Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Are you still impressed with the 3d or is it time for another device

After all these reviews are you guys still set on buying the 3d. For one, some reviews mentioned the call quality and also some comparing screen with other phones and it being not as great even at 960x540 res. Those were the 2 things I didn't want to hear about the phone. So now I'm thinking twice about buying it.

EDIT: For those that received theirs already, are you still just as impressed?
    Last edited by aznmode; 06-22-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Well, we're starting to see more positve reviews coming out. The reviews didn't change my mind one bit. All the complaining was about the 3D which is just a bonus that you don't have to use. Although it's better to not want it and have it then want it and not have it.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

NOPE! My Evo 3D is waiting for me next friday!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    After all these reviews are you guys still set on buying the 3d. For one, some reviews mentioned the call quality and also some comparing screen with other phones and it being not as great even at 960x540 res. Those were the 2 things I didn't want to hear about the phone. So now I'm thinking twice about buying it.
    what about screen? most of them said it looked as sharp as any screen they have seen with Qhd resolution. Reviews are reviews I can point out the ones that said good things about it. I dont let someone tell me what to buy, I can choose for myself. I got thirty days to pass my own opinion. If it does suck i will move on to another phone, but so far it has not changed my mind. I will still be getting this phone.

I already have mine preordered so im going to get it either way but im definitely worried now. The 3d doesn't really worry me but the fact that everyone keeps saying that the phone gets lousy 4g and 3g signals and call quality is bad does.throw in the lack of a kickstand and instead of having the USB and HDMI ports separated they have them together with that new technology (MHL) which we can't even use yet and that they're located on the side instead of at the bottom, my excitement over this phone has dropped big time. Im not even half as excited over this phone as i was with my EVO4G.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    what about screen? most of them said it looked as sharp as any screen they have seen with Qhd resolution. Reviews are reviews I can point out the ones that said good things about it. I dont let someone tell me what to buy, I can choose for myself. I got thirty days to pass my own opinion. If it does suck i will move on to another phone, but so far it has not changed my mind. I will still be getting this phone.
    If you look at the engadget video review they compared it side to side with the S2 and droidx2. I was a bit dissapointed when I saw that. One of the reasons I want the 3d is because of its 3d glasses less screen but I was assuming in 2d it would also be better.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by boriqua2000 View Post
    I already have mine preordered so im going to get it either way but im definitely worried now. The 3d doesn't really worry me but the fact that everyone keeps saying that the phone gets lousy 4g and 3g signals and call quality is bad does.throw in the lack of a kickstand and instead of having the USB and HDMI ports separated they have them together with that new technology (MHL) which we can't even use yet and that they're located on the side instead of at the bottom, my excitement over this phone has dropped big time. Im not even half as excited over this phone as i was with my EVO4G.
    Totally agree with all your points.

If you look at the engadget video review they compared it side to side with the S2 and droidx2. I was a bit dissapointed when I saw that. One of the reasons I want the 3d is because of its 3d glasses less screen but I was assuming in 2d it would also be better.
    It's not like you're going to constantly keep a SGS2 or a Droid X2 next to the phone while using it. The screen will look just fine while using it, and I doubt it will seem bad in person

Quote Originally Posted by Djblue View Post
    It's not like you're going to constantly keep a SGS2 or a Droid X2 next to the phone while using it. The screen will look just fine while using it, and I doubt it will seem bad in person
    How can the EVO3D's QHD seem worse than the Droid X2's pentile configuration which renders it lower than the actual resolution? To say the least, reviews are simply subjective opinions - that why they all differ in relation to the same subject. I saw the Droid X2's screen and I wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I was with the Sensation's. I definitely was not impressed with Atrix's screen and that has a much higher PPI than the Droid X2.

Quote Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
    How can the EVO3D's QHD seem worse than the Droid X2's pentile configuration which renders it lower than the actual resolution? To say the least, reviews are simply subjective opinions - that why they all differ in relation to the same subject. I saw the Droid X2's screen and I wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I was with the Sensation's. I definitely was not impressed with Atrix's screen and that has a much higher PPI than the Droid X2.
    Lol why are you quoting me? I never said I liked the Droid X2 screen, nor did I say it was better.I've been telling people reviews are opinions since yesterday lol so no need to tell me that either. I'm not a fan of pentile myself and I don't know if you have seen the engadget review or not, but the Droid X2 seems to have a better viewing angle then the Evo 3d pentile or not.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Djblue View Post
    I hope youre right and I wont have buyers remorse. I was initially waiting for the SGS2 to come to Sprint when it was first announced and then switched mind when the 3d was announced.

I was planning to pre-order this. Now, I think I will wait until the GS2 comes out on Sprint before I make up my mind. To be honest, it is only Sense 3.0 that keeps the 3D in the running for me.
    Thanked by:
    S_C_B 
    Banned

Well, how long are you willing to wait? The S2 looks to be coming to Sprint July 24th, the Photon in August and the new Nexus is supposed to have a 1.5Ghz dual core with a 1280x720 full HD display that blows everything else we have seen away by Thanksgiving.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

on to the next one...for me i aint impressed with it
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by FocusFreak View Post
    Well, how long are you willing to wait? The S2 looks to be coming to Sprint July 24th, the Photon in August and the new Nexus is supposed to have a 1.5Ghz dual core with a 1280x720 full HD display that blows everything else we have seen away by Thanksgiving.
    If the S2 is confirmed July 24th then I'll have a plan B.

I have it pre-ordered, so I'm getting it regardless. Reviews have me a bit worried (though I'm an easily worried person).

If the Galaxy S2 was out I'd probably get that, but I'm upgrading from a four-year-old RAZR V3, so at this point just getting a smartphone is top priority and I think the EVO 3D will be more than fine even with some of the flaws these reviews have found.

Have to say though, I am relieved that Sense 3.0 is lag-free on the EVO 3D. Was a big concern of mine after trying out the Sensation.

If the S2 is confirmed July 24th then I'll have a plan B.
    it hasn't even been close to confirmed, its just a small small rumor flying around, for gods sake it hasn't even been announced yet so why someone would think that it will come before the Photon I really don't know.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    it hasn't even been close to confirmed, its just a small small rumor flying around, for gods sake it hasn't even been announced yet so why someone would think that it will come before the Photon I really don't know.
    That is true though with samsung history. Even if its confirmed it might get delayed. lol.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

i have been excited for this phone for a while now. I'm coming from a pre and this will be my first Android experience. excited for friday woot!

I am still sticking with the HTC EVO 3D!

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    i have been excited for this phone for a while now. I'm coming from a pre and this will be my first Android experience. excited for friday woot!
    Same boat woot! woot!
    Thanked by:
    kerred 

I'm upgrading from a Windows Mobile run, HTC Touch Pro 2 and have enjoyed the HTC product, but admit that WIndows Mobile is almost certainly the worst user interface out there. So I will be happy to have the 3D... That said, what I will probably do is instead of buying it on the 24th like I was planning too. I will likely wait a week or two and then upon further research and actually using the phone should the Samsung Galaxy II come out in late July/Early August I still have that chance to swap out within the 30 days. Seems like the safest bet for me.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melaza View Post
    Same boat woot! woot!
    me three

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

I can't wait to have this phone in my hands and enjoy all of its goodness!

Would never let a reviewer that more than likely has his own bias, tell me which phone to buy. I'm the best reviewer for me. Damn near every aspect of this phone is better than the original, period. So I can't wait to get my hands on this beast.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast