Anyone coming from a blackberry?

Bye bye Blackberry

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else besides me? Don't know if I wanna give up bbm yet :-\.

Ya, I'm coming from a blackberry. I've started working on getting everyone I talk to on bbm to google talk. I don't use it that much so I don't have too much of a problem giving it up. I just can't wait to get rid of my blackberry for the Evo 3D.

tes5884

Sep 16, 2010
www.shoeboyz.com
I came from a BlackBerry 2 months ago to the EVO Shift. Loved my new phone except that the keyboard made it a bit thick - so now I'm getting the EVO 3D - FTR I thought I would have a problem with the on screen keybd, after 2 days I only used the on screen keybd, and really love it!

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BlackBerry Tour, before that a Curve. Google Talk is what I use now. It's cross platform, which BBM isn't.

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BlackBerry Tour, before that a Curve. Google Talk is what I use now. It's cross platform, which BBM isn't.

Yes, but it's missing the key element to BBM (for me anyway), the D & R notifications. If I leave I will miss that feature terribly.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Most of us here came from a BB.
You won't miss BBM as much as you think after you get used to the device and find out how much more of a multimedia device, etc.

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Most of us here came from a BB.
You won't miss BBM as much as you think after you get used to the device and find out how much more of a multimedia device, etc.

That's what I'm hoping, is that all the new good things will outweigh the loss of BBM, which really is a great feature. My wife and I use it all day long, and she's gonna be a bit bummed out when I bail on her. Now, if only I could decide what phone I want. The 3D seems like the obvious choice, but I really dislike anything '3d' and hate to spend money on a feature I will never, ever use. Choosing a phone is such a hard decision and these forums just make it harder! (that's what she said)

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but it's missing the key element to BBM (for me anyway), the D & R notifications. If I leave I will miss that feature terribly.

D and R is ok to have, but it's really just a novility and not necessary. If a Google Talk message can't be delivered, that messages appears in red italics with the statement that the message will be deliverer once signal is present. It happens rarely.

As for R, it's cute but it doesn't matter if the other person read it. Either they reply right away or they wait or they don't reply. Knowing they read it is just for stalkerish satisfaction. Lol.

slab0meat

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a BB 8900 still, and switching to Android very soon.... just haven't finalized what carrier I'm going with, but I've been watching the EVO 3D news for awhile now. This very well could be what I go with.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The 3D seems like the obvious choice, but I really dislike anything '3d' and hate to spend money on a feature I will never, ever use. Choosing a phone is such a hard decision and these forums just make it harder! (that's what she said)

I would venture to say that most people getting the EVO3D aren't getting it for the 3D aspect but more the powerhouse specs it has. The 3D is just extra goodness.

bgrushin

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
bbm alternative

I've been using WhatsApp with friends who aren't on blackberry, at this point I only have 2 ppl left on BBM. WhatsApp is cool, it doesn't have the read functionality just delivered (I personally prefer that as I don't always want ppl knowing every detail) but works well and it'll automatically pick up other ppl registered on WhatsApp from your phone book.

evo3dorbbm

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem for me is everyone I talk to is on bbm. Almost 100.....

The iphone just got imessage I wish android had one besides google talk, an app preinstalled on your phone with a pin/just like bbm where people wanna use it.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow, a couple of locals using BB (greetings from South Jersey). My BB Bold 9650 just white screened again, reminding me why I want to replace it with the Evo 3D. I never really used BBM since nobody I knew did, and most didn't have Blackberries either so no big loss there. Perhaps there's an Android app that allows porting or cross platform?

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, a couple of locals using BB (greetings from South Jersey). My BB Bold 9650 just white screened again, reminding me why I want to replace it with the Evo 3D. I never really used BBM since nobody I knew did, and most didn't have Blackberries either so no big loss there. Perhaps there's an Android app that allows porting or cross platform?

No, there isn't unfortunately. There was some talk that BBM was coming to Android but that rumor has been squashed. BBM is Blackberry only. I'm really gonna hate to see it go, although I only talk to about 5 people on it. It gets a LOT of use between me and my better half.

slab0meat

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
All my BBM contacts left for other platforms, except for one, and he's just waiting for his upgrade time. So, no big loss... however, my house and work both are not Sprint 4G zones (close, but not quite), whereas T-Mo is, somewhat, and Verizon is, very much so.... so I'm still undecided.. all I know is BB will be left behind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante