The official bloggers review thread.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
What about the increased pixel density of the screen only second to the retina display, double the ram, a 3d screen w/o glasses, 3d cameras capable of 720p 3d and 1080p 2d, also another big feature that people are not really talking about is the addition of the gyroscope I have an iPhone 4 and the gyro really does help a lot when dealing with any app or game that deals with the phones position in space.

The pictures from this review really look good almost identical to what the retina display looks like. The other pics from other reviews were kind of blurry so I'm glad to see this :)

Pixel density is nothing without vibrance and good viewing angles. The EVO 3D looked very dull, and viewing angles were not so good. When we stuck it next to the iPhone 4, it looked horrid. The problem with that for me? I hate the iPhone 4. It's already been reviewed and I have seen it myself. The EVO 3D does not do 1080p in 2D, and the 3D 720p is two frames put together, which in turn will suffer severe banding as a few reviews stated. 3D is a gimmick, plain and simple. Hasn't caught on in the TV world, didn't catch on the 3DS and won't here. The other thing is that the EVO 3D uses the same QHD Pentile Matrix LCD, same as Atrix. Not a fan of that display. http://www.anandtech.com/show/4165/the-motorola-atrix-4g-preview/4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UgDpwaDh78

Sensation vs iPhone 4 vs GS2. Sensation has same screen as EVO 3D. Just remember guys that QHD is not the display, that is the resolution. The panel is a SLCD on the Sensation/EVO 3D, OLED on the GS2, and IPS LCD on the iPhone 4.

Last edited:

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Its funny how people are so accepting of a review that tells them what they want to hear and so critical of one that doesnt.

Reviews don't even matter to me, I never go by reviews. I couldn't give a flying flipper if it was positive or negative because a review is an opinion. I go by my own opinions and if I honestly don't like the phone i'll take it back before the 3o days are up to get the GS2:eek:

rayimster

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The other thing is that the EVO 3D uses the same QHD Pentile Matrix LCD, same as Atrix. Not a fan of that display.

That's not true at all. the evo 3d display is NOT pentile. Tell me if I'm wrong, but pentile is only on amoled displays. The evo3d has SLCD.

It does not have the same screen as the atrix or x2.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
That's not true at all. the evo 3d display is NOT pentile. Tell me if I'm wrong, but pentile is only on amoled displays. The evo3d has SLCD.

It does not have the same screen as the atrix or x2.

Yeah you are correct it has no pentile display....someone should get their facts straight

joejoe1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
They said in the reivew there is no google talk video chat. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this?

Nevertheless, we'd like to see Sprint and HTC update the EVO 3D to Android 2.3.4 so users can make video calls using Google Talk.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Reviews don't even matter to me, I never go by reviews. I couldn't give a flying flipper if it was positive or negative because a review is an opinion. I go by my own opinions and if I honestly don't like the phone i'll take it back before the 3o days are up to get the GS2:eek:

I keep hearing this 30day thing, but isnt that just for new customers? Or is this confirmed to be anytime you buy a new phone and just dont like it? They really support a test drive feature?

Something about this sounds like it may not really be the case.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing this 30day thing, but isnt that just for new customers? Or is this confirmed to be anytime you buy a new phone and just dont like it? They really support a test drive feature?

Yes you have 30days to return a phone if you don't like it. New and existing customers.
If you are an existing customer and buy the phone from a Sprint store you will pay a restocking fee.

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
They said in the reivew there is no google talk video chat. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this?
It doesn't come with the latest android version, so yes it's true. Right now only Nexus S users and do video chat between phones using google talk (as far as I know). That feature was introduced in 2.3.4 and it looks like the evo 3d comes with 2.3.3. Of course, someone will probably find a way to get it to work like they have with the evo 4g.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

Yes everybody can do it new or upgrade, that's why I don't understand why people are automatically deciding against the phone after seeing some opinions(reviews) other people had about the phone. Use the 30 days as a trial period....then if you don't like it return and if the GS2 does come out the 24th of July simply get that with your upgrade.

Last edited:

mr.brand

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
PC Mag Review

HTC EVO 3D (Sprint) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Another review for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

3/5 stars. Reviewer experienced poor call quality, average 2D picture quality. Also mentioned that the parallax screen overlay diminishes the brightness of the display. Performance/benchmarks were a high note.

Seems like 2D photos and call quality are hit and miss so far. Half the reviews are positive, the other half not so much.

Have to admit, I am a bit worried that I put down $50 on a preorder now, but then again I can always return it if it turns out to be a total flop. Not buying for the 3D, so I'm really hoping the 2D features aren't as bad as some of these reviews point out.

Reactions: Djblue

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Screen brightness? Hmm I have my evo 4G set to less than 50% brightness so I don't think screen brightness is something that will show up on my complaint list.
Gotta wait to find out what the real story is as far as call quality and connectivity.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I read this and am also concerned. Sounds like the Nexus 4G issue.
Other reviewers didn't have the same issue but how many actually talk about call quality?

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
That review was short and it gave the 3VO a thumbs up, but didn't mention a thing about call quality and/or connectivity... Oh well...

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Conflicting Reviews?

So what's with such conflicting reviews? I get that reviews are subject to the reviewers bias and other variables come into play...but there seems to be alot more of conflicting reports from the reviews Ive read. Is it possible they got different versions? One thing that seems similar with a number of them is bad call quality...hopefully thats a software issue rather than a hardware issue.

All I know is Im thankful that with the 30day return at Sprint that I can pickup an EVO3D next Friday and check it out myself. If I dont like it...hopefully whatever version of the galaxy S2 will be announced and coming soon for me to switch over too. Im not big into the 3D...I just want a killer phone with great battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000