EVO 3D pre-order and discount at StudentRate for those with *.edu e-mail address

EJG

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I found this a couple days ago, and thought I should share with my new friends at Android Central. I took advantage of this offer and pre-ordered my phone through them a couple of days ago. I had pre-ordered my phone at Best Buy a week before I took advantage of this deal. Let me know if anyone has experience dealing with these people.

here is the link: StudentRate - Deal / Sprint HTC EVO 3D and Nexus S Student Discounts

I signed up with studentrate, clicked on where it says "click for code", filled out the required information, received a call within 4 minutes (placed the call on a weekday in the morning), and they confirmed all the info that's on the page. Also, a $199 price and an "early June" release date.

Hopefully it'll save some of you guys money. Good luck! I would appreciate some feedback for your experiences and whether or not this is a good deal. I'll let you know when I receive my phone! :D

Jorenm

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd be curious to know if they charge tax in CA, and if you get the sprint $175 credit for transferring a # from another carrier, and if I can use a friend's student email.

campanth

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I already pre-ordered my EVO 3D from Best Buy, but this thread peaked my interest. I filled out the online form and also received a call within a few minutes. Everything sounded good...23% discount on monthly bill (because I told them I already had a 15% discount through my employer), waived activation fee, $35 rebate, and free shipping. I was almost ready to commit to a pre-order when they lost me. They asked me for my Sprint.com username and password saying that this is the only way that they can place the pre-order. Sorry, but I am not interested in giving someone full access to my Sprint account to save $35.

Reactions: yourfriendmat

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd be curious to know if they charge tax in CA, and if you get the sprint $175 credit for transferring a # from another carrier, and if I can use a friend's student email.

The $175 is for business accounts the credit is $125 for individuals/families.

AFAIK Sprint are the only stores that do it, for example, Best Buy has nothing in their system saying anything about the credit, and actually had to go to the sprint website to confirm what I had told them.

FlynnyK

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I used Studentrate to pre-order the Nexus S. Worked good for me. Got my phone a couple days after it was released plus the discount off my bill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo