Release Date

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't see the pic...comes up blank for me...but the responding in the forum say it's June 4th!

Were you able to see it? What else does that say?

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Yea is weird. Although their complete silence is really bizarre. I mean its hasn't been announced but its out in a couple weeks? WTF?

Well... its been announced, but the release date has not been... didnt the same thing happen to the nexus 4g?....

Also, consider this... The evo 4G is 199. If the Evo 3d is 199 when it is released, all of the people up to the 3D release date have paid $200 for a year old phone. The average consumer doesn't look at phones every day. The average consumer sees the most expensive phone and assumes it is the best, and will be the best for awhile. I would imagine that there is a price cut on the 4G the day that the 3D comes out and not a day sooner so that sprint can make that extra $$ in the meantime and then take a small (if any) loss on the 4g when they clear it out for the 3D. Furthermore if one of those average consumers sees the 3D in the store after they buy their 4G, they will see it as the same $200 "HTC EVO-Phone" that they own....

Just my two pennies :cool:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well... its been announced, but the release date has not been... didnt the same thing happen to the nexus 4g?....

Also, consider this... The evo 4G is 199. If the Evo 3d is 199 when it is released, all of the people up to the 3D release date have paid $200 for a year old phone. The average consumer doesn't look at phones every day. The average consumer sees the most expensive phone and assumes it is the best, and will be the best for awhile. I would imagine that there is a price cut on the 4G the day that the 3D comes out and not a day sooner so that sprint can make that extra $$ in the meantime and then take a small (if any) loss on the 4g when they clear it out for the 3D. Furthermore if one of those average consumers sees the 3D in the store after they buy their 4G, they will see it as the same $200 "HTC EVO-Phone" that they own....

Just my two pennies :cool:

That does make sense. Last year there were no decent hero phones on Sprint, besides the Palm Pre and noone liked it, most people, except the die hards from Pre Central hated it. I used to love the Pre until I had to use it on a daily basis. Either way, Sprint had incentive to tell the world as soon as possible when the Evo 4G is coming out since noone gave a rats butt about the Pre anyways. There also was no Nexus 4G....there was the Pre, and the Hero...and the Instinct HD....yawn! This year is a bit more complicated and I guess Sprint is trying to reduce the stock of Evos as much as possible and give the Nexus S a fighting chance for all the vanilla Android fans out there.

Nrbelex

May 20, 2011
nrbelex.com
I'll post here the same thing I posted on the XDA forums...

I'm as excited as anyone, but does nobody else read "rough" as meaning "this is our best guess"?

This is RadioShack after all, and as it says on the very same screen, they have absolutely no pricing info. I simply see this as a RadioShack manager optimistically entering the date in since it's the anniversary of the Evo 4G and the release is clearly relatively soon.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I have heard June 8th from two different Sprint people now, one who owns a non corporate store. So the 4th must be the "rough" launch and the 8th is the official launch?

tes5884

Sep 16, 2010
www.shoeboyz.com
Or maybe the manager reads AndroidCentral and gave his employees a heads-up from what he saw in the forums, since most people are guessing between the 3 and 8 of june.

Just my 2 cents.

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Either way I am hoping this thing is soon.....got me to go do my preorder today!

Radio Shack should be great.

If this thing is $200 after instant rebates from upgrade...

I hope to get somewhere between 100-150 to trade in the EVO....phone will barely cost anything. Awesome deal!

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
:

Although I can't confirm it personally (and BB strangley does not have 4G or Shift on their website), it has been reported on other forums that EVO4G has been going for 149 at BB. One theory I had heard FWIW, was the price point for 3VO would be 199, EVO4G 149 and the Shift would drop to 100. Again heresay, but not out of the realms of possiblity! :D My 11/4 cents worth.

Edit: I just tried to "buy" one on Walmart's website. For my zip in Cen TX, I can get the EVO4G for a cool 100! :D

Last edited:

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well 6/4 is the last day they're not doing mail-in rebates so I bet they'll do an instant savings thing.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Well 6/4 is the last day they're not doing mail-in rebates so I bet they'll do an instant savings thing.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

The guy at my Sprint store actually said the opposite. He was assuming it would come out around the 8th as well because he didn't think Sprint would want to give out instant rebates for the phone. It's a compelling argument either way.

Also, the ending/beginning of each instant rebate period has seemed to correspond to major phone releases.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey