non-upgrade price confusion? (Radio Shack)

486sx33

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
so i am completely confused and would love if someone could clear this up for me...

I got the e-mail notification from Radio Shack showing the release date of the evo3d and in the fine print i see the non-upgrade, or unsubsidized, or full price listed at $599! If that were the price i'de be okay with it, the galaxy s2 unlocked is like $700 so it wouldn't be a crazy price. What confuses me is that i'm seeing ppl say full price is $499, or $449 or less at some other retailers. I went to the Sprint website and it showed a price without upgrade of $449. I will be buying the phone without an upgrade and already have it pre-ordered with Radio Shack, but I wont pay an extra $150 for nothing. Does anyone know if Radio Shack will be adjusting the price? should i cancel and pre-order somwhere else? is the world really gonna end in 2012? ... man i need answers :confused:

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
This is quite confusing. The off-contract price seems to vary from place to place. At radio shack and wirefly it sells for 600.Best buy seems crazy at 700. Sprint seems to sell it for 550, amazon has the cheapest price, 469. So what i would do is cancel the radio shack order (if possible), and get it from amazon for over 100 bucks cheaper. Be aware though that most likely you won't get your phone on launch date if you order online from amazon. Also, if you don't want to order online, get it at walmart where it is for 499. Either way i suggest cancelling your order EVEN if you can't get a refund, because a 120$ saving is more than the 50$ you put into the gift card.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OR you could try to get the people at Radio Shack to try to get you the phone with an upgrade discount. They might want the sale bad enough and have some sort of pull to be able to do it. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance