Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Default 3D video chat

Could work but with the current phone only one could view the 3d of the other person at one time because u would have to face the 2 cameras on the back for the other to view u in 3d maybe next phone they can put dual front facing cameras so both could see eachother in 3d at the same time this would be pretty cool IMO. I guess both people could 3d video chat and see eachother at the same time via evo 3d + 3d tv but then both people would have to wear glasses which would be lame. The 3rd dimension adds so many possibilities can't wait to tinker with mine.

wouldn't work as it'd need dual cameras to create the 3d picture...which is on the back, not the front which is used for video chatting.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

It could work if you point 2 rear cameras at you while the person thats watching you on videochat is watching. But you wouldnt be able to both watch eachother at the same time but It is still a cool possibility.

This probably wouldn't exist as a video chat feature, but you may be able to do some sort of live 3D broadcast. I doubt this is an included functionality, though. I don't think there would be a big enough audience for it to be lucrative to develop and app for that purpose. Look at how limited Qik is on the original Evo. I could NEVER find anyone to video chat with, and none of the IM programs ever supported it (maybe they do now, haven't checked in a while).

That being said, they did include Qik which effectively only communicated between Evos at first, and a 3D broadcast could really only benefit other Evo 3Ds at its release point, so maybe...

You can download TANGO from the marketplace. It's a video chat app the works much better then qik. It let's you switch from the front facing camera to the rear ones. So technically one person should be able to see the other in 3d. I guess we'll find out for sure on the 24th
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boriqua2000 View Post
    You can download TANGO from the marketplace. It's a video chat app the works much better then qik. It let's you switch from the front facing camera to the rear ones. So technically one person should be able to see the other in 3d. I guess we'll find out for sure on the 24th
    Wouldn't work. Tango would have to be able to transmit a 3D signal or video which it can't.

why would you even need 3d video chat? i dont see the purpose to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Wouldn't work. Tango would have to be able to transmit a 3D signal or video which it can't.
    And you know this how? They may enable that feature. Also, 3D video is still in the standard video formats, it's just a side-by-side picture at half the horizontal resolution, so transmitting the video would be no problem. The issue would come in how the device interprets that video. I know you don't personally like the Evo 3D, but you could at least think about things before you blindly respond to a question you have no knowledge of.

It might work really well if you video chat the way Anthony Weiner does. For most the dual 3D cameras on the wrong side though.....

Quote Originally Posted by PM-Performance View Post
    Lol, there is a very obvious answer to this question ;p ;p

Quote Originally Posted by svinyard View Post
    Lol, there is a very obvious answer to this question ;p ;p
    I love boobies in 3D too, but chances are none of my hoe's will have an Evo 3D anyway
    lol

I love boobies in 3D too, but chances are none of my hoe's will have an Evo 3D anyway
    lol
    well slap em until they buy one

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

I have the perfect solution. Just talk to the person in real life :P

....it's a joke - for all u troll hunters :/

Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    I'm sure soon to be former congressman Weiner wishes he had taken this advice.

Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post

....it's a joke - for all u troll hunters :/
    ever see hot tub time machine?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

It adds the third dimension which is nice if you are trying to show depth. Example would be showing your buddies that live in another state around your house or new car, your new child to your parents, a girl showing you her tits in 3d and etc.. The third dimension adds a feeling of actually being there because it's the dimension we live in so naturally we comprehend it much better then the 2nd dimension.