The official bloggers review thread.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
There are a lot of great reviews popping up for the EVO 3D. Phil posted an initial review and hands on video; both of which are posted below. I know a lot of you have been posting stories from other sites as well, so I'll move them into this thread so readers have a consolidated thread they can turn to for the complete run down. One last thing... Check out this thread for AC's initial hands on at CTIA and full specs.

Watch The Hands On

Reactions: Djblue

famedflea

May 25, 2011
Visit site
phonedog.com unboxing video.

Yeah I know its ANOTHER unboxing video, but this is by phonedog.com

its 8 minutes long, and he does a great job.

but honestly if you have seen one you have seen them all.

:D

Reactions: EJG and MannyZ28

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Great review. And it says a lot that someone at BGR likes a phone that doesn't have an I in front of it. So as much as this guy liked it, I would say the people that are getting this device will be in love with it. And did you see the great signal part? I'm sold.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i am glad to hear that too, I am still curious how the screen looks compared to the Sensation since I finally got to play with one of those and it really looked great. The call quality issue I couldn't care less about, as long as I can understand what the caller is saying, i am happy.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
On one hand the display is pretty sharp, colors look great, and it’s decently bright. On the other, because of the 3D stereoscopic screen overlay, it’s not as sharp as other HTC devices like the Sensation 4G.

This was my fear. I don't care much about the 3D, but I do care if it makes the 2D experience worse.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I am very sure this is just a false statement made by an uninformed person.

Maybe. But maybe not. There seems to be a lot of people here dismissing various complaints in each review that shows up based on the ignorance of the reviewers. I've been using HTC phones for a long time, and expect a lot from them. It is feeling like they dropped the ball, at least partially, with this phone. All the reviews agree it is a good phone, but no one seems to think it is a fantastic phone. I was hoping this would be like the Evo 4G, where most reviewers agreed it was really something special.

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe. But maybe not. There seems to be a lot of people here dismissing various complaints in each review that shows up based on the ignorance of the reviewers. I've been using HTC phones for a long time, and expect a lot from them. It is feeling like they dropped the ball, at least partially, with this phone. All the reviews agree it is a good phone, but no one seems to think it is a fantastic phone. I was hoping this would be like the Evo 4G, where most reviewers agreed it was really something special.

We will all find out by ourselves in a week or so. So i wouldn't worry too much as we can return if major problems occur. I think many of these reviews are made by fanboys and people that over hype the bad and underestimate the good of this phone. But once again i can't say anything because I didn't have a chance to see the phone yet.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
We will all find out by ourselves in a week or so. So i wouldn't worry too much as we can return if major problems occur. I think many of these reviews are made by fanboys and people that over hype the bad and underestimate the good of this phone. But once again i can't say anything because I didn't have a chance to see the phone yet.

These reviews aren't from random bloggers playing with a phone. They are from well known review sites who review tons of phones.

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
These reviews aren't from random bloggers playing with a phone. They are from well known review sites who review tons of phones.

As I said, we can't judge a phone based on reviews that are often unbiased. We will have to wait for ourselves to see if the phone isn't really that great as we hoped it would be.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
The photo looks very good actually, nice to see a good one. Video is not good at all though IMO. As with the Evo 4G, it has serious issues with rolling shutter making it unusable unless you are standing perfectly still. Look at it roll and wobble as they cross the street and walk. The buildings look like they are moving. Unacceptable for a device that is trying to sell you on its camera capabilities.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I do agree in the verdict that maybe some should wait for the Photon or even the GS2. To me the EVO 3D doesn't seem like a sequel hit. The Dual-core Snap and Sense 3.0 are really the only two features worth noting.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I do agree in the verdict that maybe some should wait for the Photon or even the GS2. To me the EVO 3D doesn't seem like a sequel hit. The Dual-core Snap and Sense 3.0 are really the only two features worth noting.

What about the increased pixel density of the screen only second to the retina display, double the ram, a 3d screen w/o glasses, 3d cameras capable of 720p 3d and 1080p 2d, also another big feature that people are not really talking about is the addition of the gyroscope I have an iPhone 4 and the gyro really does help a lot when dealing with any app or game that deals with the phones position in space.

The pictures from this review really look good almost identical to what the retina display looks like. The other pics from other reviews were kind of blurry so I'm glad to see this :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo