility, they tell me that I am eligible for the 75 buck deal on June 1 of this year, and the 150 deal in April of 2012?? How does that make sense? I called Sprint about it, and they scratched their heads too. I had a guy looking into it and he called me back at least 4 times updating me on their findings until finally they came out with the rather unusual answer that I should be eligible for the 150 deal in June, the system will just adjust itself when the time comes. Uhmm? I am calling back tomorrow when the new rules take effect. I will also be checking the eligibility of my friends who, as of now, are still eligible for their full upgrades.

Should be interesting.

Have you tried calling business premier care?

I just checked on mine, and i have the same issue. i'll report back and let you know how my luck goes.

[Edit]

Just called sprint, they said that even though its not on the website, i'm eligible for an upgrade whenever i want it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MannyZ28

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried calling business premier care?

I just checked on mine, and i have the same issue. i'll report back and let you know how my luck goes.

[Edit]

Just called sprint, they said that even though its not on the website, i'm eligible for an upgrade whenever i want it.

Sweet, I will call them up tomorrow....I hope whoever answers the phone doesn't want to be a practical joker and pull a April 1st joke on me!

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I have found that even though you may only be eligible for a $75 upgrade, if you go to BestBuy or Radio Shack, they will give you the full discount.

Radio Shack sure didn't do that for me when I got my Evo. I got my full discount, but it was retentions that gave it to me after I told them I would not stand for having to pay full price for a phone after being loyal to Sprint for 11 years and generating 5 figures worth of revenue for them while a new guy can walk right in and get it for $200. I threatened to leave and asked them to close my account and they transferred me to retentions who asked me if I were to be giving the full discount, would I stay with Sprint......of course I said yes. The full discount was applied to my account, and then I was able to get it from Radio Shack.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was told to call them[Sprint] at that point - to make some arrangement. I'll see what happens then.

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If anyone changes their plan after 3/31/2010, you're only eligible for premiere upgrade after 90 days on the new plan. That means if you switched today, you're not eligible until this day in July.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have found that even though you may only be eligible for a $75 upgrade, if you go to BestBuy or Radio Shack, they will give you the full discount.

Please, nobody here follow this logic.

I know for a fact that it is wrong and will just leave you upset or angry in store. (If it happened to work for you, I bet that employee got **** for it. I know how their systems work.)

You really have 3 options for those of us who got the EVO on launch.

1) Use your 1-Year 75$ upgrade. As long as you goto a Radioshack or Bestbuy you'll pay Upgrade price + 75$.

Its a fair deal. You dont get everything for free in life, deal with it.

2) Call and complain all you want to sprint retentions, you might get lucky. You might also get a lot of notes put on your account hurting any future chances for real help.

3) Wait it out patiently to either buy one outright or wait for your 2 year upgrade date.

They are just phones, not requirements of life.

Reactions: Richard_Danger

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
From the research I did, anyone that was a premier customer when they bought the EVO last year will still be eligible this year. If you weren't a premier customer when you bought the EVO last year you should have become one since you had to switch to a more expensive plan and you should still be eligible this year. This is after talking to Sprint for almost 100 minutes trying to figure out why I am not a premier customer yet, in my case its because I have a business account and different rules apply.

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
Please, nobody here follow this logic.

I know for a fact that it is wrong and will just leave you upset or angry in store. (If it happened to work for you, I bet that employee got **** for it. I know how their systems work.)

You really have 3 options for those of us who got the EVO on launch.

1) Use your 1-Year 75$ upgrade. As long as you goto a Radioshack or Bestbuy you'll pay Upgrade price + 75$.

Its a fair deal. You dont get everything for free in life, deal with it.

2) Call and complain all you want to sprint retentions, you might get lucky. You might also get a lot of notes put on your account hurting any future chances for real help.

3) Wait it out patiently to either buy one outright or wait for your 2 year upgrade date.

They are just phones, not requirements of life.

Just so I understand the first option correctly. When the EVO3D is launched in June, at say $200 for new or upgrade users. I can get it using my 1 year upgrade for $200 + $75, which would be $275? (That would not be a bad deal at all)

Then in 2012, when they release the EVO-4D/4G-QUAD-CORE-GODZILLA, I can then get that one at the regular upgrade price?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just so I understand the first option correctly. When the EVO3D is launched in June, at say $200 for new or upgrade users. I can get it using my 1 year upgrade for $200 + $75, which would be $275? (That would not be a bad deal at all)

Then in 2012, when they release the EVO-4D/4G-QUAD-CORE-GODZILLA, I can then get that one at the regular upgrade price?

no X_X , because your upgrade would reset, and you would only be eligible for the 1yr upgrade price again.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
but you get a different discount depending on the term. For 1 yr its typically $75, and for 2 yr its typically 150

If you do a 1yr renewal with your 1 yr ($75) upgrade, you won't get as much off the phone. At that point, you'd be better off sucking it up and paying retail and just using your 2yr full upgrade next time around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781