- 06-22-2011, 04:28 PM #26
- 06-22-2011, 04:29 PM #27
- 06-22-2011, 04:30 PM #28
- 06-22-2011, 04:30 PM #29
- 06-22-2011, 04:30 PM #30
- 06-22-2011, 04:37 PM #31
- 06-22-2011, 04:39 PM #32
- 06-22-2011, 04:43 PM #33
- 06-22-2011, 04:43 PM #34
Yea me too..hopefully they fix that in time.
For those of you selflessly taking the time to post thoughts thank you!!!
It must be difficult with that shiny new toy...this excitement reminds me of my Star Wars Christmas...can't wait to open my new toy!!
- 06-22-2011, 04:46 PM #36
I have been setting mine up for a hour now. This device is amazing. So fast, wow. I have better reception on both data and phone then i had with my evo. Where I am sitting i was always short one bar of having full strength wifi. The evo 3d has all bars lit up so wifi radio is definitely better.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
- 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM #37
- 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM #38
- 06-22-2011, 04:54 PM #39
- 06-22-2011, 05:15 PM #40
Coming from a launch day EVO 4G. I am in love all over again. Hotter sister. Way hotter. She looks better, feels better and is so much faster than her older sister.
Skeptical about the 3D. But after taking a picture of my patio, I am sold. Stunning. Make sure you compose elements in the frame that will show depth. Foreground, subject, background. Yes, when you view the picture you have to hold the display steady. But, jeez so what. There is so much immersion, 2D pictures now look so... well unnaturally flat.
I look forward to this stuff coming to tablets. Consider this guy sold to the gimmick.
- 06-22-2011, 05:16 PM #41
- 883 Posts
- Decks Reloaded,RebelROM
Ok, got the 3VO about 30 mins ago and it's set up on my wife's line (second line) even though I have Gold status on the primary line. Called Sprint to take care of that.
Looks great, 3D camera makes me dizzy. Sense 3.0 is great but I've already seen it on a EVO 4G rom so it's not anything new. HTC Hub or whatever it's called is working and gives some nice loooking scenes and skins. Music sounds good. Nice overall feel of the phone. I am still an HTC fan.
It's on the charger now.
- 06-22-2011, 05:52 PM #42
Initial thoughts on my first 4 hours with the Evo3D
Got the phone around 1:30 and have been playing around since. A couple of quick pro's and con's I am noticing for myself:
- Phone is blazing fast, each app is very responsive when you start it. Switching through all screens is fluid and Sense 3.0 is awesome.
- It autosynced about 75% of my apps off of my old phone(which was a Hero)didn't have to do anything, very cool feature.
- qHD looks good, weather and other widgets look flawless
- 4.3" screen is just pure sexy, coming from the Hero this is a huge improvement
- Call quality has not been that good. Called about 4 different people and talked for a few minutes to each. You can hear the person very well but there is this static in the background that doesn't go away. I experienced it with each call.
- When customizing the 4 apps on the lockscreen I lost the phone app. Some people are reporting when they downloaded the OTA update it disappeared. Mine did not go away after it, however when I changed 2 of the other apps and hit apply the phone app did disappear and it is not on the apps list to put back on the lock screen. Kind of annoying.
- Starring at the 3D for too long made me nauseous. The pictures looked very good but trying to go through all 15 on the phone was just too much. The viewing angle wasn't as bad as I read on some reviews either
If there is any question anyone wants to know before they get the phone on Friday ask away, I'll do my best to tell you what you want to know.
- 06-22-2011, 05:56 PM #43
- 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM #44
- 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM #45
- 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM #46
- 06-22-2011, 06:09 PM #47
- 06-22-2011, 06:36 PM #48
How's your signal? My wife's BlackBerry Curve (original model) gets a better signal than my EVO 4G, and I've been dropping a lot of calls lately. I'm up for renewal July 1, but now I'm not sure what route to go.
I'm also interested in battery life, which is the only other negative I've had with my original EVO. Other than these two issues, it has been the best phone I've owned, and I've had numerous smartphones.
- 06-22-2011, 06:48 PM #49
- 06-22-2011, 06:49 PM #50