is the Evo 3d worth the upgade from an Evo 4g?
05-17-2011 10:20 AM
- I bought an EVO 4g last year on launch day, and like most of you, I upgrade once a year. This is by far the most happy I have been with a phone. I will be eligible at the end of May for an upgrade, again. Is the Evo 3d worth the upgrade? Other than the processor and the 3d, I don't see anything else that's better. Am I missing something? My 4g is plenty fast enough, and the camera is great, I don't care about 3d.
I know this is a personal decision, and I am usually the first to jump on new tech, but I am not excited.
I'm even tempted to try the Echo for 30 days, and then switch to the 3d if I don't like it. But, again, I believe I will be wasting my upgrade.05-06-2011 10:08 AM
- I've decided to go with the 3D due to the specs. And I have to admit I'm interested in playing with the 3D. Even without 3D I'd get the new phone because of the new processor and the new Sense. However... I can't shake the nagging worry there will be something not as good with the 3D compared to the EVO 4G. I too really love the 4G, is has been far and away the best phone I have ever had.
Newer is not always better so I'll be hanging on to my trusty 4G until I'm sure.05-06-2011 11:57 AM
- It isn't like the EVO will be fossil technology when the 3D comes out. It is still a great phone. If it meets your needs right now, I would strongly suggest waiting until the 3D is out for a while before making an upgrade decision. You can see what other people are saying and go to a store and test drive one. That way, you aren't making a snap decision that will bite you later.05-06-2011 12:31 PM
- Well, I'm on a one-year contract and in selling my Evo 4G, I'll pretty much cover the cost of a 3D. That said, I would still do it even if I were buying off-contract, if for no other reason than the better processor, more RAM, and QHD display. I will, however, miss my kickstand
As much as I love my Evo, it's starting to get unbearably laggy and oftentimes unresponsive. I'm become accustomed to pressing an app icon, pausing for 5 seconds, then going about my business within the app. This pause applies to scrolling through homescreens as well.05-06-2011 12:39 PM
- 05-06-2011 03:11 PM
- I'm still on my first EVO and it's behaving just fine. That lag would drive me nuts. Are you rooted? Have you tried reburning it with an RUU image or anything? There has to be some maintenance you can do to get that back to a functional state. That's like having a Hero or something. lol05-06-2011 03:17 PM
- Not rooted, but running SPB Shell 3D. The lag probably has something to do with that, but I paid $15 for that damn launcher so I'm just living with it... At this point, I figure I only have to wait about a month for the Evo 3D to be out and I'll be eligible for an upgrade so I'll just wait it out.05-07-2011 11:14 AM
- I don't know if it's worth an upgrade or not...It's not out yet. On the 3D subject though; everything you see if you have 2 functioning eyes is in 3D, so I think it will be pretty cool when 3D is in everything. Movies will look like you're watching reality, although its kinda' creepy (strange) watching a movie in 240hz already withOUT 3D effects. Takes a while to get used to it.05-07-2011 02:47 PM
- I think it will be worth it. I'm already getting that Nu phone Fever. Went to the doctor and the Dr. said, only cure is the HTC Evo 3d. So Can't wait! Nothing like getting a Nu phone on Lauch Day. Then watching others get it months later. After it getting old for you.05-08-2011 03:13 AM
- There is no reason why your evo should be laggy.
i recommend you root it, then remove some of the sprint bloatware, then download titanium backup, back up the apps u want.
then load up a optimized rom *they even have stock optimized/cleaned up roms* they are way faster then stock bloated ones..
just a suggestion thats well worth it.
i just parted ways with my evo for the epic4g, im in love with the screen..
looking at the evo, i dont know why i went so long with that dull screen... but the qHD screen looks very promising and i still have my yearly upgrades so im due for one in july 201105-08-2011 04:08 AM
- I was in the same boat when I first heard the phone was revealed. 3D isn't a big deal for me & the phone lost its kickstand so I was going to pass. I use the kickstand daily and I like that the charging port is on the bottom of the phone on the EVO. I'm not too crazy about the design of the 3D but because of the phones specs, I've decided to give the 3D a try & keep my og EVO as a secondary device to root & play around with.05-17-2011 10:20 AM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 3D
is the Evo 3d worth the upgade from an Evo 4g?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD