Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lafester
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Radioshack Shows EVO 3D S-OFF

If you go through the Radioshack tutorial on how to do a hard-reset on the 3D, you be taken to this page where it will show the HBOOT screen. Highlighted in the upper right hand corner is "S-OFF".

I saw this on XDA earlier and decided to investigate it myself. I cant find the source right now tho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Radioshack Shows EVO 3D S-OFF-capture.jpg  
    Virgin Mobile Arc -> HTC EVO 4G

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Good catch, hopefully its pans out to be true.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Danger View Post
    If you go through the Radioshack tutorial on how to do a hard-reset on the 3D, you be taken to this page where it will show the HBOOT screen. Highlighted in the upper right hand corner is "S-OFF".

I saw this on XDA earlier and decided to investigate it myself. I cant find the source right now tho.
    Well hopefully that is for real... I wasn't expecting it to ship with S-off but have it available later. But hey if so that's awesome
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

Good catch, but if you look closely, it says "ENG S-OFF", meaning it's the engineering build. I'd doubt it'll ship with that, but maybe that's the quickest and easiest way of getting us an unlocked bootloader, so who knows?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Good catch on the ENG part.

It seems someone in France scored a Sensation with an ENG S-OFF HBOOT.

AndroidSPIN HTC Sensation engineering phone unlocked and rooted in France. Root for the rest on it’s way!
    Virgin Mobile Arc -> HTC EVO 4G

its funny they try and lock 'em down but then send out phones with an engineering rom on them lol.
    also funny that word spread around the world in a matter of seconds and now everyone will have root.
    Nizzull2 likes this.

Default Re: Radioshack Shows EVO 3D S-OFF

Hopefully rooted soon this device will add another puzzel piece maybe more! Another device has ship s-off and is working with Teamwin now.

Default Re: Radioshack Shows EVO 3D S-OFF

Nice Thats whats REALLY good.