Evo 3D - Make use of the return policy if necessary

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I hear a lot of people complaining about their phones, bad battery life, bad reception, etc.

When I bought the Evo 4G on launch date last year I put it through its paces and determined that I simply could not live with the battery life. I returned the phone, got all of my money back, after 29 days of use. Sprint rocks!

I would encourage everyone who is buying the Evo 3D (like me) to NOT "wait until its fixed" if the Evo 3D suffers from any strange issues that severely hamper the way you enjoy your phone. Instead of bitc*ing about it on the Internet, take it BACK TO THE STORE! Phone manufacturers will continue to use early adopters as beta testers until we start talking with our wallets.

Despite all the bad experiences I've had with the Evo 4G, I have very high hopes in the Evo 3D and believe that HTC has made the most desirable smartphone on the market. But I refuse to let brand loyalty or stubbornness make me put up with a half-broken phone.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
While I agree with your "show them with your wallet" statement, I have to disagree on the take it back immediately thinking. Anytime you get a modern phone, you have to expect some problems. There are just too many edge cases that the testing with controlled groups doesn't uncover. If you don't want any problems, just wait a few weeks/months before you buy your phone. Look how many software/firmware updates the iPhone/PS3/Wii have gotten. You can test a reasonable amount and number of cases. You can't catch everything.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure they addressed all the.issues with the EVO. I get a day (24 full hours) out of my battery. I say give something a chance instead of complaining or returning unless the phone won't make calls or send texts...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy return policy?

I have heard that all cell phones, no matter where you purchase and activate them will honor a 30 day return policy (by law). Is this accurate? For some reason I remember some places are only 14 days. Does anyone know Best Buy's return policy? Calling my store is a pain. Figured someone would know. Thanks.