Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by vanjangles View Post
    Signal has been pretty good. I have had between 3-5 bars on 3g and no dropped calls. Haven't been on 4g that much. As for battery the phone just got done charging so I will get back to you after I see how long it takes to drain.
    So is the signal strength equal, better, or worse than what you experienced with your Hero. Also, in what type of Sprint area are you in?

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have been setting mine up for a hour now. This device is amazing. So fast, wow. I have better reception on both data and phone then i had with my evo. Where I am sitting i was always short one bar of having full strength wifi. The evo 3d has all bars lit up so wifi radio is definitely better.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    This is the kind of information I'm really needing. My launch day EVO 4G doesn't get cell reception nearly as well as my wife's BlackBerry. Recently I've been dropping calls on a regular basis. So, I'm really hopeful the new 3D has a better radio.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So is the signal strength equal, better, or worse than what you experienced with your Hero. Also, in what type of Sprint area are you in?
    It has been slightly better. My cm7 hero was pulling 2-4 bars usually. I'm in charlotte, nc so coverage is pretty good here. I thought 4g would be a little better since the coverage map showed charlotte as being covered. However I have only been to work and back home so hopefully it will get better.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcmikel View Post
    I will have mine by late AM (pacific). I will try to post an over view of the 3D.

We are actually a 3D content studio and distributor. I cant wait to see the new Linkin Park Iridescent 3D Music Video from Transformers 3 we are just finishing on the HTC EVO 3D. I am really big into 3D (obviously I need to be since its my job) so I dont have too high of expectations of the early stages of 3D on mobile devices. Keep in mind that this is a Parallax barrier so its nothing like 3D in the theaters or homes. It is very similar to the Nintendo 3DS 3D technology. I will also test tons of other content that we have made for 3D mobile devices to see how the 3D looks.

-Mike
    Ok so here is my initial assessment so far:

Typical Parallax barrier performance. You have to be holding the phone about 8" - 10" from your face and you need to be looking directly at the screen. If you move your head or the phone in any way the image will jump. This is why the reviews are so bad on the 3D feature of the phone. If people understood 3D (or HTC properly educated people what to expect with a Parallax Barrier, the reviews would not crush the 3D feature so bad.) and you knew that the performance is not theater quality or home 3D TV quality, people would be more understanding. This is glasses free, we are still years out on making this perfect! For now, I love it and will be enjoying it even more when I upload some content to You Tube for playback on my Panasonic 3D TV.

I tried using the stock photos, they look great in 3D except one or two pictures has convergence issues. Keep in mind folks, when you use the camera in 3D, you can NOT get too close to an object. Just like your eyes, if you hold one figure in front of your face and move it to close to your eyes, you cannot focus on it. Same goes for 3D cameras but even more so on this phone since the cameras are closer together than your eyes are.

I tried to play the free movie "The Green Hornet in 3D" but I get an error - This content has reached its maximum activations 0. To me this looks like a licensing issue through HTC's video streaming service pre installed called "HTC Watch"

I loaded Linkin Parks new 3D music video "Iridescent" from Transformers 3 that we are just finishing the 3D on and it looks Phenomenal! So far it looks better than any preloaded content that I have seen! One quick note, the phone will NOT playback H264.mov 3D files. The file needs to be encoded as a true .MP4 3D side by side.

I will post more as I play with the phone later tonight. I am loading on the phone about 20-30 3D pieces of short films to test out. If you have a any questions, ask away and I will do my best to answer.

Mike
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by umitasu View Post
    Its says it comes with The Green Hornet preloaded. Cant seem to play mine. Anyone else having this problem?
    No..mine downloaded then just said I needed to sign up for HTC watch to view it

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Error Occured

This content has reached it's maximum activation 0

Really?! Lame!
    HTC One (M8)
    Treo 700w > Blackberry 8830 > Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D > HTC EVO 4G LTE > HTC One (M7) > HTC One (M8)

I love this phone. my opinion is that this phone is an upgrade from the HTC EVO 4G. It is much more smoother and fast and awesome. The 3D I dont really care about but it does hurt my eyes. I love all the new additions too HTC SENSE. I just can't seem to find the HTC widget of the battery and flashlight app.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscott View Post
    Error Occured

This content has reached it's maximum activation 0

Really?! Lame!
    I am getting that same error.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Senseless 1.0

I'm at hour number three.

First off the Spiderman 3D quality is just as good as the Nintendo 3DS image quality I played at GameStop. I think it looks great and I cannot wait until I have some time to play more.

I saw the weirdest thing. You see I have a secure exchange email from work. This requires me to enter a PIN every I unlock the phone. With the phone set to 3D mode and the screen locked I dragged the camera into the ring and the PIN dial pad appeared in 3D. It was moving very speratically left to right.

I simply pressed the power button and the screen turned off. Then I switched the phone to 2D mode and was able to unlock.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    "Don't sweat the petty stuff. Pet the sweaty stuff" ~Somebody

The phone is awesome, but I put a ZAGG screen protector on it and it really killed the phones display & the 3D part. So I took it off.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Spent 4 hours setting the phone up with all the apps and transferring contacts and calendar.

Some quick thoughts...

• There is an update already to download, so do this first.
    • I copied the music samples and movie of the micoSD card and onto a new 32gb MicroSD Card.
    • Screen is really nice.
    • Keyboard is a little smaller.
    • You have to use HTC sync 3.x to work with the phone and your desktop.
    • Sync'd my phone using HTC Sync 3.x with my Outlook Contacts and Calendar
    • Sync via Bluetooth contacts to my ACURA MDX
    • HTCSense.com Online is pretty cool with HTC Hub. Find your phone, make it ring GeoTrack
    • The new message app is really nice.
    • Flashlight is gone.
    • Lots and lots more widgets.
    • Still trying to find the battery widget.
    • 3D Camera will make you dizzy! Dizzy! DIZZY!
    • You have to push hard on the shutter button for it to take a picture.
    • Click and holding the shutter button automatically launches the camera.
    • Contacts look the same.
    • The calendar app is nicely improved.
    • Icon names are truncated a little more on the screens due to the smaller width than the original EVO. Boots much faster, very responsive.
    • Sense 3.0 is nice
    • Updated Weater App is very Animated and Pretty
    • New Task Manager is nice and I have 803mb of memory and using 549mb
    • Enhancements to the Music App
    • Could not get Green Hornet to Play after signing up for the HTC Hub

--Jon
    HTC One (M8)
    Treo 700w > Blackberry 8830 > Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D > HTC EVO 4G LTE > HTC One (M7) > HTC One (M8)
    Thanked by 4:

Out of box i charged for 2 hours, it got to 99 percent and I had to go food shopping. 2 hours and about ten text messages later it only dropped to 96.wow wow wow

EVO - LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

Loving mine so far but dang you need a bachelor's degree to figure this thing out in the beginning. It made me feel real old at first but I'm getting the hang of it. No reception problems. Battery is doing ok so far too. The internet is unbelievable compared to my blackberry.

You all are so very lucky. I'd have pre-ordered on the 21st as well, had I not had rewards points from Best Buy to use. 2 more days for me...

So far, I'm highly inclined to agree with the OP. This phone is damn impressive, even next to my OG EVO.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Camera is not as good as the EVO 4G. They should have kept the same camera and skipped the 3D gimmick. The EVO 4G Camera was pretty damn good.
    HTC One (M8)

Quote Originally Posted by Viscott View Post
    Camera is not as good as the EVO 4G. They should have kept the same camera and skipped the 3D gimmick. The EVO 4G Camera was pretty damn good.
    Camera is better than original EVO especially in the dark when you need to use he flash - EVO4G is absolutely useless for this. I just took a picture of my direct tv remote with both phones. EVO3D pic was sharp and very impressive. Original 3D pic was a blur of white, couldn't even tell there were buttons while you could clearly read the numbers on the buttons from the EVO3d pic. Also, I thought 3 D was a gimmick too until I played he Spiderman game - woman ran right at me. I was really blown away when I saw a 3D Youtube video with a guys surfing, skying, etc - thought I was there. 3D is here to stay. I like you, was up in arms about 3d and the fact that they should have just improved the camera and skipped the gimmick - basically give us the Sensation. My mind had changed, I am very impressed. The Evo 3D is hands down the best phone available right now. I am starting to wonder what those pro reviewers were sipping on or how mcu they are getting paid by Apple.
    babybear293 likes this.

Hey guys. Just trying to see if something is normal on my EVO 3D.

Try running your finger against the glass on the back, is one side down into the phone a tiny bit more than the other side?

WCM

Won't be picking mine up until Friday, but I stopped in a local Sprint store and played with their demo unit tonight. Some quick impressions:

1. It is EXTREMELY smooth. Transitions from application to application, opening menus, etc happen instantaneously. If you noticed your 4G get faster with the Gingerbread update, this device is even FASTER. Like warp factor 9.5 fast....ENGAGE!

2. The 3D functionality is actually pretty sweet, and the picture quality is much better than I expected. Of note, photos that are taken at a distance don't have much of a 3D effect, but once something shows up in the foreground, it REALLY pops off the screen. If you plan on using the phone to take pictures at a distance, you might just want to shoot 'em in 2D. If the subject is up close, kick the 3D on and be ready to be impressed.

3. My eyeballs felt weird after viewing 3D content...hard to explain. Not really painful, but it was a bit strange adjusting to normal after viewing the screen. Almost like the vitreous was a bit scrambled for a few secs, but it passed very quickly...perhaps 10 secs at the most. No headache though.

4. There is a very cool "power conserve" mode you can easily activate from the windowshade when the battery gets low. It dims the screen, etc. automatically when activated...a very nice quality-of-life addition. I see this as a function we'll ALL use, but I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet...very nice.

5. As far as signal strength goes, I couldn't do any concrete testing, but I placed my 4G next to the 3D and they both had equal numbers of bars. When the 4G had six bars, so did the 3D. When the signal dipped to 4 bars on the 4G, the 3D did as well. There was perhaps a 1 or 2 second difference between them, but they appeared to be equal.

6. No shocker here, but Sense 3.0 is flippin' sweet.

7. Texture on the back of the phone is nice, but not quite as grippy as I was expecting. Weight is good, about like a 4G. It seems to feel more natural in the hand than the 4G as the edges feel rounder. It definitely feels less likely to inadvertently fall out of your hand than the original EVO, which is something I was constantly nervous about after I first got mine. This just seems to be more comfortable to hold.

8. Phone wasn't activated, so I couldn't test call quality.

9. The screen is absolutely FANTASTIC. The pictures I viewed both in 2D and 3D were very sharp...better than I expected by far. I never thought the 4G screen was poor, but the qHD blows it right out of the water.

All in all, I'm happy I preordered, and I no longer put any stock in the tepid reviews that came out a few days ago. Looking forward to this one...
    Thanked by 2:
    babybear293 likes this.

First impressions:

+ I am as impressed with the 3D as i was last June with the EVO 4G.

+ Absolutely no signal issues at all, I've had it next to an EVO 4G all day and they have been nearly identical. WiFi seems to be better on the 3D.

+ Call quality is actually better on the 3D than on the 4G. I always thought the volume was to low on the 4G, It's much improved on the 3D.

+ I've seen a few bad comments on the speaker, I feel it's on par if not a little better than the 4G. On speakerphone people sound very clear and plenty loud enough.

+ Sense 3.0 is in one word, awesome. The phone is incredibly fast and very smooth. I feel like I finally have an android phone that is as smooth as an iPhone.

+ The screen is a big upgrade from the EVO 4G. Colors are more vibrant and It's just a sharp clear picture. Very nice.

+ Going to play with the Camera more before i make too many comments about it. But first impression, It's not bad and I thought the 3D pictures looked better than I thought they would.

+ That's enough for now, I will use it for a few days before making a final judgement, but right now i definitely feel it is upgrade worthy from the EVO 4G.
    Thanked by 2:
    babybear293 and BakUTopia74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
    Camera is better than original EVO especially in the dark when you need to use he flash - EVO4G is absolutely useless for this. I just took a picture of my direct tv remote with both phones. EVO3D pic was sharp and very impressive. Original 3D pic was a blur of white, couldn't even tell there were buttons while you could clearly read the numbers on the buttons from the EVO3d pic. Also, I thought 3 D was a gimmick too until I played he Spiderman game - woman ran right at me. I was really blown away when I saw a 3D Youtube video with a guys surfing, skying, etc - thought I was there. 3D is here to stay. I like you, was up in arms about 3d and the fact that they should have just improved the camera and skipped the gimmick - basically give us the Sensation. My mind had changed, I am very impressed. The Evo 3D is hands down the best phone available right now. I am starting to wonder what those pro reviewers were sipping on or how mcu they are getting paid by Apple.
    Hey man, im with you, watched same youtube video,, wow. And the Spiderman game,,,, outstanding. Went in with low hopes with the 3d part because of what was being said about it by a few with a agenda most likely, but it is pretty darn cool for a PHONE.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Hey Everyone!
    Just wanted to say, I have spent the last 3 hours playing around with my new EVO3D...and all I can say is W O W!
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Just took a 3D video and now only did I think it was pretty cool, i showed it to my wife and she is not easily impressed with this stuff but she smiled and said "holy sh"", that is awsome ". Lol

EVO - LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

The 3d pics and video gives me a headache..kinda dizzy...but i have motion sickeness as well..the pics remind me of those old pictures from the 90's where you had to stare at them with a blank look to see the hidden pic in the background.. The 3d seems to work the same way...you have to kind of look at the pic with a blank stare and let the picture focus to your eyes...cool effect, seems like a lot of work to look at pic

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    And still no damn 4g for us....grrrrr...
    Yeah, I'm in Gainesville. I go to UF. You'd think they'd have 4g around one of the most densely populated universities in the country, I guess not ._.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast