Radioshack Price Confirmed?

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like $199 on contract, $499 without (seems reasonable considering...). Still no date, but also talks about the $100 for an original evo.

Radio Shack confirms HTC EVO 3D price: $199.99 with contract, $499.99 without

6a00d83451c9ec69e201543277dccb970c-800wi

Reactions: yourfriendmat

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone as suspicious as me that this is a fake? There is one thing that definitely makes me hopeful, though. Try going to radioshack.com/somethingrandom then trying going to radioshack.com/evo3d. Notice that is goes to different pages? Anything random you type in will redirect you to the home page, but the evo3d takes you to some weird search page. This leads me to believe that the evo3d page must be reserved but not released yet.

Still, it wouldn't be too unrealistic for a dedicated photoshopper to have found that out and then make this ad to tease us all :p I guess time will tell.

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone as suspicious as me that this is a fake? There is one thing that definitely makes me hopeful, though. Try going to radioshack.com/somethingrandom then trying going to radioshack.com/evo3d. Notice that is goes to different pages? Anything random you type in will redirect you to the home page, but the evo3d takes you to some weird search page. This leads me to believe that the evo3d page must be reserved but not released yet.

Still, it wouldn't be too unrealistic for a dedicated photoshopper to have found that out and then make this ad to tease us all :p I guess time will tell.

Yes, I am too, I almost wish it was a whole page of an ad instead of just the one device since It would be more believeable and more time consuming of a PS.

Also that seems like a pretty small representation of a phone that is expected to be a big seller and "make or break radioshack's quarter"

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm betting it's real. Only a real Radio Shack ad could be that busy and ugly. :)
If it is a PS'd pic, they thought of a lot of minute details that most fakers don't. Like the * and other symbols for the trade in, $199, and FREE qualifiers. As pointed out earlier too, the landing page is different than Radio Shack's standard "not found" behavior. Most likely reserved and inactive.
This should show up in an ad within a couple weeks if it is real. Maybe as soon as Sunday the 29th.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm betting it's real. Only a real Radio Shack ad could be that busy and ugly. :)
If it is a PS'd pic, they thought of a lot of minute details that most fakers don't. Like the * and other symbols for the trade in, $199, and FREE qualifiers. As pointed out earlier too, the landing page is different than Radio Shack's standard "not found" behavior. Most likely reserved and inactive.
This should show up in an ad within a couple weeks if it is real. Maybe as soon as Sunday the 29th.

yea it seems like it cold possibly be a poster

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

It is rather awful looking :p I still have to wonder why they cut the ad off there. They leave out the part where the meaning of the symbols are indicated. I'm not great at PS, but I'm not terrible either. I'm also not stupid, and if I were to make this fake ad, I would look at a few of the most recent ads and basically just change something like "Evo 4G" to "Evo 3D." Then you change the picture of the phone, the color of the background, and the free song and you could have this wonderful picture. So by taking something that RS already designed and changing as little as possible, you will get a pretty realistic looking fake. You have to think that someone taking the time to PS this would know their audience was a bunch of tech forum geeks, so they'd probably try to make it good. Plus, RS is definitely going to carry the Evo3D, so the fact that they have the site reserved may not mean a lot.

That being said, I'm just playing devil's advocate, and I am honestly leaning toward it being real.

A different version of the OP:

htc-evo-3d-pre-order.jpg

Pretty much identical except colors and price info. I think this was the ad for the "preorders."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12