Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Hey Everyone!
    Just wanted to say, I have spent the last 3 hours playing around with my new EVO3D...and all I can say is W O W! The phone is absolutely smooth as butter. I have not seen any call quality issues, and I am in Ocala, Fl...not exactly a Sprint hotbed. I have made multiple phone calls, and have not seen the signal strength fluctuating as others have seen. I have also gone online with the phone, and while slightly (and maybe not even at all) slower, the phone overall feels much better than my OG EVO.
    Now onto the 3D.

Yes it is gimmicky, and you do have to hold it at a certain angle in order to see the best effect. And yes 3D has been known to give people headaches (on TV,in the movies, and now on phones). There is nothing that can really be done with that until they find a new technology. What I can tell you about the 3D,is that I showed it to 3 of my customers in the field, and about 10 coworkers,and they were amazed. All except one, who hates technology (he owns a Jitterbug ).

What I am getting at folks, is that you should not let other reviewers make up your minds for you. Go out and touch the phone in a store...preferably in your local area, to see what it's going to do for you. Take advantage of the 30 day period and go out and enjoy!

The simple fact that it is much faster than OG EVO has already sold the phone for me. HTC HUB and Sense 3.0 seem great so far, and everything else is generally good at this point. I don't do full blown reviews, so I probably will just chime in here and there...but trust me OG EVO users and on the fence people...TRY THIS PHONE FOR YOURSELF!

Cheers!
    Robert
    Small world!!!! I am in Ocala, FL too! Unfortunately, my 3D is still out for delivery. Also good to hear about the call quality. I can't wait to take mine for a spin!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Thank you, Powerbyte. I'm jonesin' to get the EVO 3D but the reviews had me concerned. A review from an actual hands-on user is very helpful.

Got mine today... The phone is great. It's fast, the build quality is nice, and the 3d is cool. It really plays great with 3d YouTube. Only complaint.... External speaker sucks. Not loud enough and very distorted.

-Showking
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoof hearted View Post
    Small world!!!! I am in Ocala, FL too! Unfortunately, my 3D is still out for delivery. Also good to hear about the call quality. I can't wait to take mine for a spin!
    And still no damn 4g for us....grrrrr...

Default yeah

i need to root my samsung fascinate

Got the 3D a little while ago. What were some of these reviewers thinking? Call quality is MUCH better than my OG EVO.

Call quality is GREAT! I don't know what these "professionals" were reviewing....

I know that if the EVO 3D is family to the EVO 4G then it's an awesome device. I'm just mad @Sprint for pushing my upgrade some months down the line. Ugh!
    Thanked by:
    Who? 

Quote Originally Posted by Showking View Post
    Got mine today... . Only complaint.... External speaker sucks. Not loud enough and very distorted.

-Showking

Hopefully an OTA will fix that. I have seen this on some 4G roms too so hopefully it is software related rather than hardware. I use speakerphone and pandora ALL the time
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Yea me too..hopefully they fix that in time.

For those of you selflessly taking the time to post thoughts thank you!!!

It must be difficult with that shiny new toy...this excitement reminds me of my Star Wars Christmas...can't wait to open my new toy!!

I have been setting mine up for a hour now. This device is amazing. So fast, wow. I have better reception on both data and phone then i had with my evo. Where I am sitting i was always short one bar of having full strength wifi. The evo 3d has all bars lit up so wifi radio is definitely better.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    Yep. The only thing I couldn't delete but wanted to was Sprint Zone.....Sprint Radio, Sprint TV, Nascar....

Gone.
    WHAT!? To quote the venerable Lil John " YeeeAAAaaaa".

Great to hear, no problem with Sprint zone on there but damn if everything else they put on can be annoying. So awesome

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cbwrob View Post
    For those of you selflessly taking the time to post thoughts thank you!!!

It must be difficult with that shiny new toy...this excitement reminds me of my Star Wars Christmas...can't wait to open my new toy!!
    ^ +1

I am so thankful for your posts. They have been very helpful.

I just got mine, and it is VERY speedy. The 3D aspect is pretty cool! And I LOVE it so far!
    nathy321 likes this.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Coming from a launch day EVO 4G. I am in love all over again. Hotter sister. Way hotter. She looks better, feels better and is so much faster than her older sister.

Skeptical about the 3D. But after taking a picture of my patio, I am sold. Stunning. Make sure you compose elements in the frame that will show depth. Foreground, subject, background. Yes, when you view the picture you have to hold the display steady. But, jeez so what. There is so much immersion, 2D pictures now look so... well unnaturally flat.

I look forward to this stuff coming to tablets. Consider this guy sold to the gimmick.
    Thanked by:
    nathy321 likes this.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Ok, got the 3VO about 30 mins ago and it's set up on my wife's line (second line) even though I have Gold status on the primary line. Called Sprint to take care of that.

Looks great, 3D camera makes me dizzy. Sense 3.0 is great but I've already seen it on a EVO 4G rom so it's not anything new. HTC Hub or whatever it's called is working and gives some nice loooking scenes and skins. Music sounds good. Nice overall feel of the phone. I am still an HTC fan.

It's on the charger now.
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

Default Initial thoughts on my first 4 hours with the Evo3D

Got the phone around 1:30 and have been playing around since. A couple of quick pro's and con's I am noticing for myself:

Pros:

- Phone is blazing fast, each app is very responsive when you start it. Switching through all screens is fluid and Sense 3.0 is awesome.

- It autosynced about 75% of my apps off of my old phone(which was a Hero)didn't have to do anything, very cool feature.

- qHD looks good, weather and other widgets look flawless

- 4.3" screen is just pure sexy, coming from the Hero this is a huge improvement

Cons:

- Call quality has not been that good. Called about 4 different people and talked for a few minutes to each. You can hear the person very well but there is this static in the background that doesn't go away. I experienced it with each call.

- When customizing the 4 apps on the lockscreen I lost the phone app. Some people are reporting when they downloaded the OTA update it disappeared. Mine did not go away after it, however when I changed 2 of the other apps and hit apply the phone app did disappear and it is not on the apps list to put back on the lock screen. Kind of annoying.

- Starring at the 3D for too long made me nauseous. The pictures looked very good but trying to go through all 15 on the phone was just too much. The viewing angle wasn't as bad as I read on some reviews either

If there is any question anyone wants to know before they get the phone on Friday ask away, I'll do my best to tell you what you want to know.
    Thanked by 3:
    ls108 and BakUTopia74 like this.

This phone is nice so far. One small issue I think might be a problem is the back cover. It comes off like the old one however the cut out part around the camera button might be a problem in time. I think its gonna crack if your the type that has to change batteries a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by vanjangles View Post
    Got the phone around 1:30 and have been playing around since. A couple of quick pro's and con's I am noticing for myself:

Pros:

- Phone is blazing fast, each app is very responsive when you start it. Switching through all screens is fluid and Sense 3.0 is awesome.

- It autosynced about 75% of my apps off of my old phone(which was a Hero)didn't have to do anything, very cool feature.

- qHD looks good, weather and other widgets look flawless

- 4.3" screen is just pure sexy, coming from the Hero this is a huge improvement

Cons:

- Call quality has not been that good. Called about 4 different people and talked for a few minutes to each. You can hear the person very well but there is this static in the background that doesn't go away. I experienced it with each call.

- When customizing the 4 apps on the lockscreen I lost the phone app. Some people are reporting when they downloaded the OTA update it disappeared. Mine did not go away after it, however when I changed 2 of the other apps and hit apply the phone app did disappear and it is not on the apps list to put back on the lock screen. Kind of annoying.

- Starring at the 3D for too long made me nauseous. The pictures looked very good but trying to go through all 15 on the phone was just too much. The viewing angle wasn't as bad as I read on some reviews either

If there is any question anyone wants to know before they get the phone on Friday ask away, I'll do my best to tell you what you want to know.
    One other thing. There is a task manager on the Evo3D. One thing I can't really understand is that it says total memory is 803 MB. Says 508 MB used and 295 Free. But I have no apps running. I know Sense uses a lot but that seemed like to much.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

anyone know where the htc flashlight app is?

Wow 3D is so much better then led to believe. The spider man game is sick 3D. My kids were amazed as well. Love it. With all the reviews from people with an agenda i was expecting very poor 3D quality, not the case.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

Its says it comes with The Green Hornet preloaded. Cant seem to play mine. Anyone else having this problem?

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

How's your signal? My wife's BlackBerry Curve (original model) gets a better signal than my EVO 4G, and I've been dropping a lot of calls lately. I'm up for renewal July 1, but now I'm not sure what route to go.

I'm also interested in battery life, which is the only other negative I've had with my original EVO. Other than these two issues, it has been the best phone I've owned, and I've had numerous smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    How's your signal? My wife's BlackBerry Curve (original model) gets a better signal than my EVO 4G, and I've been dropping a lot of calls lately. I'm up for renewal July 1, but now I'm not sure what route to go.

I'm also interested in battery life, which is the only other negative I've had with my original EVO. Other than these two issues, it has been the best phone I've owned, and I've had numerous smartphones.
    Signal has been pretty good. I have had between 3-5 bars on 3g and no dropped calls. Haven't been on 4g that much. As for battery the phone just got done charging so I will get back to you after I see how long it takes to drain.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by vanjangles View Post
    One other thing. There is a task manager on the Evo3D. One thing I can't really understand is that it says total memory is 803 MB. Says 508 MB used and 295 Free. But I have no apps running. I know Sense uses a lot but that seemed like to much.
    the OG EVO uses about 350. it's not a stretch to thing that sense 3 would take 150 more.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast