Sensation Issues

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
He kept talking about it but couldn't really demonstrate it. I am disappointed to see the apparent slow down of the ui when running love wallpapers, that's what the evo 4G is struggling with, I was hoping that a dual core would alleviate that problem. Something tells me that those review units might run in default "save as much power as possible" mode. No review so far dug a little deeper into the setting or did any type of experimenting beyond running quadrant and flicking through the homescreens. We won't know until we f?te our hands on one. I emailed htc about my concerns based on the fast, but not dual core fast performance in the reviews, but they couldn't give me a straight answer either. Guess we will have to wait just a few more days until more evo 3d reviews come out.

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is that tAndroid phones have a ton of stuff going on in the background. If the video is beign filmed on a newly started phone, where a bunch of google syncing is going on, this could slow the phone down in that rare moment when it is busy doing all the syncing, updating, etc.

We shall know in a few days I guess though.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I love phonedog reviews, but I couldn't really see it in the review. Maybe I'll watch the unboxing video again and will def watch the dog fight with the g2X. I don't really care, it HASSSS to be faster than this Palm Pre I have in my hand and at some point it will be rooted and OC'd so I'm not really concerned...I can't be. Nothing will stop me from getting off webOS.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Having a micro second of supposed lag is not the same as not being able to use the device :confused:

Check out this 2 part "face off" between the Sensation and the GS2

YouTube - ‪HTC Sensation vs Samsung Galaxy S II "Face Off"‬‏

YouTube - ‪HTC Sensation vs Samsung Galaxy S II Part 2 "Face Off"‬‏

When he goes through a bunch of apps to see which opens faster, you really have a hard time judging who opened what faster. The GS2 usually is a little faster, but the difference is so small, you'd be hard pressed to tell in every day use.

As far as the lag, like I said, from my extensive video review watching, it seems to only happen with a live wallpaper enabled, it's a shame that a dual core phone still can't handle one smoothly without lagging a little bit, but something tells me that's due to trying to conserve battery life. If there is some sort of "balls to the wall, gimme all the juice I want" mode under power management, I just might use it!

Anyhow, enjoy the videos.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the "Live Wallpapers" must be some sort of inefficient coding on the part of the Android OS. I run the CyanogenMod 7.0.3.1 ROM with the SavagedZen Kernel and I am overclocked to 1152 MHz and I run the governor at the SavagedZen setting.

If I run a live wallpaper, my EVO gets a bit laggy. Also, I have 126MB of free internal storage and 226MB of free RAM without the live wallpaper running (213MB of free RAM with it running).

Fortunately, Live Wallpaper isn't a deal breaker for me.

I do agree that a dual core 1.2 GHz phone with 1 GB of RAM *should* be able to handle any Live Wallpaper with ease.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the videos. Yes, I am going to be a hater again but jeez, my NS4G is snappier than this thing. Live wallpapers are making it lag? LOL I have some pretty crazy live wallpapers on my phone and it never even slows down let alone lag. That Photon with the Tegra 2 sure looks quick too. 1970 Quandrant? My NS4G got an 1846, wow. I am going to blame this on Sense 3.0 for sure. Looks like the Vista of mobile phone OS so far. Pretty to look at but its a memory hog and not too fast.

Last edited:

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Focus, seriously can you tell me one good thing you see about the Evo 3D? You sound like a gamer desperately trying to defend his console so you have to nitpick the other. Reading you in these forums is like reading XBOX or Playstation fanboys on the IGN or Gamestop forums.

Quit nitpicking the Evo 3D...we get it your Nexus is the BEST phone on the market with NO issues whatso ever right?

I mean when I go into a Sprint store they are still pushing the Evo over the Nexus due to...the fact they must be crazy I guess.

Seriously it is ok, we understand you lost your upgrade and can't get an Evo 3D and now must dog it to make your phone seem superior.

I hate to tell you brother but I could barely tell how the Galaxy 2 was faster than the Sensation in this video. I have the Palm Pre and you are talking the Evo 3D down like it is an old Palm Pre POS...too funny.

If you don't like the Evo line then stop posting on the Forums because umm we know your point of view already and don't need to hear it on every single post lol.

I feel sorry for you that you have to troll (and yes what you do is the textbook definition of trolling) the EVO 3D forums to make you feel better about your phone.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Focus, seriously can you tell me one good thing you see about the Evo 3D? You sound like a gamer desperately trying to defend his console so you have to nitpick the other. Reading you in these forums is like reading XBOX or Playstation fanboys on the IGN or Gamestop forums.

Quit nitpicking the Evo 3D...we get it your Nexus is the BEST phone on the market with NO issues whatso ever right?

I mean when I go into a Sprint store they are still pushing the Evo over the Nexus due to...the fact they must be crazy I guess.

Seriously it is ok, we understand you lost your upgrade and can't get an Evo 3D and now must dog it to make your phone seem superior.

I hate to tell you brother but I could barely tell how the Galaxy 2 was faster than the Sensation in this video. I have the Palm Pre and you are talking the Evo 3D down like it is an old Palm Pre POS...too funny.

If you don't like the Evo line then stop posting on the Forums because umm we know your point of view already and don't need to hear it on every single post lol.

I feel sorry for you that you have to troll (and yes what you do is the textbook definition of trolling) the EVO 3D forums to make you feel better about your phone.

This is about the SENSATION, not the 3D....Of course Sprint is going to push the 3D over the Nexus, its their flagship phone and they can load up all their garbage bloatware on it, they cant on the Nexus. I am watching to see what happens because I had an Evo 4G and interested to see how the 3D does. It better be a hell of alot better than the Sensation because thats looking like a huge disappointment so far.

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree with this. All the posts ive read from Focus give the impression that he wasted his upgrade & now hates on what he missed out on lol. 2 more weeks!!

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. All the posts ive read from Focus give the impression that he wasted his upgrade & now hates on what he missed out on lol. 2 more weeks!!

Sorry but I am never going to miss Sense, Sprints bloatware, waiting 4-6 months for Android updates and the washed out look of the Evo phones that have to be held at the perfect angle to look any good, but you have fun with that! This thread is about Sensation issues and I am commenting on them. Dont take things so seriously, makes you look like a crying fanboy defending anything negative said about a phone you love.

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
This is about the SENSATION, not the 3D....Of course Sprint is going to push the 3D over the Nexus, its their flagship phone and they can load up all their garbage bloatware on it, they cant on the Nexus. I am watching to see what happens because I had an Evo 4G and interested to see how the 3D does. It better be a hell of alot better than the Sensation because thats looking like a huge disappointment so far.

No, this IS about the EVO 3D. Its about how the 3D will work because it has such similar hardware to the Sensation.

Reactions: MannyZ28