Sense 3.0 is really good

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'll admit I was not a fan Sense and always used a launcher instead but I played with a Sensation yesterday and its really good. How good? Well, I now have the HTC Sensation haha. I still have the Nexus S 4G though, I have been doing my own dogfighting with them around town. There is no clear winner really. There are things I prefer on the Nexus and things I like better on the Sensation. Just goes to show there really is no perfect phone. I was wrong about Sense 3.0 though, its great and you guys getting the 3D will love it I am sure. Anyone played with it yet?

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Any problems with the so called "death grip" issue. Some reviewers thought the EVO 3D ran the Sense 3.0 better than the Sensation, any problems with lag.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Focus is gonna be pissed that you hacked his account.

haha.

No problems with lag so far but yes, the "death grip" issue is there. You have to press your palm against the back of the phone, especially up top of it and the wifi signal goes bye bye. Couldnt get it to shut off, maybe you have to press harder or hold it longer but I can get it to drop to 1 bar, move your hand and it shoots back up.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Glad you like it. Sounds and looks like a great device. Honestly if T-mobile had better coverage here, I would probably get this phone.

97ws6

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you had a chance to test call quality yet? It seems like there are no actual phone reviews of this device. Can you test both ear and speaker for us?

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you had a chance to test call quality yet? It seems like there are no actual phone reviews of this device. Can you test both ear and speaker for us?

Yes, I have tested call. Its pretty good but sounds slightly muffled when you are talking to someone on it. They sound great but you sound a bit off, not bad but it just doesnt sound crisp. Not really a problem though. However, the speakerphone is terrible. Even all the way up, you have to have the phone close to your ear to hear anything and it crackles like a blown speaker. Going back to TMobile today and will test theirs and see if its just mine. I think its that way with them all though.

97ws6

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have tested call. Its pretty good but sounds slightly muffled when you are talking to someone on it. They sound great but you sound a bit off, not bad but it just doesnt sound crisp. Not really a problem though. However, the speakerphone is terrible. Even all the way up, you have to have the phone close to your ear to hear anything and it crackles like a blown speaker. Going back to TMobile today and will test theirs and see if its just mine. I think its that way with them all though.
Thanks.

(insert obligatory) Well maybe it will be better on the 3D.

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Sniff sniff I smell a trap either that like someone else said, your account got hacked ;) lol*. Anyway I'm glad you appreciate sense a little more. You know my Evo's speakerphone has never been to good either, I wish they just put better speakers on these already!

*In now way are any of the above comments intended to be hurtful, offensive, or vulgar, nor are they a personal attack on op. It was just a jest. Thank you for not giving me another infraction or deleting my post!

Last edited:

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
How's the call quality through a bluetooth headset?

Havent tested that yet as I do not own one. Think I will be keeping the Sensation and returning the Nexus. To be honest, the only thing I like better on the Nexus is the speakerphone haha. Everything from the battery life and the screen to the camera and build quality is better on the Sensation IMO. Speaking of battery life. Its been off the charger for 12 hours now and with a few short calls, texts, several 1080p videos, photos and web browsing I am still at 58% on the Sensation. Doing the same things on the Nexus with an added 5 minutes of talk time, the battery is at 74% and its only been off the charger for 4hrs and 37 minutes AND I am using the Seidio 1750 battery which is better than the stock Nexus battery. So yea.

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
haha.

No problems with lag so far but yes, the "death grip" issue is there. You have to press your palm against the back of the phone, especially up top of it and the wifi signal goes bye bye. Couldnt get it to shut off, maybe you have to press harder or hold it longer but I can get it to drop to 1 bar, move your hand and it shoots back up.

Hmm I got one question. When you saw the evo 3d reviews, did you notice the speed difference between it and your sensation?

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I got one question. When you saw the evo 3d reviews, did you notice the speed difference between it and your sensation?

Yes but I dont trust Sprint anymore. Well, at least not with Gingerbread. The Nexus S, Evo Shift and Evo are all having signal issues on GB and Sprint is finally admitting its a widespread issue over on their forums. Seems their network and GB dont get along well which means the 3D will have the same signal issues. If thats really the case, there wont be a real fix until ICS is released. Not interested in having a new phone with signal issues all over again.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
Yes but I dont trust Sprint anymore. Well, at least not with Gingerbread. The Nexus S, Evo Shift and Evo are all having signal issues on GB and Sprint is finally admitting its a widespread issue over on their forums. Seems their network and GB dont get along well which means the 3D will have the same signal issues. If thats really the case, there wont be a real fix until ICS is released. Not interested in having a new phone with signal issues all over again.

what makes you say ICS will fix it and not a GB sprint patch?

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
what makes you say ICS will fix it and not a GB sprint patch?

Head over to the Sprint forum and read. Their techs were blaming Samsung and saying its a hardware issue while Samsung is blaming Sprint and Google saying its a software issue. They have tested 2 different fixes on some of the tech's phones and its still not working. Sprint is now saying its an issue with their network and GB.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
Head over to the Sprint forum and read. Their techs were blaming Samsung and saying its a hardware issue while Samsung is blaming Sprint and Google saying its a software issue. They have tested 2 different fixes on some of the tech's phones and its still not working. Sprint is now saying its an issue with their network and GB.

that doesn't implicitly mean we'll have to wait for ICS for a fix. It could be patched in GB still.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt that gingerbread is causing this issue, my friend updated his evo to gingerbread last week and he has had no issue with the network. May be there is an issue, I highly doubt they are so incompetent that they cant fix it, I mean seriously it is google we are talking about. I honestly have had no issues with my nexus, may be sometimes but not as bad as people have reported, but at home I never get disconnected on 4g and my speeds are around 5mb down.

I am getting the evo 3d anyways so it wouldn't matter in a week.

Last edited:

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

Can you post a link please, I can't find the thread.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Well tonight certainly sucked for TMobile service. Went to a restaurant where I have been many times and never had an issue with my Hero, Evo or Nexus on Sprint. My Sensation got no 4G at all. I got like 2 bars of 2G which is worthless and I had to walk outside to get the internet working and get movie times which is ridiculous. Then in the movie theater, I had zero signal, not even 2G. Even with the signal issues on the NS4G on Sprint, I could at least use my phone and not have to walk outdoors to get internet. I dont know if the issue is with TMobile or the Sensation cause my friends with TMobile havent had issues like this, maybe it was a fluke. As much as I like the Sensation, it may be going back, and quickly.