Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm in the same boat. I recommend installing Pre-ware and a custom kernal to get it overclocked. (Surprisingly easy following info over at Pre Central.) I did it last weekend, and it will make dealing with my Pre much easier while I wait for my sweet, sweet (pre-ordered) Evo 3D.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7

yea, me too....so feenin....

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI 2.5.18(ICS) w/Tiamat

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHOTRON View Post
    LOL I am taking my phone to the shooting range to destroy it with my Vaquero.
    HAHAHA!!!! Well I have the current EVO 4G and I was told that I could trade it in for $100 towards the EVO 3D. Think I will pass on that deal and just keep my original EVO (It's still such a cool phone.)
    Mike Rich--
    [B]Devices: Galaxy Note 2/Sprint/ Powered by SenergyROM vR3/Android 4.3 Nexus 7 32GB powered by Android 4.3

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI 2.5.18(ICS) w/Tiamat

Quote Originally Posted by Rushrl View Post
    I've actually played with a Thunderbolt for the first time today, and it was awesome a step up from my Evo. So I'm just imagine how super awesome the Htc Evo 3d is going to be. I can't wait too.
    How do you figure it was a step up???? They have the same specs!!!
    Mike Rich--
    [B]Devices: Galaxy Note 2/Sprint/ Powered by SenergyROM vR3/Android 4.3 Nexus 7 32GB powered by Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Melaza View Post
    if you go to precentral now they have a big Evo 3D ad!
    aren't the ads targeted? given i've been looking at nexus 4g/evo 3d stuff a lot, i see a bunch of nexus s 4g ads anywhere...

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Its funny that i am on the same boat like most of the people here upgrading from my almost 2 year old Palm Pre, I still love the OS but can keep waiting for ever for solid hardware. I am such huge EVOholic that I Google it 10 times a day to look if there is any new info. What are thoughts on the GS 2. my single biggest problem is i dont want to wait any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ksumanth View Post
    .... What are thoughts on the GS 2. my single biggest problem is i dont want to wait any longer.
    I've had too many friends have some sort of problems with their Sammy's that its keeping me away. If not for that, I'd probably have a NS4G right now and wonder if I did right instead of waiting for the 3VO!

Another Pre owner here. I hate that thing. Check g&e, AC, and engadget mobile just about constantly. It's obsessive. Cannot wait to get this baby. HP and Palm can blow me, they have no idea how to successfully run a smartphone company. I could do it better than them.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Original Pre owner here too. Looking forward to upgrading to the Evo 3D. Already got my preorder set through Sprint. Now give us a release date, Sprint!

Global Posts
    4,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am watching videos of the HTC Sensation like an addict, but I must say, as long as you ignore the 1800 to 2300 Quadrant scores, they are all very positive. I just wish one of those reviewers would use another benchmark, not that stupid Quadrant stuff.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Original launch date pre owner here as well. Just like many of you, I am addicted to looking up info about the Evo 3D. I check all day hoping for a release date. I love webos, but i'm excited to finally get some solid hardware and have apps available. pre-ordered it already :P

This thread is absolutely hilarious/mind blowing that so many people are in the same boat as me. Like most of the posters I bought my Pre on launch day and after 2 faithful years am now counting the days until the 3D launches. It was a great device for a while and overclocking it to 1ghz helped me to squeeze another year of life out of it. By "it" I mean my palm profile since I'm on my 5th physical Pre. Man those things fell apart like mad!

Looking forward to taking the Android plunge. They better unlock the bootloader though or I may be holding out for a Galaxy 2 ("Within"?).

ok pre owners, dont jinx us .... hopefully the EVO 3D hardware is better/more durable than the pre.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman68 View Post
    ok pre owners, dont jinx us .... hopefully the EVO 3D hardware is better/more durable than the pre.
    It has to be more durable lol my wife is already on her 10th Pre, I've been lucky I'm on my second one. We all been waiting for a bad *** phone and HPalm never delivered so 3DEvoholics here we come lol

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman68 View Post
    The thing was just poorly designed from a structual point of view IMO. From "oreo-ing" to the wrap-around glass, it just wasn't designed for durability. And where it could multitask, it doens't have quite the umph, unrooted, that is, to do much more than basic tasks simultaneously. I've heard mostly good things about HTC's quality, so I'm thinking this is a step up software, performance and quality wise.

We Pre owners just want the 3VO to get released so we don't ave to limp with our Pre's!

Quote Originally Posted by toad6386 View Post
    The thing was just poorly designed from a structual point of view IMO. From "oreo-ing" to the wrap-around glass, it just wasn't designed for durability. And where it could multitask, it doens't have quite the umph, unrooted, that is, to do much more than basic tasks simultaneously. I've heard mostly good things about HTC's quality, so I'm thinking this is a step up software, performance and quality wise.

We Pre owners just want the 3VO to get released so we don't ave to limp with our Pre's!
    I think you mean wrap-around soft plastic

Mine doesn't even stay open all the way anymore, if I slide it all they way up the screen comes back down to the top of the keyboard making it hard to hit the top row of keys.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I'm on my second Pre. I've lost the charging port cover thing, it has a slight Oreo effect, a couple of cracks, and the backlight on the keyboard no longer works. I thought about taking it in and getting another replacement last month, but I'm just going to hold off until I can pick up the Evo 3D.

I'm on my second pre. This one melted from getting too warm in the sun. It wasn't even directly in the sun. It was in a bag, under some shade. But the plastic melted! What kind of p.o.s. phone melts from some heat from the sun? The volume in the headset sucks. It's gotten slower with age. It's begging to be retired. Stupid Sprint won't announce a stupid release date. Bugger.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I was lucky with my pre too, was on my second in two years. But HP gives me no hope, i use pride in the fact that webos can do anything in a single step, but I am confident now that i cna do that same step in less time on the EVO 3d coz of its sheer power. And the apps advantage in unbelievable.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

guys, so when is the release date? june 4th? 9th?

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
    guys, so when is the release date? june 4th? 9th?
    No one knows yet...

Quote Originally Posted by toad6386 View Post

lol. i can't say that i've used a pre but i think you will be quite pleased with the 3vo.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

I Google EVO 3D at least 5 times a day.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I have been a faithful Palm user for years. I remember waking myself up early on June 6, 2009 to stand in line (well, i was the only one there) to get my Pre. Then I got home. And it was bad. So I went back and the replaced it. Then about 6 months later... it went bad. Now I carry THREE batteries with me when my phone is off most of the day (doesn't work in class), and will run through all of them. I'll be on a call, and my Pre will just turn off for no reason. My Bluetooth won't stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time. I had truly hoped the 3D would come out June 4 or 5, but if we haven't heard anything by now... All I know is that when I DO get my 3D, I'm going to go Office Space on my Pre!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Original Pre owner here too on my second unit(first screen locked withing an hour of owning it). I am so glad to see I am not the only one jumping ship lol. And I agree with the battery issues...even if the EVO 3D has bad battery life I would still think it was good becasue anything has to be better than 4 hours lol.

Great thread and yes I too am one who so anxiously awaits the arrival of this phone. I come back onto this site and others every hour or so to see if the official announcement has been made.

We shall soon be free my fellow Pre owners!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast