- 06-22-2011, 11:54 PM #76
Not reading through everybody else's so apologies for duplications...
- Speed of the whole device. UI in particular and seems to hold Wifi speeds better.
- Music speaker is amazing
- 3D capture of pictures is awesome. Videos is really good too but it does seem you can see it get out of focus every once in awhile but playback cool.
- Youtube playback of 3D items are awesome.
- Size of device feels better...I think the narrower, taller works better (for me at least)
- Sense 3.0 is awesome. Had the hacked version on my EVO, amazing how much better it performs on this device.
- Ability to pull in Picasa in default gallery app
- Dedicated camera button.
Ehhhh...not big deals but....
- The way I hold the phone it seems the camera button is in the way.
- bottom buttons seem way too bright
- Seems Sense has a couple quirks when browsing all apps...might be fixed in the update, I haven't applied it yet.
- Youtube app seems to freak a bit going between 3D and 2D
- My Green Hornet doesn't work
- Wish scrolling all apps had an option of allowing free scroll, not only page by page
- Need root! Restoring all my apps and logins is killing me
Don't get why reviewers bagged on:
- Power and volume buttons...work fine for me
- 3D....I mean I guess I can see, it can make your eyes feel weird, and not very angle is perfect, but damn, it looks GOOD.
Not tried yet:
- 4G speed
- Can you convert a 3D picture to 2D?? Same just take one of the images as a still?
- Front camera
- Battery life
Very happy so far....and able to keep the original Evo in the family
- 06-22-2011, 11:55 PM #77
I think if you have to stare at the phone to slowly get the 3d effect, you're going to be more prone to get headaches. I didn't get dizzy while playing witht he Radio Shack unit, and didn't get a headache either. I am in a weird spot right now because I am overly tired from having to get up at 5 am yesterday morning, drive for 6 hours, work until 3 am, and only running on 5 hours of sleep last night so my eyes just feel tired to begin with.
For the person that played with the Sprint demo unit, was that an actual retail phone that just hadn't been activated yet, or was it a demo unit that plays some crazy demo all the time and which has no lock screen since the demo video starts as soon as you try to turn the screen on and off. Everytime that stupid demo started, and you hit the home button from there, Sense had to load itself again.
With this particular demo unit Sense did not feel completely butter smooth and the scrolling from one screen to the next in the app launcher seemed a bit jerky. This demo phone was running software version 1.11.xx.xxx
Just wondering if the full retail version is even smoother and faster.
- 06-23-2011, 12:09 AM #78
- 06-23-2011, 12:10 AM #79
- 06-23-2011, 12:11 AM #80
- 06-23-2011, 12:27 AM #81
This is hands-down the best device available on the market right now.
I am in LOVE with this phone; true, the 3D isnt some mind blowing, slap you in the face experience, but it has it as a feature! And to be honest, it's pretty damn cool. Everybody I've shown it to feels the same way.
It is smoooooooth as butter and quick as lightning. If you werent planning on getting the Evo 3D, you need to reconsider, RIGHT NOW.
If the 3D content is what worries you, remember, you DONT have to use it and this is a killer device; with or without the 3D.
- 06-23-2011, 12:38 AM #82
- 06-23-2011, 01:07 AM #83
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, because I did not read the whole post, but everyone is saying the wifi is better, which is because the Evo 4g only had b/g (ridiculous) but now the Evo 3D has b/g/n, which explains why it is drastically better.
EDIT: I also have a question, has anyone checked out the capacitive button light leakage (like the Evo 4g had) because on the review by Techno Buffalo I noticed it looked like it was leaking (that makes me very disappointed in htc if it is not fixed)
- 06-23-2011, 01:13 AM #84
I have been watching 3D videos on youtube for an hour now and let me say that this is amazing. Takes a bit to get used to but wow. Kid waving a sawzaw I thought it was going to cut my noes off. It is very good.
EVO - LUTION 3D
- 06-23-2011, 01:17 AM #86
- 06-23-2011, 01:36 AM #87
My wife and daughter cane home pretty much when mine was being delivered. I have not had a lot of time to play with the phone but the I have immensely enjoyed the short time I have tinkered with it.
I thought the 3D picture I took was pretty amazing!
Sense is almost too responsive LOL
- 06-23-2011, 01:54 AM #89
- 06-23-2011, 02:10 AM #90
Was just wondering if the browser still has the setting to turn off mobile view? Is HTC the only phones that has this setting because I've never seen it on any Samsungs or anything else. I can't stand mobile sites so this is important for me.
- 06-23-2011, 02:44 AM #92
- 06-23-2011, 03:04 AM #93
- 06-23-2011, 03:22 AM #94
- 06-23-2011, 06:44 AM #95
- 06-23-2011, 08:34 AM #96
That should break in your battery and fully charge it. At least that's what I was told with my evo 4G.
- 06-23-2011, 08:47 AM #97
- 103 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Hey boys and girls (whom i envy),
Would you mind looking in the about phone settings and let me know if your have a Hardware (HW) version listed like we had in the Evo 4g? Im curious with a lot of the same comments (but reviewers from sites are generally very different) if perhaps there are different versions of the phone, non software related. id also be interested if those people who have it could also check the radio version.
Thanks and i'll be seeing you guys in heaven (sic) tomorrow!
- 06-23-2011, 08:51 AM #98
- 15 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- 06-23-2011, 08:55 AM #99