Platform switchers, how are you preparing to move to 3D/Android

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
add me to the growing list of palm pre users jumping to the evo 3d.. Can't wait to get this phone I'm soooo tired of the pre no way I would be happy with the pre3 webos still has some growin up to do

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I REALLY like the calendar on the Pre and have been surfing the market to see how I can replace it. If anyone knows of one comparable, PM me, please. It doesn't necessarily have to be free, but if I pay for it, it needs to be as good! :)

But, I wonder how many times I'll ry to flick something off the screen to close it, before I finally get that the 3VO doesn't do that! :D

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry user here, and ready to join the Android masses, so Evo 3D will be my first there. Kind of kicking myself for missing the Evo boat last year. Used to like my Blackberry but tired of the white screen of death and limited app access. Not even BB OS6 is making up for it. Been tracking for updates and checking out what to look forward to. (Plus I think the Sprint reps are getting tired of me playing with the Android devices in the store to get familiar with the UI. :D )

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
For all platform switchers, check out appbrain.com. It's freakin awesome. I've been researching comparable and new apps for days and adding them to my list so when I get the 3D It will all sync up, BOOM! Cannot wait!!!

Reactions: preViously

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the most used apps on my pre or my email and feedreader apps. They are both free, and most of my other main apps are free. I use Preware and Govnah on a daily basis so i guess ill have no use for that anymore, and all the other apps i have that are important are multi platform. I bought a couple of games from the marketplace but i was failed in thinking that the pre would be a good gaming phone. I am more excited for the apps i never had but i wish i did. I have synced my contacts with both gmail and yahoo, so if one fails i have a backup. Right now all i am doing is playing with my moms epic and downloading a bunch of things. Wow does touchwiz sucks, i am hoping sense is better, i've played with sense a lil from my time of having the TP, and it had some cool features.

Though my only regret about ditching the Pre is the Touchstone Charger. Main that was an amazing added benefit of the Pre, i loved just having the ability to place my phone on the charger and just let it charge no plugging in cables. I know they're alternatives like powermat or energizer, but i would prefer a HTC branded product. They did it for the thunderbolt, i hope to see it for the 3D.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
App Brain is great to have I went there last year before I actually got my EVO and saved apps people had told me about. Also Amazon app store is nice you get one free paid app every day. Your going to love this phone. I had a TP2 1st smart phone ever. Loved it at 1st then towards the end hated Win Mob and always had to hard reset my phone. Loved the keyboard and tilt screen so much though it was awesome. I was so worried getting the EVO and not having a keyboard but Swype and Shapewriter to the rescue. Now I use Flex T 9 which was a free Amazon app one day and it has Dragon Dictation and is great. The 3D is going to have it's own HTC swype keyboard I heard. It's going to be an awesome phone.

For all platform switchers, check out appbrain.com. It's freakin awesome. I've been researching comparable and new apps for days and adding them to my list so when I get the 3D It will all sync up, BOOM! Cannot wait!!!

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Oh my THUMBS up to you BROTHER!!!

I am coming from the original Pre and since you mentioned this site I have been adding apps. Now when I get the 3D all I have to do is sync the two together...so awesome.

THANK YOU SO MUCH and again THUMBS up to you!!! :D

Reactions: preViously

rockstarbunny

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a blackberry 8330. Most of the people in my office have android phones so I've been curious and I've had an upgrade sitting on my account for the past year so I decided the EVO 3D would be a good phone to switch platforms on. I've pretty much been reading everything I can find on android and the EVO 3d. I sat down the other day with my phone and appbrain and went looking for apps that are similar to what I use now and a few that I want to try. :)

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
I REALLY like the calendar on the Pre and have been surfing the market to see how I can replace it. If anyone knows of one comparable, PM me, please. It doesn't necessarily have to be free, but if I pay for it, it needs to be as good! :)

But, I wonder how many times I'll ry to flick something off the screen to close it, before I finally get that the 3VO doesn't do that! :D

share the love, post the app here, heh.. I love the way the calendar displayed and the collapsing of empty hours.

joejoe1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
App Brain is great to have I went there last year before I actually got my EVO and saved apps people had told me about. Also Amazon app store is nice you get one free paid app every day. Your going to love this phone. I had a TP2 1st smart phone ever. Loved it at 1st then towards the end hated Win Mob and always had to hard reset my phone. Loved the keyboard and tilt screen so much though it was awesome. I was so worried getting the EVO and not having a keyboard but Swype and Shapewriter to the rescue. Now I use Flex T 9 which was a free Amazon app one day and it has Dragon Dictation and is great. The 3D is going to have it's own HTC swype keyboard I heard. It's going to be an awesome phone.

How do you download from the app store? I tried downloading amazon apps but it says i need an android device.

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
How do you download from the app store? I tried downloading amazon apps but it says i need an android device.

You have to have used an Android device with their store app previously to purchase from their website, as far as I know. If you happen to be coming from any older smartphone that an Android build was released for, you can try doing it through that.

joejoe1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
You have to have used an Android device with their store app previously to purchase from their website, as far as I know. If you happen to be coming from any older smartphone that an Android build was released for, you can try doing it through that.

I'm coming from palm pre -. Still new and learning how android works.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I like figuring things out on my own....it's a huge part of getting a new phone/platform. I watch a few videos but the for the meat of everything, I just play around with it (pause)

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh my THUMBS up to you BROTHER!!!

I am coming from the original Pre and since you mentioned this site I have been adding apps. Now when I get the 3D all I have to do is sync the two together...so awesome.

THANK YOU SO MUCH and again THUMBS up to you!!! :D

No problem man, I'm a planner so appbrain is great

anon(45821)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Day one Pre- owner, will be switching to the EVO 3D on the 24th. As far as preparing, been watching some of the demo videos, reading up on rooting and installing custom roms on Android, looking through the market to see what apps I'll need right away to replace what I use on my Pre-, and of course reading these forums and the xda developers forums.