Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question exchange for a 3d?

    i bought a nexus s from best buy, i returned it yesterday and exchanged for an evo. my question is when the 3d hits if im still within my 30 days can i exchange for the 3d? or is there a limit to how many times you can do this?

    also im wondering if htc has announced if the 3d will in fact come unlocked or not?
  2. #2  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Best thing to do is ask at the Best Buy were you bought it from.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Best thing to do is ask at the Best Buy were you bought it from.
    all my receipt says is i can exchange within 30 days of buying. i did use my upgrade for this. i guess i could just say it's defective and all but i wondered if any of you guys knew?
  4. #4  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I'd still go back to the store and pre order the 3d. Not sure how much longer your 30 days are good for, but you will be cutting it close if it really does come out on June 24th.
  5. #5  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default

    Why did you return it? If its because of the few issues it has on it, you might as well plan on keeping the Evo. The Evo 3D will have issues as well, probably worse than the Nexus to be honest.
  6. #6  
    famedflea's Avatar

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

    Default

    From what I know, you are only eligible for one return.

    for instance I have the Palm Pre, but upgraded to the EVO 4G.
    Then I got wind of the EVO 3D and returned the EVO 4G. Went back to the Palm Pre.
    now when I get the EVO 3D I will not be able to return that phone, as you only get ONE return per upgrade eligibility.

    thats what it was a few years back anyways. even at BB me thinks.
  7. #7  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    9,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Last November I bought an Optimus T (switched from Sprint) from Best Buy. It was "defective" (I bricked it testing something LOL). I then exchanged it for the G2. I didn't really like it, and the myTouch 4G went on sale, so I exchanged the G2 for the myTouch 4G. So that was two exchanges in my 30 days.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    Last November I bought an Optimus T (switched from Sprint) from Best Buy. It was "defective" (I bricked it testing something LOL). I then exchanged it for the G2. I didn't really like it, and the myTouch 4G went on sale, so I exchanged the G2 for the myTouch 4G. So that was two exchanges in my 30 days.
    yeah only sprint has that one return policy. i don't think best buy does. i could just say it's defective i guess. besides i have until july 4th for the 30 day return.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Why did you return it? If its because of the few issues it has on it, you might as well plan on keeping the Evo. The Evo 3D will have issues as well, probably worse than the Nexus to be honest.
    the nexus was ok aside from the radio issues that plague it.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Why did you return it? If its because of the few issues it has on it, you might as well plan on keeping the Evo. The Evo 3D will have issues as well, probably worse than the Nexus to be honest.
    Your incredible dude.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Over-iOS View Post
    Your incredible dude.
    ^^This...

    Sprint will allow only one exchange, so just return it instead and activate a $20 phone from craigslist, then you can still get a new phone with rebate...trust me, its what i just did...
  12. #12  
    nkd
    nkd is offline
    nkd's Avatar

    Posts
    658 Posts
    Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

    Default

    your return invoice is from your original phone. It doesn't start from your exchange date. So the day you get your first phone you buy at best buy you got thirty days to do whatever you want.
  13. #13  

    Default

    After talking with some of the reps at sprint, I was under the impression that if I returned an upgraded phone and either exchanged to a new device or went to a previous device (like I tried with my palm pre), I would only have 30 days from the time of my upgrade to upgrade to a different device.

    So my problem was that since I had upgraded to the OG EVO on May 18th (my pre gave out and I didn't have a choice, just hoped it was released within the 30 days) I would only have 30 days from that point to exchange to a different device. And even if I were to return the EVO and not upgrade, if I didn't upgrade with the original 30 days I would lose my upgrade.

    After seeing a few posts on here claiming people returned whatever phone they had upgraded in preparation for the 3D, it confused me. I would be ecstatic if I could, but from what I hear it's not possible.

    What have you guys heard? Any suggestions?
  14. #14  
    bnrbranding's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 3D, CM 7.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Why did you return it? If its because of the few issues it has on it, you might as well plan on keeping the Evo. The Evo 3D will have issues as well, probably worse than the Nexus to be honest.
    Yeah, because HTC is know for shipping crappy phones that don't work.

    Srsly?
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Why did you return it? If its because of the few issues it has on it, you might as well plan on keeping the Evo. The Evo 3D will have issues as well, probably worse than the Nexus to be honest.
    Evidence. Links. SOMETHING to back up a single thing you say. Pretty please? There are very few hands on reviews, and all of them were early builds with a Sprint or HTC rep staring them down, so it's hardly representative of a final build. So please enlighten us as to the basis for your seemingly unfounded opinion of an unreleased device you've never touched.

    Any phone release has issues. My Evo got an update release day. I got it home and updated and it was an amazing phone. I understand that most of your manhood is invested in your Nexus S, but please don't spout crap like this that has no factual evidence (or even precedence).
    Thanked by:
    Djblue 
  16. #16  
    Slayix312's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendmat View Post
    Evidence. Links. SOMETHING to back up a single thing you say. Pretty please? There are very few hands on reviews, and all of them were early builds with a Sprint or HTC rep staring them down, so it's hardly representative of a final build. So please enlighten us as to the basis for your seemingly unfounded opinion of an unreleased device you've never touched.

    Any phone release has issues. My Evo got an update release day. I got it home and updated and it was an amazing phone. I understand that most of your manhood is invested in your Nexus S, but please don't spout crap like this that has no factual evidence (or even precedence).
    Like any troll, the best thing is just to ignore them.
    Thanked by:
    Djblue 
  17. #17  
    blaidan's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Like any troll, the best thing is just to ignore them.
    Fact.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendmat View Post
    Any phone release has issues. My Evo got an update release day. I got it home and updated and it was an amazing phone. I understand that most of your manhood is invested in your Nexus S, but please don't spout crap like this that has no factual evidence (or even precedence).
    I just started laughing out loud at work after reading that, thank you lol
    I have no signature.
    Thanked by:
  19. #19  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnrbranding View Post
    Yeah, because HTC is know for shipping crappy phones that don't work.

    Srsly?
    Do I really need to post links to remind you of the disaster the Evo 4G was at launch? Screens falling off, light leakage from glass separation, grounding issues where you couldnt use the phone at all if it was laying down, SD cards not reading or writing, frame rate was capped at 20fps making the phone lag badly, wifi issues...shall I continue? Lets not get into the mess the Thunderbolt is right now. HTC ships PLENTY of crappy phones that dont work buddy. If you are expecting the 3D to be problem free, you are in for a big surprise.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Do I really need to post links to remind you of the disaster the Evo 4G was at launch? Screens falling off, light leakage from glass separation, grounding issues where you couldnt use the phone at all if it was laying down, SD cards not reading or writing, frame rate was capped at 20fps making the phone lag badly, wifi issues...shall I continue? Lets not get into the mess the Thunderbolt is right now. HTC ships PLENTY of crappy phones that dont work buddy. If you are expecting the 3D to be problem free, you are in for a big surprise.
    I expect problems.

    But I also expect you to bash the 3D in every thread I read. LOL
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendmat View Post
    Evidence. Links. SOMETHING to back up a single thing you say. Pretty please? There are very few hands on reviews, and all of them were early builds with a Sprint or HTC rep staring them down, so it's hardly representative of a final build. So please enlighten us as to the basis for your seemingly unfounded opinion of an unreleased device you've never touched.

    Any phone release has issues. My Evo got an update release day. I got it home and updated and it was an amazing phone. I understand that most of your manhood is invested in your Nexus S, but please don't spout crap like this that has no factual evidence (or even precedence).
    Arent the problems with the last 4 HTC phones evidence enough for you? Do you think they hired a brand new QC team the last few months or something? Highly unlikely. Speaking of updates, congrats on getting it finally, the Nexus has had it for 6 months now Oh, and I dont want to hear any crying when Google introduces ICS and a ton of new awesome features and my "outdated" Nexus is running it while your shiny new phone is sitting on last years version of Android LOL
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Arent the problems with the last 4 HTC phones evidence enough for you? Do you think they hired a brand new QC team the last few months or something? Highly unlikely. Speaking of updates, congrats on getting it finally, the Nexus has had it for 6 months now Oh, and I dont want to hear any crying when Google introduces ICS and a ton of new awesome features and my "outdated" Nexus is running it while your shiny new phone is sitting on last years version of Android LOL

    Dude STFU already, it's getting old.
    I have no signature.
  23. #23  
    Slayix312's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Arent the problems with the last 4 HTC phones evidence enough for you? Do you think they hired a brand new QC team the last few months or something? Highly unlikely. Speaking of updates, congrats on getting it finally, the Nexus has had it for 6 months now Oh, and I dont want to hear any crying when Google introduces ICS and a ton of new awesome features and my "outdated" Nexus is running it while your shiny new phone is sitting on last years version of Android LOL
    Nexus phones getting updates first?!?!?!?!?!

    In other news, waters wet and the sky seems blue on a clear sunny day.
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Arent the problems with the last 4 HTC phones evidence enough for you? Do you think they hired a brand new QC team the last few months or something? Highly unlikely. Speaking of updates, congrats on getting it finally, the Nexus has had it for 6 months now Oh, and I dont want to hear any crying when Google introduces ICS and a ton of new awesome features and my "outdated" Nexus is running it while your shiny new phone is sitting on last years version of Android LOL
    That's the thing. I don't care. I don't need to have ICS as soon as it comes out, and I'm glad that Sprint and HTC will take the time to make it fit well with my phone. So you like getting updates as fast as possible so that people think you're cool, and I like having a faster phone with 3D so that my mobile entertainment experience meets my desires. It's a personal preference.

    And a fraction of people having hardware issues is hardly abnormal. I'm not worried about it. If something is wrong, they will fix it. I personally never had any issues with my Evo 4G that I got on release day. I'm terribly sorry if HTC peed in your cereal, but maybe you can put the hurt behind you and just have a conversation instead of antagonizing people?
  25. #25  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendmat View Post
    That's the thing. I don't care. I don't need to have ICS as soon as it comes out, and I'm glad that Sprint and HTC will take the time to make it fit well with my phone.
    Understandable. Why do you feel the need to rush out and buy a dual core processor as soon as it comes out then? Especially since its a well known fact no Android apps are even written to take advantage of them yet? Just curious.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions