If you go through the Radioshack tutorial on how to do a hard-reset on the 3D, you be taken to this page where it will show the HBOOT screen. Highlighted in the upper right hand corner is "S-OFF".

I saw this on XDA earlier and decided to investigate it myself. I cant find the source right now tho.
    06-06-2011 04:30 PM
    Good catch, hopefully its pans out to be true.
    06-06-2011 04:33 PM
    If you go through the Radioshack tutorial on how to do a hard-reset on the 3D, you be taken to this page where it will show the HBOOT screen. Highlighted in the upper right hand corner is "S-OFF".

I saw this on XDA earlier and decided to investigate it myself. I cant find the source right now tho.
    Well hopefully that is for real... I wasn't expecting it to ship with S-off but have it available later. But hey if so that's awesome
    06-06-2011 04:35 PM
    Good catch, but if you look closely, it says "ENG S-OFF", meaning it's the engineering build. I'd doubt it'll ship with that, but maybe that's the quickest and easiest way of getting us an unlocked bootloader, so who knows?
    06-06-2011 04:36 PM
    Good catch on the ENG part.

It seems someone in France scored a Sensation with an ENG S-OFF HBOOT.

AndroidSPIN HTC Sensation engineering phone unlocked and rooted in France. Root for the rest on it’s way!
    06-06-2011 05:56 PM
    its funny they try and lock 'em down but then send out phones with an engineering rom on them lol.
    also funny that word spread around the world in a matter of seconds and now everyone will have root.
    Nizzull2 likes this.
    06-06-2011 08:04 PM
    Hopefully rooted soon this device will add another puzzel piece maybe more! Another device has ship s-off and is working with Teamwin now.
    07-06-2011 01:06 AM
    Nice Thats whats REALLY good.
    07-06-2011 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD