EVO 3D faster than my computer? :D

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
hey dudes.
I have a 4-5 year old Dell Inspiron laptop with 1.6 Ghz Intel Core II Duo and 1 gig of RAM. Honestly it's still a pleasure to surf the web on.
I want to know if my next phone will finally eclipse my computer as far as browser speed,and multi-tasking goes?!

I know the EVO 3D has a lower clock speed, but it's a way Newer Dual-Core processor.
plus the same 1 gig of RAM. what do u guys think?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. Think of it more like a good netbook class device. But, have to wait until I get the EVO 3D to let you know for sure. ;)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this phone is not in the same class of the laptops, let alone, a desktop. My desktop has a 2.4ghz quad-core and 4 gb of RAM lol and it's like 5 years old

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but its a matter of dedicated desktop level CPU vs embedded level CPU. MHz/GHz do not correspond 1:1 anymore. The ARM architecture is vastly different than the Intel architecture. Intel has been building power hungry CPUs for years and really only got somewhat efficient when they developed the Core architecture. ARM has been creating low power chips for years that are just now really stepping into the powerful computing realms. It's fun to watch, but the EVO 3D is still not close to a full fledged desktop machine.

Reactions: sweetmonster457

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would guess that the browser on the Evo 3D will be significantly faster than the one on your old laptop. Remember, the Evo 3D won't have the bloated OS taking up most of the system resources.

Of course we won't know until it's actually released, but that is my guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci