My EVO 3D review

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
^^^^^^^ Agreed!

I'm not interested in a case unless it's razor thin and feather light...which I don't think a kickstand case would be. However, if someone comes up with a replacement battery door with a kickstand that doesn't add too much bulk, I'm totally in.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I love, love, love my EVO 4G which means I will have to give it up to something worthy if I give it up at all. I have an upgrade that I've been sitting on for a very long time, waiting for such a device. As of right now I am very impressed, and if I can get a replacement battery door with a kickstand (use mine a lot as do many others here) then I am leaning toward this phone. The 3D part, eh, don't care so much but ok to have, but the full HDMI mirroring and faster speed have my mouth watering...

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
The phone is so great and you cant wait to own it because it....opens apps quickly? hmmm. My Evo and now my Nexus S 4G open them fast as well. You really didnt say anything that made me feel I need to run out and buy this phone.

Reactions: kingcoop

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone is so great and you cant wait to own it because it....opens apps quickly? hmmm. My Evo and now my Nexus S 4G open them fast as well. You really didnt say anything that made me feel I need to run out and buy this phone.

The speed improvement is obviously subjective per user in a lot of cases. Wait until launch and then try one out for yourself. Only you can decide if the speed improvements are enough to satisfy you.
Personally, after having used it, I'm getting one. The new Sense doesn't seem to lag at all on this and it looks great.

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes, imho speed does matter, as does the full HDMI. I have debated on getting the Nexus S but the EVO 3D just seems like a better phone for me and what I would like to use it for, if I decide to use my upgrade.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, imho speed does matter, as does the full HDMI. I have debated on getting the Nexus S but the EVO 3D just seems like a better phone for me and what I would like to use it for, if I decide to use my upgrade.

I see. What can you do with the Evo 3D you cant with the Nexus S? Serious question because I was on the fence about the two. Only difference really is 3D obviously but its still brand new and not much out for it. There are 2 things the Nexus can do the 3D cant. Get official updates as soon as they are released and free hotspot/tethering. Dual core will be the next big thing soon, but its not a NEED right now. I have never been on my phone (Evo or Nexus S) and thought, wow I wish that opened faster. What in your mind gives the 3D a decided advantage? I dont care for Sense, I replaced it with Launcher Pro on my Evo

wirelessness#AC

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
So what exactly happened when you tried to play the Spider Man game over HDMI to the external display? I see it didn't launch/work for some reason but it was not clear to me why.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I see. What can you do with the Evo 3D you cant with the Nexus S? Serious question because I was on the fence about the two. Only difference really is 3D obviously but its still brand new and not much out for it. There are 2 things the Nexus can do the 3D cant. Get official updates as soon as they are released and free hotspot/tethering. Dual core will be the next big thing soon, but its not a NEED right now. I have never been on my phone (Evo or Nexus S) and thought, wow I wish that opened faster. What in your mind gives the 3D a decided advantage? I dont care for Sense, I replaced it with Launcher Pro on my Evo

Well for people who love Sense I think the new Qualcomm processor is more important than people are giving it credit, there's a LOT going on in Sense 3.0 from a graphical standpoint and that dual core/enhanced graphics silicon is what makes it silky smooth. If you're a straight AOSP person than HTC phones probably don't appeal to you much anyway, but honestly I can't see the sense (sorry) in buying any single core phone at this point, why would you want to be stuck for the next year with a phone behind the curve of what developers are working with?

Thanks again Slag02 for posting your comments, I feel better about my Best Buy pre-order every day :)

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Well for people who love Sense I think the new Qualcomm processor is more important than people are giving it credit, there's a LOT going on in Sense 3.0 from a graphical standpoint and that dual core/enhanced graphics silicon is what makes it silky smooth. If you're a straight AOSP person than HTC phones probably don't appeal to you much anyway, but honestly I can't see the sense (sorry) in buying any single core phone at this point, why would you want to be stuck for the next year with a phone behind the curve of what developers are working with?

Thanks again Slag02 for posting your comments, I feel better about my Best Buy pre-order every day :)

Currently a dual-core phone is not being fully utilized, nor is Android optimized for it. Won't be until Ice Cream hits. That was one of the things talked about at Google IO. So no problem getting a single-core phone, and the reason is you will not see any real world difference right now. Ice Cream probably will hit in Dec with the Nexus 3 first, then say a couple months after that the EVO 3D should have it. So if any users are wanting to pull the trigger on the Nexus S their is nothing wrong with that decision. Both phones in real world performance will both be smooth and fast. Devs are not working on dual-core yet, only because Android GB does not utilize dual-core technology, and IC SDK is not out there yet. So as it currently stands dual-core is the gimmick and will be until IC drops. The only thing beneficial of it is showing off benchmarks.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 3D can tether also. And it will also have updates as soon as they are released (maybe not from Sprint- although the Evo has been pretty good about getting updates from Sprint).

How can you seriously ask what it does than the Nexus doesn't, and then say not including the 3D and the faster processor? lol Those are 2 pretty major things to just skip over them.

You may not care about device speed right now. But someday when you have a bunch of stuff running in the background a dual core will come in handy. And you might not care about 3D right now. But someday when you buy your next tv and it has 3D, you will probably wish those pictures and videos you took were in 3D.

Me? I make no bones about it- I own a 3D tv already and absolutely want the 3D cameras on this phone, and I absolutely want the better processor and graphics too. I also want the MicroSD card slot, bigger battery, double the RAM, way better resolution screen, bigger screen, full HDMI out, better bluetooth, and better front camera.

Seriously, these phones aren't even close. To try to act like they are is not being intellectually honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34