will it have the same issues...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
....as the OG EVO when it launched? You guys that got the OG EVO the first 1-2 months it was out know what I'm talking about. Different hardware revisions (which isn't unheard of but they were completely different screens), bad light leakage, and the weird grounding issue with the screen when it's laid flat. Among others of course.

Yeah, somebody had to start this thread.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Undoubtedly. We would hope that HTC and Sprint learned from past mistakes, but i think the problems they had with the EVO fell withing acceptable margin of error.

If I'm not mistaken the common consensus on different screens and hardware revisions ware the product of component availability on HTC's end. Ideally it should all be tested to work the same across the board regardless of who the manufacturer of the components are. And for the most part with the OG EVO, this was the case.

The grounding issue was adjusted by software updates and the light leakage was a product of bad mass production QC.

All in all, it would be fair to assume that most people will have no problems, but you know what one gets from assuming =P

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the biggest issue to me (out of the big issues) was the difference in display quality between the Nova and Epson panels. Hopefully that won't be the case here.

Of course any manufacturer needs to have more than one source for a lot of major components. It just sucks when the differences are noticable. Of course, I'm not sure there are that many companies that manufacture qHD 3D screens. :p

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
If its HTC made its almost certain to have some issues. Their QC simply sucks. And thats not a knock on HTC because 4 of the last 6 phones ive had have been through them. And thats pretty much WHY I say their QC sucks. They made the same mistakes with the Thunderbolt that they did with the original Evo almost a whole year later. Still light leakage, still some screen tearing, camera still isnt that great...

I mean I love HTC phones but they definitely need to do a better job with that. I've had issues with every HTC phone ive had.. I wont even mention the Touch Pro debacle. Why keep buying em? Well like I said I like HTC phones they just need to do better at QC than they have in the past.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If its HTC made its almost certain to have some issues. Their QC simply sucks. And thats not a knock on HTC because 4 of the last 6 phones ive had have been through them. And thats pretty much WHY I say their QC sucks. They made the same mistakes with the Thunderbolt that they did with the original Evo almost a whole year later. Still light leakage, still some screen tearing, camera still isnt that great...

I mean I love HTC phones but they definitely need to do a better job with that. I've had issues with every HTC phone ive had.. I wont even mention the Touch Pro debacle. Why keep buying em? Well like I said I like HTC phones they just need to do better at QC than they have in the past.

What issues are there with the Thunderbolt's camera? Engadget's review of the Thunderbolt said that the photos taken with the camera were "markedly improved" over the Evo. Also, in their review of the Incredible S, they gave even higher praise to the camera found on that device.

I have high hopes for the camera on the Evo 3d. The camera on that phone will be a major selling and marketing point for Sprint and HTC. There will be lots of meticulous reviews focusing on its ability to capture both 2d and 3d photos, afterall, it is called the Evo 3D. Comparisons will also be made to the 3ds and the optimus 3d / thrill 4g. So, Even though the camera is only 5 mp, i expect it to take beautiful pics.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
What issues are there with the Thunderbolt's camera? Engadget's review of the Thunderbolt said that the photos taken with the camera were "markedly improved" over the Evo. Also, in their review of the Incredible S, they gave even higher praise to the camera found on that device.

I have high hopes for the camera on the Evo 3d. The camera on that phone will be a major selling and marketing point for Sprint and HTC. There will be lots of meticulous reviews focusing on its ability to capture both 2d and 3d photos, afterall, it is called the Evo 3D. Comparisons will also be made to the 3ds and the optimus 3d / thrill 4g. So, Even though the camera is only 5 mp, i expect it to take beautiful pics.

The pics do come out better than the evo, but considering how terrible the evo is at taking pics its really not saying a lot. The photos still seem a bit washed out especially in low light settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair