Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone coming from a blackberry?

Anyone else besides me? Don't know if I wanna give up bbm yet .

Quote Originally Posted by evo3dorbbm View Post
    Anyone else besides me? Don't know if I wanna give up bbm yet .
    Ya, I'm coming from a blackberry. I've started working on getting everyone I talk to on bbm to google talk. I don't use it that much so I don't have too much of a problem giving it up. I just can't wait to get rid of my blackberry for the Evo 3D.

im coming from an 8330 curve, ready to say goodbye to BB and hello to android! c'mon 24th

I'm on the fence as well. That XPRT looks real nice for us BB addicts but I'm not paying $10 extra a month and not getting 4g.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    UNROOTED :-(

I came from a BlackBerry 2 months ago to the EVO Shift. Loved my new phone except that the keyboard made it a bit thick - so now I'm getting the EVO 3D - FTR I thought I would have a problem with the on screen keybd, after 2 days I only used the on screen keybd, and really love it!
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,537 Global Posts

Coming from a BlackBerry Tour, before that a Curve. Google Talk is what I use now. It's cross platform, which BBM isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    Coming from a BlackBerry Tour, before that a Curve. Google Talk is what I use now. It's cross platform, which BBM isn't.
    Yes, but it's missing the key element to BBM (for me anyway), the D & R notifications. If I leave I will miss that feature terribly.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Most of us here came from a BB.
    You won't miss BBM as much as you think after you get used to the device and find out how much more of a multimedia device, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Most of us here came from a BB.
    You won't miss BBM as much as you think after you get used to the device and find out how much more of a multimedia device, etc.
    That's what I'm hoping, is that all the new good things will outweigh the loss of BBM, which really is a great feature. My wife and I use it all day long, and she's gonna be a bit bummed out when I bail on her. Now, if only I could decide what phone I want. The 3D seems like the obvious choice, but I really dislike anything '3d' and hate to spend money on a feature I will never, ever use. Choosing a phone is such a hard decision and these forums just make it harder! (that's what she said)
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,537 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ATC Buckeye View Post
    Yes, but it's missing the key element to BBM (for me anyway), the D & R notifications. If I leave I will miss that feature terribly.
    D and R is ok to have, but it's really just a novility and not necessary. If a Google Talk message can't be delivered, that messages appears in red italics with the statement that the message will be deliverer once signal is present. It happens rarely.

As for R, it's cute but it doesn't matter if the other person read it. Either they reply right away or they wait or they don't reply. Knowing they read it is just for stalkerish satisfaction. Lol.

I'm using a BB 8900 still, and switching to Android very soon.... just haven't finalized what carrier I'm going with, but I've been watching the EVO 3D news for awhile now. This very well could be what I go with.

Quote Originally Posted by ATC Buckeye View Post
    The 3D seems like the obvious choice, but I really dislike anything '3d' and hate to spend money on a feature I will never, ever use. Choosing a phone is such a hard decision and these forums just make it harder! (that's what she said)
    I would venture to say that most people getting the EVO3D aren't getting it for the 3D aspect but more the powerhouse specs it has. The 3D is just extra goodness.
    I have no signature.

Default bbm alternative

I've been using WhatsApp with friends who aren't on blackberry, at this point I only have 2 ppl left on BBM. WhatsApp is cool, it doesn't have the read functionality just delivered (I personally prefer that as I don't always want ppl knowing every detail) but works well and it'll automatically pick up other ppl registered on WhatsApp from your phone book.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

The problem for me is everyone I talk to is on bbm. Almost 100.....

The iphone just got imessage I wish android had one besides google talk, an app preinstalled on your phone with a pin/just like bbm where people wanna use it.

Wow, a couple of locals using BB (greetings from South Jersey). My BB Bold 9650 just white screened again, reminding me why I want to replace it with the Evo 3D. I never really used BBM since nobody I knew did, and most didn't have Blackberries either so no big loss there. Perhaps there's an Android app that allows porting or cross platform?

Quote Originally Posted by whisper2ascream View Post
    Wow, a couple of locals using BB (greetings from South Jersey). My BB Bold 9650 just white screened again, reminding me why I want to replace it with the Evo 3D. I never really used BBM since nobody I knew did, and most didn't have Blackberries either so no big loss there. Perhaps there's an Android app that allows porting or cross platform?
    No, there isn't unfortunately. There was some talk that BBM was coming to Android but that rumor has been squashed. BBM is Blackberry only. I'm really gonna hate to see it go, although I only talk to about 5 people on it. It gets a LOT of use between me and my better half.

All my BBM contacts left for other platforms, except for one, and he's just waiting for his upgrade time. So, no big loss... however, my house and work both are not Sprint 4G zones (close, but not quite), whereas T-Mo is, somewhat, and Verizon is, very much so.... so I'm still undecided.. all I know is BB will be left behind.

goodbye storm2!

ROM
    stock

coming from BB 8330.

Currently BB 8330... just put my pre-order in for the 3D today and setting an early appointment for the 24th.

Coming from a blackberry tour 9630. Great phone. The only thing is the trackball on it goes bad after a while. Plus it doesn't have wifi capabilities. I can't complain though. The phone has really done me justice.
    Life, don't leave home without it

I will be sooo glad to be done with my BB 8530 when the EVO3D comes out. For the people that are going to miss BBM, they have an app called LiveProfile that is pretty much like BBM. Hope that helps!

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts

I didn't know that other Tour users were having the same grips...good phone otherwise. Also I thought I would miss BBM too. However I now only use it with DW. Since we both are getting the E3D, I guess that is mute now. Everyone else I just text or call. Moving to Android will mean that I will now be like a majority of my friends minus those apple fans I know.

I really did notice the transition away from BBM. Mainly since all of my BBM friends switch to the EVO within weeks. But the evo had soo much more to offer that you won't miss BBM. The hardest adjustment was using an all touch screen device.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I have a Bold 9650 at the moment. But to be honest, I literally NEVER use bbm. So I won't be missing it at all lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast