Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who really cares about the 3D in the Evo3D?

It continues to amaze me how many people are bashing the 3D aspect of this phone. With the amazing specs the phone is bringing us, it is at LEAST 2x better than our current Evo's...and who know how much better than the phone you are holding in your hand today. The rooting community will be all over this phone in the next few weeks, and then I really believe the tide will turn.
    should a phone NEED to be rooted in order for it to reach its full potential? No. However this is the world we live in today. Just look at the PC market. Whenever you buy a new desktop or laptop, you are almost forced to reinstall your OS in order to make the computer your own.
    Allcthat being said, I really believe we are in for a treat with the Evo3D. And I for one really don't care about the actual 3D features. They are eye candy...literally...and if I don't like it, I don't have to use it. I also cannot wait to root this phone either. Especially being that it should be able to get up to 1.5ghz, and perhaps more.
    So to all the haters out there, just wait and see what the phone can do in your own hands. At least its not a Verizon phone...have you seen how hard it is to root one of those things?

Cheers!
    Robert

I don't care about the 3D quality, i love my eVo and love sense and will love the new evo. I saw no need to root this device, it has everything I need. Fyi I came from a palm pre that had over 80 patches just to give me what i needed. When I switched to evo I was going from garbage to pure delight. Left it as is and never for one second did I think of rooting. I will treat my evo 3d the same way.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

I'm getting it cause I love sense 3.0 and I have an iPhone 4 now so its an upgrade lol
    Banned

Well its called the Evo 3D and HTC/Sprint are hyping the 3D aspect of it to hell and back. Of course people are going to scrutinize that, its the main selling point and the name of the phone. They should have just left it off and called it the Evo 2 IMO. Anyways, if you hate 3D and arent going to use it, why get it? You can get the Sensation which is basically the same phone without 3D but has a superior 2D camera.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I care
    Jc3

not i. i don't have a problem with it... but i really could care less if it was there or not.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I actually looked at it as the third EVO....OG Evo....EVO shift...EVO3D...and yes they are hyping the everloving crap out of it...its a way for them to get the younger masses buying them...or rather having Mom and Dad buy them for them..."but Mom..it has the cool 3D and stuff...pleeeeeeeease....."
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by kenmid View Post
    I care
    Thank you for caring. We all appreciate that.

I don't care for it but It will impress the kids though, and for sure happy hours with coworkers will be more entertaining, and it can be turned off. What's not to love?
    Jc3

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    It continues to amaze me how many people are bashing the 3D aspect of this phone. With the amazing specs the phone is bringing us, it is at LEAST 2x better than our current Evo's...and who know how much better than the phone you are holding in your hand today. The rooting community will be all over this phone in the next few weeks, and then I really believe the tide will turn.
    should a phone NEED to be rooted in order for it to reach its full potential? No. However this is the world we live in today. Just look at the PC market. Whenever you buy a new desktop or laptop, you are almost forced to reinstall your OS in order to make the computer your own.
    Allcthat being said, I really believe we are in for a treat with the Evo3D. And I for one really don't care about the actual 3D features. They are eye candy...literally...and if I don't like it, I don't have to use it. I also cannot wait to root this phone either. Especially being that it should be able to get up to 1.5ghz, and perhaps more.
    So to all the haters out there, just wait and see what the phone can do in your own hands. At least its not a Verizon phone...have you seen how hard it is to root one of those things?

Cheers!
    Robert
    i don't know what you are talking about verizon phones being hard to root... at least my incredible wasnt. very very simple in fact.

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

I rooted my 'verizon' phone no prob. Don't know what your smoking. And you can't turn off the 3d. So that eye candy will become your eye ache / head ache cuz the 3d effect has a really bad viewing angle its pretty much only good when looked at straight on. And those are works for our greatest Phil nickinson

dinc via tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I don't care for it but It will impress the kids though, and for sure happy hours with coworkers will be more entertaining, and it can be turned off. What's not to love?
    There ya go Vic...that's what I was trying to get at...so how are the kids behaving over at P|C? I haven't been over there in quite some time. I see milominderbinder has made the leap as well.
    Jc3

Quote Originally Posted by kaefbaml View Post
    And you can't turn off the 3d.

i'm pretty sure you can...

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

I did care about the 3d feature. Seeing as it may not be ready for primetime, im still okay with not using it. But it is a bit dissapointing.

I want to try it for myself, before I judge it, although I certainly didn't order the phone for that feature alone. A lot of people who complain about it hurting their eyes etc. aren't necessarily used to seeing certain images that way. For instance, most "older" people who view certain video games often complain that they're getting dizzy, but myself, as an avid gamer got used to the effect. Not that game graphics is 3d, but I think it's just something that the human eye needs to get used to before it becomes enjoyable.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by kaefbaml View Post
    I rooted my 'verizon' phone no prob. Don't know what your smoking. And you can't turn off the 3d. So that eye candy will become your eye ache / head ache cuz the 3d effect has a really bad viewing angle its pretty much only good when looked at straight on. And those are works for our greatest Phil nickinson

dinc via tapatalk
    Umm...yes...you can turn off the 3D...

Umm...yes...you can turn off the 3D...
    Yep you can indeed turn off the 3d..... It puzzles me as to why people who know nothing about the phone try to comment and tell us facts that are not even close to being right.

I think a lot of people think that the Sense 3.0 interface on this particular phone is also in 3D too...which it's not.

I had a few requirements:

1, I was buying it after June 19 (old AT&T contract)
    2, It had to be Sprint (data downtown worked the best)
    3, It had to be well above my current Nexus One
    4, No keyboard (don't need the bulk)

3 pretty much killed a lot of it, and 4 picked up the rest. 3 took down the Nexus S, which is barely an upgrade over my N1. And considering I have 512MB of ROM in the Nexus, Plus my 16GB card, I'd actually LOSE 500MB by getting the NS since it only has 16GB total.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the 3D because I like 3D movies, shooting 3D pics and vids will be fun, and it's unique. I will 100% use it. I'm itching to get a 3D TV just for the hell of it. This will save me $2k

That being said, if I were to get a phone Friday the 3D is still my only real choice. There's nothing else on Sprint worth considering right now.

Eh? I think I am starting not care about the 3D quality but I DO care about Sense 3.0 interface. That would be still great if I continue using EVO 3D without watching videos or taking pictures or even calling...... I only care about video chat, text, email, and IMs for me as Deaf guy.

Oh I am asking you-- about Sense 3.0 interface, what of other phones have it behind EVO 3D? Just wondering....

I'm super happy, and looking forward to the glass-less 3D. ^_^
    Jc3

Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySoul View Post
    Eh? I think I am starting not care about the 3D quality but I DO care about Sense 3.0 interface. That would be still great if I continue using EVO 3D without watching videos or taking pictures or even calling...... I only care about video chat, text, email, and IMs for me as Deaf guy.

Oh I am asking you-- about Sense 3.0 interface, what of other phones have it behind EVO 3D? Just wondering....
    i think the sensation is the only other phone that has sense 3.0. and according to reviews sense 3.0 runs better on the evo 3D
    Last edited by Jc3; 06-20-2011 at 03:00 PM.

There ya go Vic...that's what I was trying to get at...so how are the kids behaving over at P|C? I haven't been over there in quite some time. I see milominderbinder has made the leap as well.
    haven't been over there is a while but I figure some are still holding out hope for HP vaporware and hope for something that isn't going to happen. Oh and I'm sure someone is calling Android "clunky" as we speak hahaha

The inspire has 2.0 or 2.1 the sensation has 3.0 and cant really handle it. It also feels like junk in the hand. Can't wait for the EVO and I do care about 3D to an extent

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Jc3

Quote Originally Posted by Jtshurtleff View Post
    The inspire has 2.0 or 2.1 the sensation has 3.0 and cant really handle it. It also feels like junk in the hand. Can't wait for the EVO and I do care about 3D to an extent

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yes, sensation is what i ment. i don't really car for the aesthetics of it either...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast