Initial Thoughts on Evo 3D - Post Them Here!
01-06-2012 10:36 AM
- They are back ordered everywhere. If I were you I would wait for casemate case. I called them a few days ago and they will be putting out one with kickstand any day now. It looks like the one you posted with one important feature, it is designed to protect camera lens from scratchs from putting down.
EVO - LUTION 3D06-27-2011 02:04 PM
- The evo 3d is awesome, its more narrow and longer than the evo, feels great in the hand, has a nice soft matte finish behind that makes it snug on grip and stylish to say the least, the hardware speaks for itself, it SCREAMS thats how fast it is, sense 3d looks gorgeous on it and the battery should probably improve over time. The '3D' aspect to some is a gimmick while to others is fun, either ways its definitely cool but not a 'must have' or anything. It doesn't have the kickstand like the evo had that i miss and its charging port is on the side which i'm not a fan of.
I think the evo's 2d cam is better than this one's. They have compensated quality for 3d support slightly, but I am yet to confirm that theory conclusively.06-27-2011 05:01 PM
- Had the EVO pre-ordered and rooted a few days later. Ran like butter on Gingerbread. Loved the phone.
Being a nerd...I went out and got the 3D a day after in came out and I am more impressed with this phone than I was with the original.
The 3D hasnt blown me away yet...maybe after more content is added.
But HTC has made one hell of a phone. Making it slimmer and taller was perfect. Screen is fantastic. I am a guy who loves a pure adroid experience but this generation of Sense is useful.
Give it a 9/10
First post.06-27-2011 09:47 PM
- I'm one of those who switched from an Evo 4G to an Evo 3D. After one issue that turned out to be a bad microSD card (not the one that came with the Evo), I've been very happy.
Performance-wise, even with the resource-intensive Sense 3.0 running, I find the phone is always responsive; noticeably faster than the 4G, which I was already happy with.
It seems as though Google and HTC have added in multiple ways of getting to important features. For instance, you can get to the Settings in about five different ways.
It's been said before, but I _really_ like the new lock-screen.
The slight change in aspect ratio threw me for a short time. It seems as though I'm seeing more data on the screen in the portrait mode though. The one drawback is that I have to think about pressing the "Q" key. I've pressed the "W" a few times by mistake and I'm sure it's the slimmer screen that's at fault. I'm already getting used to it.
I still haven't really played with the 3D part yet. I'll let you all know.06-27-2011 09:50 PM
- I just got home with my EVO 3D, after spending two hours in the Sprint Store..lol! I absolutely love this phone. I am porting my number over from Verizon so right now the phone is off. The little time I played with it in the store, I loved everything about it. The speed, Sense 3.0, the 3D homescreen effect, etc...I'm happy to be back with Android!06-27-2011 10:13 PM
- I'm still deciding about my ev3d --
My history: launch day pre, launch day evo, and now launch day evo 3d, I love new gadgets!
I love the speed of the phone, I love Sense, so far no temptation to go to launcher pro or any other, love the look, feel -- really like the feel. But:
1. It's warm. My pre was very warm, I was so happy when the evo didn't heat up at all, but now the 3d is getting awfully warm sometimes.
2. The font size -- I'm over 50 and the size of the display is way too small for my aging eyes
3. I live in a rural area, near a 'biggish' town -- evo never gave me a bit of trouble with the signal, but this phone is not getting a strong signal at all. Even at work today I couldn't even show off my 3d because none of the YouTube videos would play -- or the green hornet. One second of movie, three seconds of wait, etc. Very frustrating.
I have a month to decide I know, but I really want the 3d to work out.06-27-2011 10:23 PM
- I just had a full day with my E3D. Also comming from an evo that I truly luv...I did notice there was alot of heat when I had the E3D on the charger while playing with it for a few hours...and I really don't like the smaller icons and fonts..I was so use to the wider screen and I think its a drastic change from reading to typing...and also the signal seem a lil bit weaker then my old evo...but I'm gonna just chill and holdout and hopefully adjust to new EVOlution06-27-2011 10:59 PM
- Wow, i know everyone is subjected to their opinion, but lets be for real the 3d is faster than the og evo by far. My old evo (i gave it to my niece) is sitting right next to me and i know for sure that speed wise, the 3d runs circle around the 4g. Perfect example, you know when your 4g install an app, it freezed for like a second while it finish installing it, there is no hiccup at all with the 3d, not one. I will also go out to say its even faster to install an app. A cm7 custom rom dont help that. My 4g was running kings sense 2.1-3.0 gingerbread rom from xda site.
Also, i was just going to mention the 3d aspect of it. I finally got to play with that part of it this weekend. Im talking about the camera, it kicks butt for real. Its very cool how in depth the pics are. even my wife loves the detail of the 3d pics. Will I take all pics in 3d from now on? No, but for shots i know thats not important, or basically as a cool camera with a cool feature, its available.06-28-2011 02:00 AM
- I am coming from the OG EVO and the sexy Nexus S. After a weekend as an EVO3D owner, I am in love.
Hardware is solid for the most part. I am impressed with the screen even though it is not an amoled. It took a little getting used to since it is more narrow, but I will get over it. Only complaints I might have for the hardware are the camera & 2D/3D buttons. They are pretty loose and rattle, but I can live with it.
The phone is fast. Very fast. Even with this bloated Sense 3.0 it still kicks *** and takes names. Sense 3.0 is also pleasing. I will have no problem waiting for custom ROMs because I really have no complaints with the new Sense. Like some of you have noted, the phone does get warm when you throw a ton at it, but maybe this is to be expected. My battery life also seems to be better than the old EVO.
I also enjoy the 3D. Doesn't really seem all that gimmicky. Like most of us, I did not buy it because I saw "3D'. but it is a nice extra to have for the same price as other similar phones. It is interesting to see the depth in 3D pictures, and the video is also enjoyable, though it might be for a short period of time because of headaches.
If anything, it's something cool to show off to people. Everyone who I have showed this thing off to seems to be impressed with the 3D photos.06-28-2011 02:15 AM
- I just received my EVO 3D yesterday and so far I'm very pleased. I have a AT&T Iphone 3GS from two years ago and switched to Blackberry when I went to Sprint.
The E3D is a really great device. The Green Hornet 3D movie looks great in my opinion. It really looks 3D. As far as pics taken in 3D they are pretty good not mind boggling. 27 years ago my uncle had a 3D film camera that took incredible 3D pics. The 2D pics are excellent haven't shot a 2D or 3D vid yet so don't have any impressions on that yet.
This is my first HTC or Android device. I really like the HTC Sense UI. I really can't compare the Gingerbread OS to anything other that IOS 4 which I still use in my deactivated Iphone 3GS. Being that IOS doesn't run on top of anything I don't know if what I experiencing on the EVO 3D is Gingerbread or HTC Sense.
I like the size of the EVO 3D also compared to the original. A friends has the EVO 4G and I never really liked the width of it. The 3D has a nice slim look and feel.
The phone is very fast in my opinion when using the apps. I can't compare the speed to anything else. I will have to do a side by side with my friends EVO4G
Call quality seems to be fine I had no problems there. I was worried based on some of the reviews I have read about call quality. Paired to a Jawbone Prime headset things sounded good. It took a little while to pair with the Jawbone. If you have any trouble pairing a headset with the 3D just keep at it for a bit.
I have also read in reviews that the power button is too soft. It is compared to say the IPhone but not a problem for me not a deal breaker at all.
Battery Life don't know yet just got finished charging overnight so I haven't put it through it's paces yet when not on the charger. Based on running the Green Hornet movie for a few mins when I got the phone while not on the charger does tell me that watching 3D is a batt killer but that's to be expected. I know there is a 1850 MAH battery coming soon that's the same size as the original batt which will give you a little more juice and I'm sure a bigger one is on the way.
I would highly recommend the 3D I think it's a nice update to the original just based on the slimmer size. Is it a "I gotta get it phone" It is if your are coming from a antiquated Blackberry Tour like me.If you have a EVO 4G I really can't compare the two to say if you should run out and get it. Again the slimness does it for me. when I first saw my friends EVO 4G I just wasn't feeling the width of it and that was one reason I never went for the EVO 4G. I'll post more thoughts as time goes on.06-28-2011 09:52 AM
- 06-28-2011 10:09 AM
Plus, it's widely known that Clearwire, as the 4G provider/partner for Sprint is in some serious trouble financially and infrastructurally. I don't expect them to survive in their current form. And that sort of instability trouble is not what Sprint needs to compete in the mobile data space.
It is frustrating knowing that I want to stick with Sprint (at a minimum because the price/performance of their data plans is unbeatable), but at the same time knowing I will be buying another device this week with built-in obsolescence (albeit a very, very slick device), coupled with the idea that I will have to wait even longer for Sprint to cover my most preferred areas with premium data service, thanks to a technological misstep that is pretty much a direct analogue to the choice of HD-DVD.
Mark06-28-2011 10:19 AM
- The 3D is not that superior then my EVO 4G. I purchased the 3D at launch day @ 8am and returned it the same day @ 7:30pm. The speed wasn't that noticeable and don't let me get started on the 3D (gimick or what). If it wasn't for the 3D what is actually sparkling the flame for this phone?? Also I know both phones are 4.3" but the 4G screen is wider then the 3D?? I'll use my upgrade for something more deserving.06-28-2011 11:35 AM
- yeah i'm guessing you never got the 3d. If you had you would know the phone is faster, the screen is much better, sense 3.0 is much better, battery life is much better. A gimmick would be something that doesn't work, even the skeptics like myself, have to admit the 3d is pretty damn cool, just a little added bonus, something else to play around with. If you had the phone you would know that. It's fine if you don't want the phone, but save the flaming bs for another site.
evo - lution 3d06-28-2011 12:01 PM
- All I can say is I love my 3D so much. Not only is it faster but I have almost all my apps that I had on my EVO 4G minus a few I didn't really use plus some new ones and I have lots of space left. I love the new sense 3.0. I had to delete a few apps on my old EVO cause of space I got to get those back also. I love the lock screens and the new skins the new notification window and it showing yor last used apps. I had toggle switch widgets for my gps 3g and bt and wifi so out of habit I am used to swiping my screen but I am getting used to going to notifications. I am not used to when you go to apps it going page to page but it's ok doesn't bother me much. I like the 3D part of the phone I think it's cool. Battery life is better I have 35% and took it off charger when I woke up around 11:30 but I've mostly been sitting at my desk all day and haven't used it much.
The only thing I have left to do is rearrange my screens. I have all my apps but I don't know how I want to arrange my screens. I actually took screen shots of my old EVO and I had mutlicon with 4 apps on one square and my screens were so cluttered I don't want that again. I'm gonna have different scenes and i have lots to set up and I plan on doing that here soon. Been reading forums all day. I thought the EVO was the best phone I ever had and now this 3D OMG it's awesome!06-28-2011 06:45 PM
- 06-28-2011 07:51 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 3D
Initial Thoughts on Evo 3D - Post Them Here!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD