Benchmarks

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading all of the lame reviews that have been posted and first want to thank Phil and company for holding out to put something more substantial together.

I know benchmarks aren't the be-all, end-all but can we get some with a production version of the EVO 3D? The pre-production benchmarks looked good but not what I was expecting out of a 1.2ghz dual-core phone. Hopefully there was some attention on speeding that up a little.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
They're in the 2,000 range, or so I've heard.
EDIT: they could legitimately be better than the SGS2 if it weren't for the qHD display

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately Qualcomm is still using the same Scorpion core they have bee using for about a year now while the newer dual core processors are using the new ARM cortex a9 which provides some extra horse power over a core that, while still is a good core, is starting to show its age when pitted against the Tegra 2 or Samsung exynos. Its still is a good phone its just that Qualcomm dropped the ball on the third gen Snapdragon.

From Archos With Love

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
They're in the 2,000 range, or so I've heard.
EDIT: they could legitimately be better than the SGS2 if it weren't for the qHD display

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

The difference in resolution isn't enough to make that much of a difference.

From Archos With Love

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
You guys forgot one MAJOR thing, the fact that the benchmark apps aren't optimized to use both of the cores of this processor, and only one of them works for the benchmark. I say wait for ice cream sandwich where most likely android will take advantage of the dual cores of this processor.

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You guys forgot one MAJOR thing, the fact that the benchmark apps aren't optimized to use both of the cores of this processor, and only one of them works for the benchmark. I say wait for ice cream sandwich where most likely android will take advantage of the dual cores of this processor.

If that's the case why is the Galaxy S2 scoring in the 3,000 range? The display will account for some of it but that's a pretty big difference.

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was considering buying the Galaxy SII, but one thing that i hate it touch wiz... I can't stand it really, i love the HTC sense though. We;ll see how it comes out with the evo 3d. If it doesn't meet my expectations as the all around great phone, I will just return it after a month right in time for the galaxy SII.
I wish they made a phone with the hardware of the Galaxy sII and the UI of HTC sense. That would be my dream phone. But still there is something about HTC phones that draws me to them.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately Qualcomm is still using the same Scorpion core they have bee using for about a year now while the newer dual core processors are using the new ARM cortex a9 which provides some extra horse power over a core that, while still is a good core, is starting to show its age when pitted against the Tegra 2 or Samsung exynos. Its still is a good phone its just that Qualcomm dropped the ball on the third gen Snapdragon.

From Archos With Love

Not true the second gen snapdragon that was in thundebrolt was atleast 50% faster then the original snapdragon from the evo 4g. Cortex A9 is no faster than the new snapdragon dual cores, the screen is pushin 35% more pixels. You are mistaken if you think that the snapdragons are slower compared to tegra 2 based phones. The new snapdragon works differently then previous phones, it actually wouldn't push both cores 100% unless the app demands it. if the app is single core optimized I think it splits the load 50/50 among both cores.

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was considering buying the Galaxy SII, but one thing that i hate it touch wiz... I can't stand it really, i love the HTC sense though. We;ll see how it comes out with the evo 3d. If it doesn't meet my expectations as the all around great phone, I will just return it after a month right in time for the galaxy SII.
I wish they made a phone with the hardware of the Galaxy sII and the UI of HTC sense. That would be my dream phone. But still there is something about HTC phones that draws me to them.

Personally I love the hardware of Samsung but their software leaves something to be desired. Not too mention that Samsung seems to abandon their products much faster than HTC. HTC does a fair job of keeping it products up to date long after everyone else has given up on theirs and their software is top notch. My last two phones have been Samsung and within less than a year they went the way of the dodo. As for me Samsung would really have to step up that side of the game to get me to consider getting another of their phones.