radio shack pre orders get ripped off?

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
With the announcement of sprint and target giving $150 for the evo 4g while RS is giving 100 dollars. Total rip off. I pre orderedthrough RS and paid $50! Looks like I will be going to sprint or target. Using the gift card from RS for accessories.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Called my sprint store and they don't even know the pricing on the evo3d. They cldnt even confirm the trade in was 150.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
With the announcement of sprint and target giving $150 for the evo 4g while RS is giving 100 dollars. Total rip off. I pre orderedthrough RS and paid $50! Looks like I will be going to sprint or target. Using the gift card from RS for accessories.

I think it's pretty freakin funny how Radio Shack is advertising a trade in value of $100 dollars but on the website the trade in value is about $130.

Radio%252520Shack%252520Buy%252520Back.JPG

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
when i pre-ordered my Evo 3D they told me the reason for this

They are offering the $100.00 trade because they are also going to have a select list of other devices that you can trade in for around $75.00 as well. So, they are expecting people who are trading in their Evo 4G/Shift to also want to trade in their previous phone before they got their Evo 4G/Shift as well, thus increasing the actual trade in value you receive.

Edit:
Although, they also said they do not currently have a "final" list of all the devices that will be offered said $75.00 trade in.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm trading in my Evo 4g at RS and they told me I'm getting a max trade in credit of 180.00. Granted my phone is mint but still why are you all talking about so much less?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm trading in my Evo 4g at RS and they told me I'm getting a max trade in credit of 180.00. Granted my phone is mint but still why are you all talking about so much less?

Because in their ad they claim that in all their generosity, they will give you $100.00 for your Evo. Kinda like, just when the Evo 3d becomes available your phone is only worth $100.00 because of the phone you're buying now.

Something tells me that the asessed value of the Evo 4G, even using their little utility will just max out at $100 come the 24th.

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Because in their ad they claim that in all their generosity, they will give you $100.00 for your Evo. Kinda like, just when the Evo 3d becomes available your phone is only worth $100.00 because of the phone you're buying now.

Something tells me that the asessed value of the Evo 4G, even using their little utility will just max out at $100 come the 24th.

quite possibly true.

too bad you wouldn't just be able to go into the store, sign some legal documents stating that they will give you the current trade in value of your phone at present as long as you promise to actually trade it in when the evo 3d comes out, but void if the current "condition" of said phone stays the same between signing and actual trade in (as in, if its perfect condition when signing, then it has to be near that same condition once traded in).

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

That is what I think is going to happen.

It's kinda like cars when the new model comes out. . . New demand for the EVO 4G is likely going to be less, so they are going to give you less for it.

I may just see what Craigslist or eBay will do for me after I get my 3D.

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
That is what I think is going to happen.

It's kinda like cars when the new model comes out. . . New demand for the EVO 4G is likely going to be less, so they are going to give you less for it.

I may just see what Craigslist or eBay will do for me after I get my 3D.

Sadly, I do not have an Evo 4G, or an Evo Shift... I've got the crappy Pre Minus... When it first came out, it was amazing, but as faster phones and better connection speeds have come out, the Pre Minus just has completely lost any and all power that it once had...

Hence why I'm switching to android.. was gonna wait for the Pre 3, but I've got a feeling it'll just lose its lovely power just as quickly as the Pre Minus had.. While I've seen that the Evo 4G is continuing to maintain its usefulness since its release.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Also, the $100 value will be given for Evo's that arent in perfect condition. Pretty much if it turns on and isn't water damaged, you get it. So that is more than a lot of people with ones that are beat to $@$^#$^ would get,

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My RS told me that the $75 was for any smartphone. I asked if I could trade in a Palm Centro for $75 and they said yes.

You're getting ripped off no matter where you trade it in. Just sell it on Craigslist or eBay.

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My RS told me that the $75 was for any smartphone. I asked if I could trade in a Palm Centro for $75 and they said yes.

You're getting ripped off no matter where you trade it in. Just sell it on Craigslist or eBay.

You sure? cause mine told me that the Evo and Shift were $100, and UP TO $75 for any other phone that is on their "list", and the manager was the one doing my pre-order >.>; But if yours is true, I wouldn't say that is being ripped off, cause then as long as you have alot of phones, you can easily get it for almost zero!

I know that if it really is just "any smart phone" then I'll be trading in my Pre Minus, AND my dad's old Palm Centro and getting $150 off right there! meaning i'd just have to pay roughly $60 ta $65 bucks for the phone! (added $20 ta $25 cause of tax that should be there >.< )

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I called my the RS near my home and I was told depending on condition the max I could get is $127. Maybe it depends on the store?

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I called my the RS near my home and I was told depending on condition the max I could get is $127. Maybe it depends on the store?

quite possibly. . .

I'll ask again tomorrow if I need to go to the post office to ship my last ebay item.

(EBAY FTW!!! Its the only reason why I'm actually ABLE to buy this awesome phone!!!)

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I called my RS where I pre ordered my 2 evo 3d's last week and where I was told I would get 180.00 for my OG Evo and now he tells me as of today it's worth 127.00 on a trade. Uhh can you say bait and switch much? Completely ****ed up imo. The guy agreed but of course nothing he can do he says that's what corporate does sometimes. I called because of this thread and so now I don't know what I should do. 127.00 a fair price for a out of the box MINT MINT MINT evo that looks the same as the day I got it? I think not....I'm a little peeved not gonna lie.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if the activation fee will be wavied. I talked to my local shack (love saying that) and they said it is $35 and comes down from sprint so they can't waive it. I know wirefly will only charge 19. So its 20 more plus tax and twice the activation fee I'm starting to regret my shack preorder

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if the activation fee will be wavied. I talked to my local shack (love saying that) and they said it is $35 and comes down from sprint so they can't waive it. I know wirefly will only charge 19. So its 20 more plus tax and twice the activation fee I'm starting to regret my shack preorder

Whoa, wait, what????! Um..... wait, again WHAT?!?!?!?!

Ok, just from that, I'm marching down to Radio Shack tomorrow and asking ALOT of questions about that.. specifically in which: "can i just HAVE my phone without activation?".... **** paying ANY money for activating it THERE when i can simply walk over to the actual sprint store, and get it activated for FREE....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc