HTC Response about Screen Protector

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I am coming over from a PreCentral and WebOS land. I am looking forward to receiving my EVO3D, hopefully on Friday.

I emailed HTC about whether I would need a screen protector because I know that many of these newer phones come with a hardened glass. My cousin has the original EVO, doesn't use one, and has no scratches. Here was a response from an HTC support reps...

"I understand that you would like know if it is necessary to get a screen protector for the HTC Evo 3D. The screens in our devices are indeed scratch and shatter resistant and usually hold up pretty well. Based on that, it is really up to your personal preference. Personally, I would recommend using one but I tend to be clumsy and drop my phone sometimes or put my phone on rough surfaces that could scratch it. Aside from that, I?ve also noticed that it tends to protect better against miniscule particles of dust from getting under the screen and just adds that extra layer of protection should something happen."

Don't know if this helps anyone because it sounds pretty vague to me. I think I might try it without protection for a while and hope for the best. I will definitely report back if I get any scratches.

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I am coming over from a PreCentral and WebOS land. I am looking forward to receiving my EVO3D, hopefully on Friday.

I emailed HTC about whether I would need a screen protector because I know that many of these newer phones come with a hardened glass. My cousin has the original EVO, doesn't use one, and has no scratches. Here was a response from an HTC support reps...

"I understand that you would like know if it is necessary to get a screen protector for the HTC Evo 3D. The screens in our devices are indeed scratch and shatter resistant and usually hold up pretty well. Based on that, it is really up to your personal preference. Personally, I would recommend using one but I tend to be clumsy and drop my phone sometimes or put my phone on rough surfaces that could scratch it. Aside from that, I?ve also noticed that it tends to protect better against miniscule particles of dust from getting under the screen and just adds that extra layer of protection should something happen."

Don't know if this helps anyone because it sounds pretty vague to me. I think I might try it without protection for a while and hope for the best. I will definitely report back if I get any scratches.

I'm not rough with my electronics at all, but I prefer to get a screen protector for that "just in case" piece of mind.

Reactions: sergi0wned

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont use screen protectors. I usually take care of my phones. I will put a cover on it to protect it from drops, but I usually dont put screen protectors. I haven't scratched any phone from my last three smartphones. I usually clean my screen once every other day or so with monster clean for touch screen devices. Its like 10 bucks but works great.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Does that extra layer of film distort the screen's image at all? It must to some degree but is it noticeable?

depends on what you use. If you use Zagg they certainly degrade the screen colors and it just doesn't look the same, however there are others that dont use the same thing material that zagg uses, and it actually normal.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Seidio screen protectors. Easy to apply and honestly you couldn't tell it was there if you didn't know.

;)

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
I love ghost armor on my Pre. But that's because I tend to put the pre face down since it rocks too much on it's back.

I was going to go w/ phantom skinz or clarivue for the EVO 3D, but I'm holding out. I hated the fact I had to use it on my Pre, but the plastic was too easy to mess up. I'm careful, but sometimes, it's more convenient to stick my phone in the keys pocket for a short period of time.

I do want to get something like a ringke or TPU case for accidental drops..but I don't want to bulk the phone up either.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I always use Boxwave. It is easy to put on and come off. You really don't know it is even on at all, but it protects well. They make clear and anti glare.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's very hardened glass. Don't use a screen protector, please. Stop keeping these stupid products from stupid companies in business.