Whys and What fors

Why are you getting (would be getting) EVO 3D?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, So WHY are you getting (or would be getting) the 3VO, EV3D, EVO3D, etc? Unhappy with your current phone? Feeling blue with AT&T? Seeing red at big red? Mad at Magenta? Or is it just so awesome you HAVE to have it? :cool:

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Getting rid of the Palm Pre

Because I own a hero....nuff said

You poor, poor thing. :D

My buddy has one of those too and it's so slow it's killing him. I'm nearly as bad on my cracked, oreo'd to death, battery dying, Palm Pre.

I sure hope an official release date comes soon. It seems like I'm checking every hour for an announcement!

SipperPhoto

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Gotta chuck my Palm Pre. I still love WebOS, and think it's a great OS, but the lack of development in the apps and lack of anything good coming from H/Palm is making me ditch it.

Plus, the phone itself is total junk. Parts falling off, cracks in the screen. My wife has the Pixi and it's nearly as bad!

Reactions: BiGsMiLeSKyLe

mauddib

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
First decent phone in a year. Have the Hero, and while pretty good, it is very much time for an upgrade. Got love that dual-core goodness and can't stand Samsung.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably get it. :) My Hero is nice, but it's time for an upgrade. If I decide I don't much care for it, depending on release dates, I might swap it for the Photon. Hopefully, Moto won't lock it up, too. :)

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Ginger-on-Hero action here!

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I to have a Hero and was deeply frustrated at how slow it was and battery life but when I rooted it and put CM7 on it it runs amazing. He should give it a try. I now have Android 2.3 and my Battery last for 1.5 days on full charge with moderate use.

Symphony_of_Sickness

May 26, 2011
Visit site
even with the locked bootloader i might just be getting the Evo 3D. Don't laugh at me but i have the absolute original Samsung Instinct and i hate the thing so much i wish i can take a sledgehammer to it then toss the pieces off a bridge. the Evo will be completely different than what i have and will take some getting used to but it's time to upgrade. the GSII is tempting but not sure when it's coming. was going to buy the nexus s 4g but i want something new technology wise.

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
even with the locked bootloader i might just be getting the Evo 3D. Don't laugh at me but i have the absolute original Samsung Instinct and i hate the thing so much i wish i can take a sledgehammer to it then toss the pieces off a bridge. the Evo will be completely different than what i have and will take some getting used to but it's time to upgrade. the GSII is tempting but not sure when it's coming. was going to buy the nexus s 4g but i want something new technology wise.

SoS - Don't think you'l hear any giggling from any of us that are waiting to flame our Pre's. But you put my bellyaching about my Pre in perspective, so thanks, and I guess I won't complain about it for a bit.... Ah that felt better. I can't wait to see if I can get my Pre to turn into a miniature mushroom cloud...:cool:

Last edited:

EJG

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Because after spending 5+ years in a third world country living off of second hand (not complaining) [jailbroken] iPhones (3G then 3GS, which I won't complain about, either), I feel entitled to have the greatest, newest toy. I experienced 3G for the first time earlier this year, now I want to see what 4G, android, and sprint are all about. I've done enough research to not be disappointed, even with the locked bootloader. I've been mooching off of an unused cell phone laying around the house for months now waiting patiently for this thing!

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Had a Palm Pre thru this time last year (and liked it...still the best UI of any OS available), but the slow pace of updates, no Flash, and lackluster app selection made me want to try Android, so I picked up an Evo at near full-price. The wife dumped her LG Lotus and took the Pre. It is now absolutely dying, phone shuts off unexpectedly, alarms disappear, etc. She is now Jonesing for my Evo after spending a weekend with it recently. The Pre won't last, so time to upgrade her phone.

Still, the locked bootloader thing has me VERY concerned. Figure I'll pick it up at launch and give HTC the 30 days to change their policy. If they don't, I'll return it on day 29, activate my old HTC Touch, hack it to run Android, then wait for the Galaxy S 2. I'll miss the 3D though. :'(

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Because like my username suggests, I'm OVER iOS. And apples. And T&T's!

I need a change.
And a release date please.

I completely agree with you! As soon as the EVO 3D is released, I'm getting rid of this iPhone and going back to Sprint. They have the best reception in my area anyway, the best plans, and I recently discovered that I get a 20% discount through my job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome