Don't know what to do with your Palm Pre after you get your Evo3d? (Video)

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Went through four Pre's in less than a year. Decided it was worth it for me to buy an Evo out of contract to avoid the nonsense, and don't regret it at all. Trading it in for the Evo 3D on the 24th.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Funny Pre Story...

I got a ticket for going against a one way. I took pictures of the area where I turned on the street to prove they didn't have correct signage. I printed one of the pictures and brought it to court.

When I got to court, you are required to power down your phone completely. I showed the judge the picture I printed and he said well, that's just from one angle, you could have purposely took it from a bad angle. I said I have a lot more photos on my phone from other angles. He wanted to see them. It took so long for my Pre to power up, he just said he would take my word, but boy is that phone slow.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Funny Pre Story...

I got a ticket for going against a one way. I took pictures of the area where I turned on the street to prove they didn't have correct signage. I printed one of the pictures and brought it to court.

When I got to court, you are required to power down your phone completely. I showed the judge the picture I printed and he said well, that's just from one angle, you could have purposely took it from a bad angle. I said I have a lot more photos on my phone from other angles. He wanted to see them. It took so long for my Pre to power up, he just said he would take my word, but boy is that phone slow.

LOL HP should be embarrassed to release a phone with a 3+ minute boot time....smh

Reactions: BiGsMiLeSKyLe

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Funny Pre Story...

Holy crap that had me laughing man.....wow...good one!

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Funny Pre Story...

LMAO! :D

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
My 1st Pre was replaced about 2 months ago after it wouldn't power up after the battery started death. 20 months and not one of the problems so many people had. My new one, new and given to me by Sprint, has been even better with a few hardware differences. Thanks to Phantomskinz the screen was saved from a bad toss onto a gravel lot and it's still like new and running great. This one is overclocked which makes a massive difference in performance. I never knew the progress ball was supposed to rotate smoothly. LOL I'm running Free Tether and besides it being super easy and smooth, it's ran perfectly. Everything else, along with all my patches, has been great.

I love having Touchstone's in both the house and truck so it's always got a place to sit. I have to be one of the luckiest Pre owners who's been happy with it for 2 years. I bought my daughter an EVO and actually thought that would sway me, but I actually appreciated WebOS even more.

That said, app support is dead, HP just took 3rd party access to App's away, (Announced through Preware late last week) and frankly, my Pre sited within the display of the EVO and my eyes don't like that.

That said, I'll have a new EVO 3D and a new, sweet running Pre with a couple of touchstones, 2-3 other Palm chargers possibly ready for sale to a diehard Pre fan. I just have to find both of them and see which will give me the most $$$ for it. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair