UPDATE: Wirefly WAS Selling Evo 3D for $179... NOW $149 (WTF)

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I followed the link then called Wirefly on the number BoA showed to call to get the $50. Wirefly showed 179.99, read the link to them and got it for 149.99 and it will be total of $100 off the money from BoA.

Last edited:

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I followed the link the called Wirefly on the number BoA showed to call to get the $50. Wirefly showed 179.99, read the link to them and got it for 149.99 and it will be total of $100 off the money from BoA.

so it looks like you have to call BOA to get the ADditUP off the $149.99 price.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Yeah ... I posted earlier that wirefly.com had announced the $149 price tag about a week or so after the $179 announcement ... Therefor Sprint probably didn't know or update the link to the lower priced Evo 3D ... Just inform them of the lower link and they would comply ... In either case for some reason Washington and Idaho is again excluded from this program like everything else that Bank of America does ... Like the BofA app.

sambao21

May 11, 2011
Visit site
do you guys know how returns are handled from a 3rd party like this? like if the phone is defective, or if in my 30 days, i just decide that i dont want the phone anymore, and switch, do i deal with wirefly or can I go into a sprint store?

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You go to the additup site on BoA, sign in, go to cell phones and click on Wirefly it will give you this number (866-656-5994) if you wanted to call. I had to give Wirefly the website address (from the page 1 of this forum) to get the 149.99 because all they were able to pull up was the 179.99

sambao21

May 11, 2011
Visit site
after reading the reviews, i'll definitely still get the evo 3d, but gonna take the 30 days to really evaluate it. so if i want to return the phone within 30 days, anyone know if i go through wirefly or sprint? and if wirefly, has anyone had any experience on how that works? like how do I switch to another phone, whats the cost? how long does it take? thanks

acf3passion

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
after reading the reviews, i'll definitely still get the evo 3d, but gonna take the 30 days to really evaluate it. so if i want to return the phone within 30 days, anyone know if i go through wirefly or sprint? and if wirefly, has anyone had any experience on how that works? like how do I switch to another phone, whats the cost? how long does it take? thanks

Yeah I just emailed wirefly about their return policy. We'll see.

everyday17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

You go through Wirefly, they say their return policy is 14 days but it also says that they have to match the carrier's return policy. I returned a phone through them a couple months ago, and besides taking a while it was relatively painless.

alexjlouie

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
You go through Wirefly, they say their return policy is 14 days but it also says that they have to match the carrier's return policy. I returned a phone through them a couple months ago, and besides taking a while it was relatively painless.

Did they charge you a restocking fee?

Kathy145

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly's policy:

RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY FOR CONTRACT EXTENSIONS & NEW LINES OF SERVICE

To exchange your purchase for a different device or return it for a 100% refund of your purchase price (excluding shipping and processing fees), you must contact our Customer Service department within 14 days of your activation or process date to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number.To avoid any unnecessary charges and be eligible for a full refund for your original wireless device, you must ensure that we receive your device in its original, new condition with all of the product literature, manufacturer packaging (device box, box inserts, etc.) and parts included in your shipment within 30 days of your activation or process date. If we do not receive your original device within the 30 day period and/or all items and packaging are not returned in original condition, you will not be eligible for a full refund and may incur additional charges (see Equipment Condition below).

Once we receive your original device and verify it is in its original, new condition, we will issue a credit based on the condition of the return. Acceptable Exchanges will be processed as soon as your original device is received and inspected. If your original device is not received in acceptable condition as noted above, you may not qualify for a credit and you may be liable to repay the Instant Savings Discount you received on your purchase. In such cases, you will receive an email from us with a detailed explanation. Unfortunately, once equipment is received and processed, it cannot be returned to the customer.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Wirefly's policy:

RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY FOR CONTRACT EXTENSIONS & NEW LINES OF SERVICE

To exchange your purchase for a different device or return it for a 100% refund of your purchase price (excluding shipping and processing fees), you must contact our Customer Service department within 14 days of your activation or process date to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number.To avoid any unnecessary charges and be eligible for a full refund for your original wireless device, you must ensure that we receive your device in its original, new condition with all of the product literature, manufacturer packaging (device box, box inserts, etc.) and parts included in your shipment within 30 days of your activation or process date. If we do not receive your original device within the 30 day period and/or all items and packaging are not returned in original condition, you will not be eligible for a full refund and may incur additional charges (see Equipment Condition below).

So basically you have 14 days to tell them you want to return the device and then a total of 30days from activation to actually return it to them.

tefunk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Ordered through Bofa additup at $179.99 and then emailed Wirefly asking to pricematch the $149.99 link.

Here is their response: Per your email below, we will honor the price
of $149.99 for the HTC EVO 3D from the
Wirefly Friends and Family website. We will
issue a credit for any difference in price before
your HTC EVO 3D is shipped. We will wait to
issue a credit until 06/24/2011 when the
launch date for the HTC EVO 3D as there
maybe another price drop before the launch
date. If you have any further questions or
concerns, please log onto our order-status
website.

Kathy145

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ordered through Bofa additup at $179.99 and then emailed Wirefly asking to pricematch the $149.99 link.

Here is their response: Per your email below, we will honor the price
of $149.99 for the HTC EVO 3D from the
Wirefly Friends and Family website. We will
issue a credit for any difference in price before
your HTC EVO 3D is shipped. We will wait to
issue a credit until 06/24/2011 when the
launch date for the HTC EVO 3D as there
maybe another price drop before the launch
date. If you have any further questions or
concerns, please log onto our order-status
website.

Oh, I hope there is another price drop!!!

Kathy145

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or did they take away the friends and family price? It now appears to be back up $179. If so, I am glad I purchased when I did.

LuckyChef28

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks that way. I ordered 2 yesterday for myself and my girlfriend at $149. I just went back to the site out of curiosity this morning and it was $179, just like on their standard site. Every phone is discounted below their regular prices through Friends and Family, so this may be a temporary fluke, or I am damn lucky to have gotten it on the last day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12