3D screen or just camera?

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The screen will be 3d and the camera will take 3d photos. Just the photos and videos will be 3d, unless they make special software that accommodates the 3d hardware.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would be surprised if they forced everything into 3D mode. You can only look at that stuff for so long. Having your phone in 3D viewing mode for functional use every day would be a nightmare. If you look at how the 3DS does things, you can have a 3D interface, but shut off the 3D mode and everything looks just fine in 2D. Maybe HTC will take a similar route with Sense.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
I would be surprised if they forced everything into 3D mode. You can only look at that stuff for so long. Having your phone in 3D viewing mode for functional use every day would be a nightmare. If you look at how the 3DS does things, you can have a 3D interface, but shut off the 3D mode and everything looks just fine in 2D. Maybe HTC will take a similar route with Sense.

I hope this can get cleared up because, honestly, I couldn't care less about the 3D features. I hate that I'm paying for it as it'll be the only dual core phone on Sprint for a while likely, and I've got to retire my Pre- soon.

DCLocal

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

Sense isn't in 3D, only 3D content (pictures, video) which is automatically detected and displayed in 3D. Now wether or not you can prevent 3D content from being displayed in 3D is another thing; I haven't read anything about that. has anyone else?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Sense isn't in 3D, only 3D content (pictures, video) which is automatically detected and displayed in 3D. Now wether or not you can prevent 3D content from being displayed in 3D is another thing; I haven't read anything about that. has anyone else?

Pictures/videos are saved as 2D and 3D. But don't forget that there will be 3D games also.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

gearjunkeez

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
There will be functionality to switch between 3d and 2d. You can also change the camera mode with a simple toggle switch. And sense will incorporate 3D elements into it.

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
There will be functionality to switch between 3d and 2d. You can also change the camera mode with a simple toggle switch. And sense will incorporate 3D elements into it.

No, Sense 3.0 has no parallax 3d features. it has a new "3D" look, but the experience will be exactly the same as on the sensation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC