Iphone 4 to EVO 3d!!

Ryan13b

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had an Iphone for 3 years now, never used an android device. Got tired of apple taking 6 months to catch up to current demands and such and thought why not go with the EVO. My friend has the 4G, so I kinda know what I'm getting but I'm very excited to become apart of the android community. So any tips or helpful information would be appreciated as I know nothing! lol I'll be doing some searching so really just wanted to stop by and say hey.

acf3passion

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I preordered 3D myself and will be upgrading from crappy Blackberry.

Because I'm not a fanboy of either platform. I can tell you that you will be looking at a significant downgrade on camera (a big minus for me).

-iPhone camera is VERY hard to beat. It's quality is a top leader in industry.
+Android customization beats Apple iron grip
+4.3" screen which is better than Apple higher resolution actually

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
You're totally exaggerating the camera of the iphone 4.. It was better than the evo, but not THAT great. I already posted a video showing the evo 3d quality and it looks to be as good as the iphone 4's.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the EVO 4G and everyone is always amazed at the sharpness.and colors on my camera, including those using an iPhone. I think you will be very pleased. I'm looking forward to the new 3D.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had an Iphone for 3 years now, never used an android device. Got tired of apple taking 6 months to catch up to current demands and such and thought why not go with the EVO. My friend has the 4G, so I kinda know what I'm getting but I'm very excited to become apart of the android community. So any tips or helpful information would be appreciated as I know nothing! lol I'll be doing some searching so really just wanted to stop by and say hey.

Haha I'm in the same boat as you man. I have had an iPhone since the release day of the 3g and now im moving to the evo3d because apple hasn't done anything new or exciting to their UI and plus their authoritarianism approach to OUR electronics that we buy from them. I think we will be very satisfied with android I have played with my buddies evo a lot and sense is just awesome you will like it. :p

Jc3

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
i think you will probably be pleased with the switch from iphone... i personally can't stand iphones os. also, look into rooting... see if it's something you might be into. i will probably root my evo 3D but i won't be flashing any roms, i really like sense 3.0, but i must get rid of bloat ware. horrible horrible bloat ware.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I went from an EVO to an iPhone 4 and I didn't last more than a couple of weeks. There is too much that Android offers that IOS couldn't match. Anyone will be pleasantly surprised coming from an iPhone to Android. Especially if you are getting the EVO 3D.

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I went from the Evo 4g to the iPhone 4 and could not have been happier with my choice. Yes, Android can do more but what the iPhone does it does better than any other smartphone on the market. That said, I pre-ordered an Evo 3d in the hopes it would fix all the issues of the Evo 4g (battery life, sluggish response, questionable build quality). The reviews seem to indicate the evo 3d really isn't much better so I've cancelled my pre order.

My advice is to not port your number and keep your iPhone while you try out the Evo 3d to see if you like it.

For what it's worth, I'm getting a Droid Charge instead.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I went from the Evo 4g to the iPhone 4 and could not have been happier with my choice. Yes, Android can do more but what the iPhone does it does better than any other smartphone on the market. That said, I pre-ordered an Evo 3d in the hopes it would fix all the issues of the Evo 4g (battery life, sluggish response, questionable build quality). The reviews seem to indicate the evo 3d really isn't much better so I've cancelled my pre order.

My advice is to not port your number and keep your iPhone while you try out the Evo 3d to see if you like it.

If you're so satisfied with the iPhone 4 why are you coming back to android then :p

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're so satisfied with the iPhone 4 why are you coming back to android then :p

Maybe he didn't feel it was proper unless he were being overcharged. $300 on contract? More like the Droid Overcharge. Insanity! :p

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Ginger-on-Hero action here!

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

You are going to pay $100 more to get the Droid Charge over the EVO 3D? I don't understand why you would do that?

Last edited:

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I laughed when I read the iphone(aka idiotphone) lover's post. The iphone 4 can't even compare to the evo 4g, not mentioning evo 3d.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You are going to pay $100 more get the Droid Charge over the EVO 3D? I don't understand why you would do that?

Yeah and don't forget that Verizon likes to nickle and dime you to death, so there is a good chance your monthly fees will be higher as well!

Droid charge, interesting choice. Nice screen, single core, 4G if available in your area. It's a Samsung phone, so it will be light, but honestly, comparing the feel and built quality of the last gen phones, meaning a Evo 4g compared to the Epic, or any other Galaxy S phone, I will have to say that HTC comes out on top.

Just wondering, why the Droid Charge?

Ryan13b

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't think the iPhone 4 is leaps and bounds better than the 3d and I don't expect to miss much from my iPhone besides the app store which I like. That being said I really dont know about the android market. My buddy has an evo 4g and I love sense on it and just about everthing htc does is good quality.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Anyone that owns a smartphone, knows that battery life isn't a real strong point, including the iPhone. "sluggish response"? Are you sure you were using the EVO 4g? It's anything but sluggish. Questionable build quality? Strange to say the least, most sites and smartphone users would say just the opposite when it comes to HTC. That's usually a comment you see associated with Samsung phones. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Good luck with your Charge though, seems like a decent phone.