Radioshack Shows EVO 3D S-OFF

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
If you go through the Radioshack tutorial on how to do a hard-reset on the 3D, you be taken to this page where it will show the HBOOT screen. Highlighted in the upper right hand corner is "S-OFF".

I saw this on XDA earlier and decided to investigate it myself. I cant find the source right now tho.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you go through the Radioshack tutorial on how to do a hard-reset on the 3D, you be taken to this page where it will show the HBOOT screen. Highlighted in the upper right hand corner is "S-OFF".

I saw this on XDA earlier and decided to investigate it myself. I cant find the source right now tho.

Well hopefully that is for real... I wasn't expecting it to ship with S-off but have it available later. But hey if so that's awesome

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Good catch, but if you look closely, it says "ENG S-OFF", meaning it's the engineering build. I'd doubt it'll ship with that, but maybe that's the quickest and easiest way of getting us an unlocked bootloader, so who knows?

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
its funny they try and lock 'em down but then send out phones with an engineering rom on them lol.
also funny that word spread around the world in a matter of seconds and now everyone will have root.

Nizzull2

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully rooted soon this device will add another puzzel piece maybe more! Another device has ship s-off and is working with Teamwin now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power