Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Default Overclocking

What speeds do you guys think were going to see from our dev community on an over clock? I would be disappointed to see less than 1.5 GHz

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

I would highly doubt seeing that type of overclocking and having the phone run stable, that is an increase of 25%

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

eh, 1.5 might not might not be not out of reach, take a look at what people are doing with the 1.2 single core hummingbird processors...

i guess we'll see

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Seeing as the development platform for this SoC is clocked at 1.5 I should think that should be practically guaranteed. I know my moto droid runs over 100% OC stable with no voltage bump.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I would highly doubt seeing that type of overclocking and having the phone run stable, that is an increase of 25%
    Well seeing as a guy overclocked his GSII to 1.5GHz it really isn't out of question

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    LOL, really? The soc is underclocked to 1.2ghz, 1.5 is the true stock speed. I bet we hit 2ghz w/o any problems

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sprinttouch View Post
    LOL, really? The soc is underclocked to 1.2ghz, 1.5 is the true stock speed. I bet we hit 2ghz w/o any problems
    I have not looked the the chip specs to closely, but if it is underclocked then ya you are going to beable to to jack thing over the 1.5 range. But a 25% boost can and should cause power drain as well has excess heat. you have to remember they crammed a whole hell of a lot into a small space.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would expect an OC of at least 1.7. Since like other people are saying, its rated for 1.5.

The webos community has gotten the Palm Pre up to 1 ghz, rock solid, that's coming from stock 500 mhz, and the chip being rated at 600 mhz. In fact, many Pre's are able to run at 1.2 ghz, though some of them are pretty unstable at that point. It's luck of the draw if your hardware can take that kind of overclock. I run mine at 1 ghz every day no problems with decent battery life and no unreasonable heat. So never say never, I bet we see some the Evo 3D get pushed pretty hard.