1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Extra battery?

How many of yall have or are going to get a extra battery? I was looking at these

What you think?

I will most likely get an extra battery. Even though the EVO 3D has a larger batter than the EVO 4G, I'm not too confident it in meeting my demands.

For the EVO 4G I got exactly what you have linked to. 2 batteries and a wall charger for $12 out of Hong Kong. The extra batteries have come in handy a lot of times. And for $12 it is pretty cheap insurance.

Thanks for the link!!!

It says "AU adapter plug for battery". What does that mean? I was looking at getting these, but I'd rather not blow up my phone because of incorrect voltage or something.
    Also, RedWings, it says import duties, taxes and charges are not included. Did you have any of that stuff added on when you bought your battery last time around?

If it's out of Hong Kong I would be very careful. There is a huge knockoff black market out there and you more than likely will be getting sub-standard equipment that could damage your nice new shiny phone. Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware!)

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles 135 View Post
    If it's out of Hong Kong I would be very careful. There is a huge knockoff black market out there and you more than likely will be getting sub-standard equipment that could damage your nice new shiny phone. Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware!)
    There are thousands of us Evo Launch Buyers that purchased the Chinese 2 batteries and and charger last year for $10 ... Hell I bought two sets and they have been faithful to me til this very day .. I never have used them as a primary battery ... Just for backup til my OEM Battery as full again ... The HTC EVO 3D community will find a great source for the Chinese batts soon and again Thousands will be purchased.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    UNROOTED :-(

I'm a little bit worried about them frying my new and shiny $phone$...

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    There are thousands of us Evo Launch Buyers that purchased the Chinese 2 batteries and and charger last year for $10 ... Hell I bought two sets and they have been faithful to me til this very day .. I never have used them as a primary battery ... Just for backup til my OEM Battery as full again ... The HTC EVO 3D community will find a great source for the Chinese batts soon and again Thousands will be purchased.
    Not saying you will but just thought I'd give people a word of caution. I learned the hard way about buying online from overseas and it crapped out on me after less than a month. When I tried to contact the manufacturer to get it fixed (I bought it new) they told me it was a knockoff and they couldn't do anything for me. They also told me they as well as a vast majority of other companies have a huge problem with knockoffs coming out of Hong Kong as well as China.

What's the difference between HTC EVO 3D's original battery- 1730 mAh lithium-ion battery and eBay's battery- 1850mAh lithium-ion battery?

I don't know if Chinese people DO have EVO 3D and if they do, they WOULD tell which battery is right match.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

I'm gonna try to get along with the OEM battery til Seidio comes out with an extended one. I am pessimistically assuming that a heavy web surfer such as myself is going to want an extended battery, though I'd be thrilled to be wrong.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Already ordered a three pack with the wall charger off fleabay...