EVO 3D WiFi?

jheiii

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this up... with the EVO 3D on the Sprint network work with WIFI? Meaning if you have a wireless router at home, will it work with it? Or do you need to use the Sprint network for data.

Also, if you can use WIFI... would that mean that you can talk on the phone and also use the internet if you're connected to WIFI?

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I think I remember someone saying that while reviewing the recently released FCC documents they came across evidence showing that wifi would work at the 5GHz band.

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this up... with the EVO 3D on the Sprint network work with WIFI? Meaning if you have a wireless router at home, will it work with it? Or do you need to use the Sprint network for data.

Also, if you can use WIFI... would that mean that you can talk on the phone and also use the internet if you're connected to WIFI?
For the second half of your question, you can talk on the phone while browsing with WIFI and 4G...ive done it with the OG EVO and the EPIC...

Reactions: jheiii

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
whats the need for 5ghz. I have a dual band router and a dual band laptop. The damn range on 5ghz blows compared to 2.4ghz, it is a proven fact. I purposely use 2.4ghz in my house. I get full bars upstairs on 2.4 while I get 2 with 5ghz, and no its not my router it is the limitation of 5ghz band, it just plain sucks when it comes to range.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
whats the need for 5ghz. I have a dual band router and a dual band laptop. The damn range on 5ghz blows compared to 2.4ghz, it is a proven fact. I purposely use 2.4ghz in my house. I get full bars upstairs on 2.4 while I get 2 with 5ghz, and no its not my router it is the limitation of 5ghz band, it just plain sucks when it comes to range.

but for those that it works for, it frees itself from the extremely crowded 2.4ghz range.