Email from Peter Chou of HTC about Lock Bootloaders last night

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
Dear Richard,

Thank you for your support to htc. We hear your concern. And we take it seriously and now we will unlock it.

Our original intent was to reduce the potential quality problem when user upgrade their phone.

Any way we will unlock it. Customer satisfaction is very important for us and we want you have a good experience when you deal with htc.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards.

Peter

I am pretty impressed he actually emailed me back.

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Dear Richard,

Thank you for your support to htc. We hear your concern. And we take it seriously and now we will unlock it.

Our original intent was to reduce the potential quality problem when user upgrade their phone.

Any way we will unlock it. Customer satisfaction is very important for us and we want you have a good experience when you deal with htc.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards.

Peter

I am pretty impressed he actually emailed me back.

That seems poorly written and unprofessional, I wonder if he actually wrote that himself... hopefully it wasn't a mass email!

I am glad they're listening though...

terr#WN

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Well when you get a million email on the same thing you can not respond to each and every one of them. I got the same email. I will say this I called the company the other day and left a voice mail. Figured I would never hear back. Yesterday early afternoon my phone rings and its HTC calling me back. He took the time to actually talk about it with me. Gave me some insight from their point of view and really wanted to know from my point of view. This was about a 30 minute phone call. I was really impressed by the whole thing. I am glad they have done what we feel is the right thing. Now the bigger issue is to not abuse them over it.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well when you get a million email on the same thing you can not respond to each and every one of them. I got the same email. I will say this I called the company the other day and left a voice mail. Figured I would never hear back. Yesterday early afternoon my phone rings and its HTC calling me back. He took the time to actually talk about it with me. Gave me some insight from their point of view and really wanted to know from my point of view. This was about a 30 minute phone call. I was really impressed by the whole thing. I am glad they have done what we feel is the right thing. Now the bigger issue is to not abuse them over it.

Who from HTC Called?

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com

Thats impressive!