Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email from Peter Chou of HTC about Lock Bootloaders last night

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your support to htc. We hear your concern. And we take it seriously and now we will unlock it.

Our original intent was to reduce the potential quality problem when user upgrade their phone.

Any way we will unlock it. Customer satisfaction is very important for us and we want you have a good experience when you deal with htc.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards.

Peter

I am pretty impressed he actually emailed me back.
    Virgin Mobile Arc -> HTC EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Danger View Post
    Dear Richard,

Thank you for your support to htc. We hear your concern. And we take it seriously and now we will unlock it.

Our original intent was to reduce the potential quality problem when user upgrade their phone.

Any way we will unlock it. Customer satisfaction is very important for us and we want you have a good experience when you deal with htc.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards.

Peter

I am pretty impressed he actually emailed me back.
    That seems poorly written and unprofessional, I wonder if he actually wrote that himself... hopefully it wasn't a mass email!

I am glad they're listening though...

I also received this same exact email. I'm pretty sure everyone that emailed him did.

Quote Originally Posted by Djblue View Post
    I also received this same exact email. I'm pretty sure everyone that emailed him did.
    As did I, word for word. Aww, and I thought I was special.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Well when you get a million email on the same thing you can not respond to each and every one of them. I got the same email. I will say this I called the company the other day and left a voice mail. Figured I would never hear back. Yesterday early afternoon my phone rings and its HTC calling me back. He took the time to actually talk about it with me. Gave me some insight from their point of view and really wanted to know from my point of view. This was about a 30 minute phone call. I was really impressed by the whole thing. I am glad they have done what we feel is the right thing. Now the bigger issue is to not abuse them over it.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by terr74 View Post
    Well when you get a million email on the same thing you can not respond to each and every one of them. I got the same email. I will say this I called the company the other day and left a voice mail. Figured I would never hear back. Yesterday early afternoon my phone rings and its HTC calling me back. He took the time to actually talk about it with me. Gave me some insight from their point of view and really wanted to know from my point of view. This was about a 30 minute phone call. I was really impressed by the whole thing. I am glad they have done what we feel is the right thing. Now the bigger issue is to not abuse them over it.
    Who from HTC Called?

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by terr74 View Post
    Thats impressive!
    Virgin Mobile Arc -> HTC EVO 4G

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    Who from HTC Called?
    His name was Jim Black. That is who I was forwarded to when I called HTC in the first place.

ROM
    Stock for now.

Now that is impressive. The HTC reps we see are always very nice and rather informative individuals.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

So if im reading correctly, they are confirming they will unlock the evo 3d?