Watching video/pics on 3D TV

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know if I can watch the Evo 3D's video and pics on a 3D TV or 3D laptop screen? I know you'll need the glasses, but are the formats/technology the same? I'm picking up a Dell 3D laptop and would like to see the Evo's 3D output on my laptop screen. What are the chances?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
At CTIA they said and showed that it will work just fine on a 3d TV, they showed a clip from YouTube 3d on a TV. Not sure if it will work on your laptop.

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Manny, the new Dell (and others just out) use the same 3DTV technology on their 3D laptops as 3DTV. With the set of goggles..that is. Seems like they alternate the view to either eye really fast. The Evo screen is probably like the old stereo holograms. A ridge down the middle, lots of ridges, project the image on one side of the ridge, then the alternate on the other.

I'm betting the formats aren't that far apart, if at all. If so, this is great. Grab some 3D video on the good old Evo during the day, catch it later on your 50" 3DTV. You could definitely charge the neighbors to watch, at least for about 6 months, then they'll have it too.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Manny, the new Dell (and others just out) use the same 3DTV technology on their 3D laptops as 3DTV. With the set of goggles..that is. Seems like they alternate the view to either eye really fast. The Evo screen is probably like the old stereo holograms. A ridge down the middle, lots of ridges, project the image on one side of the ridge, then the alternate on the other.

I'm betting the formats aren't that far apart, if at all. If so, this is great. Grab some 3D video on the good old Evo during the day, catch it later on your 50" 3DTV. You could definitely charge the neighbors to watch, at least for about 6 months, then they'll have it too.

I wasn't worried about the 3d format or how the screen displays the 3d, it's just usually, with laptops, they don't have an input so that you can display something on their screen from another device. Usually there are just output ports that allows you to display something on a TV, that's what I meant when I said I am not too sure about the laptop.

Leedavis190

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read of the Evo 3D specs I imagine that it sends 3D in either side-by-side or top-and-bottom format. Most any current 3D television can show these formats and whether you need 3D glasses or not is a function of the display technology not the Evo.

You can also see 3D on your computer - 3D glasses only - if your video card is 3D capable and has the proper drivers installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois