Training starts june 18, signage on 24, release 27th or July 1

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Pre order it, and if you decide it's too much then don't get it. A pre order isn't a contract saying that you have to buy it. Worse case is you'll be stuck with a $50 gift card, so get it from someplace that you may actually use the gift card.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Ginger-on-Hero action here!

Thank I think I'll do that. Never pre-ordered a phone before and wasn't sure if you were locked into buying it once you plopped down the $50. Best Buy here I come!!:D

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank I think I'll do that. Never pre-ordered a phone before and wasn't sure if you were locked into buying it once you plopped down the $50. Best Buy here I come!!:D

I have thought of doing this, but I think I am going to read the fine print or ask an actual rep. they might not like that I ask the question, but hopefully they like a happy customer more, and honestly what can they do? Its a 30-day return policy... there isn't anything written in the fine print about trading to a newly released phone... I think thats kinda the point

The rep I talked to said that if within 30 days I'm unsatisfied I can completely cancel the plan... I'm sure they'd rather have a returned phone and a customer paying $150/mo than nothing at all.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have thought of doing this, but I think I am going to read the fine print or ask an actual rep. they might not like that I ask the question, but hopefully they like a happy customer more, and honestly what can they do? Its a 30-day return policy... there isn't anything written in the fine print about trading to a newly released phone... I think thats kinda the point

The rep I talked to said that if within 30 days I'm unsatisfied I can completely cancel the plan... I'm sure they'd rather have a returned phone and a customer paying $150/mo than nothing at all.

Its a situation where we have no choice but to do the exchange, but we don't like it because it's a waste of a perfectly good phone, as well as time consuming and a general PITA. It also messes with several things which measure our performance, and like anyone, we hate it when people do things that negatively impact our jobs.

Kinda like if someone came over to your house, wanted an orange, but ate half an apple first and then decided to ask for the orange.

I'm not trying to be a d1ck... just giving an honest opinion from the seller's side. The return policy is in effect to allow for people who are genuinely dissatisfied with their service to be able to get out of their contract, it's not meant to be used as a "loaner" program, although some people do take advantage of it in that manner. /shrug.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Was in my local Sprint store today picking up my replacement Evo, and taking a shot in the dark, asked the rep if he knew when the 3D was coming out. He sort of looked around to see if anyone was near him and gave me a very confident sounding "middle of June." Just throwing that out there.

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Its a situation where we have no choice but to do the exchange, but we don't like it because it's a waste of a perfectly good phone, as well as time consuming and a general PITA. It also messes with several things which measure our performance, and like anyone, we hate it when people do things that negatively impact our jobs.

Kinda like if someone came over to your house, wanted an orange, but ate half an apple first and then decided to ask for the orange.

I'm not trying to be a d1ck... just giving an honest opinion from the seller's side. The return policy is in effect to allow for people who are genuinely dissatisfied with their service to be able to get out of their contract, it's not meant to be used as a "loaner" program, although some people do take advantage of it in that manner. /shrug.

No I completely understand that (and you're not being a jerk) which is why I feel bad. If I could I would love for them to extend the "port in credit" and just give me the 3D outright so I don't need a "loaner" but I doubt they would do that (even though it makes more sense customer service wise). It would make sense for them to do it or make an exception for a few customers within a time frame because then the customer sees it as something the company is doing to go above and beyond, and they don't see it as "Well shoot now I have to circumvent the system to be happy with this company" not only all that but it would eliminate "loaner" phones... I don't imagine I would be the only one thinking of doing this.

That being said, since it is policy if the phone releases after the port in period I will be getting a "loaner" for the period before the 3D releases. As far as I'm concerned, I bought a phone, and I'm not happy with it, if the 3D releases shortly after.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Since you work at RS, do you know if any of the major retailers, i.e. RS, BB, or Sprint will have first dibs on selling the phone or will they all launch the same day the way it was with the Evo 4g?

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Since you work at RS, do you know if any of the major retailers, i.e. RS, BB, or Sprint will have first dibs on selling the phone or will they all launch the same day the way it was with the Evo 4g?

Haven't heard anything. I expect all of us will have them at launch, but thats just a guess.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Haven't heard anything. I expect all of us will have them at launch, but thats just a guess.

I wonder how they will handle the trade in of a Evo 4G. I mean, just 2 weeks ago I was there and was told my phone could be worth as much as 170 on a trade in, now we see that RS ad where they oh so generously offer us 100 bucks for a perfectly good Evo. Just doesn't sit well with me!

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Was in my local Sprint store today picking up my replacement Evo, and taking a shot in the dark, asked the rep if he knew when the 3D was coming out. He sort of looked around to see if anyone was near him and gave me a very confident sounding "middle of June." Just throwing that out there.

Did a gang of monkeys with batons come out and beat him shortly after he uttered those words no one else but God himself is supposed to know? Glad you are ok and made it out with the vital info we have been searching for.

Read: Sprint store employees are useless pieces of crap who dont know sh*t

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how they will handle the trade in of a Evo 4G. I mean, just 2 weeks ago I was there and was told my phone could be worth as much as 170 on a trade in, now we see that RS ad where they oh so generously offer us 100 bucks for a perfectly good Evo. Just doesn't sit well with me!

I heard they would still honor the previous prices and $100 is the lowest you could get, I wouldn't worry if i was you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArchyA