Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Don't know what to do with your Palm Pre after you get your Evo3d? (Video)

This is for all the Pre converts that kept believing when the Evo 4G came out, but finally saw the light. So just in case you don't know what to do with your old Pre, well...try this...

This guy has the right idea!

Thanked by:

Man, I really liked my pre and webos. It's the lack of support that truly killed it for me
    And the slightly too frequent too many cards up warnings
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by eriseth View Post
    Man, I really liked my pre and webos. It's the lack of support that truly killed it for me
    And the slightly too frequent too many cards up warnings
    I tried to love it, I really did....but all the "too many cards" errors, the slow performance, the slow starting of apps, the lack of apps, the jerky and laggyness, the crappy build quality, the lack of support, it was too much. I remember how ecstatic I was when the second big update gave us a blinking notification light! I mean come on....that should have been there out of the box!

My phone didn't drown, but a Hooters girl has it now! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I tried to love it, I really did....but all the "too many cards" errors, the slow performance, the slow starting of apps, the lack of apps, the jerky and laggyness, the crappy build quality, the lack of support, it was too much. I remember how ecstatic I was when the second big update gave us a blinking notification light! I mean come on....that should have been there out of the box!

Well said, all those things, add to that the lack of API's! Apple releases about 1000 with every update...can the Pre even do voice recordings or augmented reality yet? The OS was awesome at first but like any love/hate relationship you grow to hate what makes you miserable...I hate the pre and would never invest in a company that releases the HP VEER in freaking 2011, the year of the dualcore monsters...

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

I'm surprise how long the Pre stayed on lol ... I'll be giving my Pre to my little kids so they can play with the games

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

I had owned a Palm and carried one daily for over ten years, so abandoning Palm to get my EVO was tough. My Pre has still served in a small way this past year. It has been my backup phone that I would have pulled out if an accident had nailed my EVO. I won't need it for that anymore, but I don't think I can bear to do anything nasty to it even though I am disappointed in Palm and HP.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

I actually pulled the Palm out of storage and popped in the battery a few months ago. Via wifi I installed an update and surfed the web a bit. Gawd the screen was tiny and things were sluggish. It was funny to have to flick cards away again after I'd had so much trouble breaking myself of the habit after going to Android.

I put the Pre away after a few minutes and haven't missed it since!

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Why would you ever destroy a phone? Thats just a plain waste of money.

With the plam pre, you can metadoctor it, and it becomes a cool pda/mp3 player.

I think it's trade in value is 25 bucks, so its not worth it to trade in. I'd just make it a mp3 player/mobile pda and either give it to friend or use when working out or something.

Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    Why would you ever destroy a phone? Thats just a plain waste of money.

With the plam pre, you can metadoctor it, and it becomes a cool pda/mp3 player.

I think it's trade in value is 25 bucks, so its not worth it to trade in. I'd just make it a mp3 player/mobile pda and either give it to friend or use when working out or something.
    Well in this case, the guy's boss offered to buy him a new iPhone if he did this, so I think I'd do that too :-p

I'll put it in my closet with my Sony Betamax and HD DVD player.

Anyone feeling brave? Post this to precentral hahah, those guys would go crazy

sent from my palm pre..soon to be EVO 3D
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Anyone feeling brave? Post this to precentral hahah, those guys would go crazy

sent from my palm pre..soon to be EVO 3D
    That's where I saw it back in the day. I just rememberd it and looked for it on YouTube, and yes, there was a very long thread about it and yes, everyone was in an uproar!

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendmat View Post
    Well in this case, the guy's boss offered to buy him a new iPhone if he did this, so I think I'd do that too :-p
    You are right. as would I.

And I guess entertainment value alone is worth dumping it.

Loyal Pre fan here, but enough has been said about it to justify why it was so highly recommended and talked about. But one thing that i think we can all agree on is the Touchstone was one of the best parts to the phone. I don't know what i am going to do now with it once i get the Evo 3D, wish the that HTC will come out with a wireless charger like what they did for the Thunderbolt. I stinks but i just need so much more functionality from my phone now that HP refuses to give us. Thanks HP for making us keep 1.4.5. And this video is pretty old OP
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BiGsMiLeSKyLe View Post
    Loyal Pre fan here, but enough has been said about it to justify why it was so highly recommended and talked about. But one thing that i think we can all agree on is the Touchstone was one of the best parts to the phone. I don't know what i am going to do now with it once i get the Evo 3D, wish the that HTC will come out with a wireless charger like what they did for the Thunderbolt. I stinks but i just need so much more functionality from my phone now that HP refuses to give us. Thanks HP for making us keep 1.4.5. And this video is pretty old OP
    I know it's old, I just mentioed that about two posts ago. Just seeing how many former Pre users are here now, it would be fun to post.

It's new to me. Thanks for posting Manny. And I also agree that the Touchstone was the best thing about owning a Pre. It will take some getting used to but am looking forward to a fresh and more productive start.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

That pretty much sums up how I feel. I really, really wanted WebOS and the Pre to do well, but it just wasn't meant to be. Not to mention that the Pre3 will essentially be the phone we should've had from the beginning. Too little to late.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I will probably be doing this. I will take immense pleasure in doing this. I've had 4 Palm Pre's in 2 years. Cracked screens starting near the charger port every time, broken power buttons, terrible support in general. I love the intuitive UI but HP stating that WebOS 2.X and flash wouldn't be coming to legacy devices was the nail in the coffin for me. I was promised flash just a couple months after launch and now will never get it on my Pre. I saw the Evo 3D, my roommate has the Evo 4G, and even though I'm not a huge Android fan, the Evo 3D looks to be the best thing going on Sprint.

As much as I'd love to chuck my Pre in a vat of beer, it has some really cool games my kid loves. I'll just have her play with it and use it as my gym music player
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't drink beer, but I suppose to a lot of people that was a waste of beer. That guy was pretty brave/stupid drinking that beer while the phone was in there. I mean...there's chemicals in that phone. I wonder if he grew a third ear in the mean time...

i plan on my fifth pre breaking from normal use.

Went through four Pre's in less than a year. Decided it was worth it for me to buy an Evo out of contract to avoid the nonsense, and don't regret it at all. Trading it in for the Evo 3D on the 24th.

Funny Pre Story...

I got a ticket for going against a one way. I took pictures of the area where I turned on the street to prove they didn't have correct signage. I printed one of the pictures and brought it to court.

When I got to court, you are required to power down your phone completely. I showed the judge the picture I printed and he said well, that's just from one angle, you could have purposely took it from a bad angle. I said I have a lot more photos on my phone from other angles. He wanted to see them. It took so long for my Pre to power up, he just said he would take my word, but boy is that phone slow.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Funny Pre Story...

I got a ticket for going against a one way. I took pictures of the area where I turned on the street to prove they didn't have correct signage. I printed one of the pictures and brought it to court.

When I got to court, you are required to power down your phone completely. I showed the judge the picture I printed and he said well, that's just from one angle, you could have purposely took it from a bad angle. I said I have a lot more photos on my phone from other angles. He wanted to see them. It took so long for my Pre to power up, he just said he would take my word, but boy is that phone slow.
    LOL HP should be embarrassed to release a phone with a 3+ minute boot time....smh
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Funny Pre Story...

Holy crap that had me laughing man.....wow...good one!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast